Pearl Jam TV? Video stream of their live shows!

Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Posts: 952
edited April 2013 in The Porch
Live streaming of all their shows?

Wouldn't we be happy.

One can only dream :)
Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i would cancel my cable and watch only this and mlb.tv
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    I would love to see a members only video channel on the site here next to Pj radio where we could watch shows like that :D

Great for that "inner circle" idea of being a 10c member :corn:
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,577
    appie wrote:
    I would love to see a members only video channel on the site here next to Pj radio where we could watch shows like that :D

Great for that "inner circle" idea of being a 10c member :corn:

Yes, yes, oh god yes!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Can I have a job doing this please?

:corn:
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 344
    Though I'm so grateful to all the Periscopers out there, I can't help but wonder why they don't offer live streams of their shows for a (small?) fee? I would gladly pay a few bucks for each gig to watch a high quality video feed of their shows!
  • dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 915
    Yes! This and a Benaroya Hall re-issue. Do it now!!
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369

Yes! This and a Benaroya Hall re-issue. Do it now!!

along with, dare I say, a Wrigley 2013 boot : )
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    why can't PJ have their own Periscope channel?
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882

why can't PJ have their own Periscope channel?

They probably don't want to broadcast their shows for free, I don't blame them.
    If they did their own streaming thing it'd be nice, but what if there's a tech glitch. I'm sure they're tired of us complaining about everything else already.
    But one can dream.

I was saying last night how far it's come in 15 years, from boots months later, to setlist threads, to "watching" wrigley through the street cam, and now periscopes. It's crazy.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    While periscope is crazy awesome.... I cant help to think when Im watching... the poor person(s) behind the periscope-r. I have had people hold cell phones in front of me for periods of time and it sucks.

Have PJ harness, broadcast, and stream the video feed and audio. Sell it for $10 a pop or $100 for an entire tour.
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 504
    If people can periscope they should be able to relay the the arena feed.

Then theres the $ thing and people capturing the shows

This should be done for the shows at wrigley and fenway
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
    edited April 2016
    Would it be pretty freaking sweet if one of Pearl Jam's shows was available live on Pay Per View or a way they could live stream with Nugs. http://nugs.tv/
    I agree. Not sure what the barriers are to making this happen (financial, technological, artistic), but for a nominal fee there would be a steady source of PJ fans like all of us that would pay to watch the shows we can't attend.

But there has to be a reason they're not doing this. I'd pay up to $9.99 per show or maybe a package deal of up to $100 for an entire tour year of streaming their shows. I know other bands are doing this (Phish for example) and I'd venture to guess that they aren't as fan-friendly as PJ is (not a knock on them; just a compliment to PJ).
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    This would be so incredibly cool if something like this would happen. I know I would be subscribing or ordering whatever they did
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    They can charge for it - I would love to watch it the comfort of my own home
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    edited April 2016

I think you may have just outlined why they don't do it, lol. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Respectfully disagree. None of us (or a very small percentage) would choose watching at home over going to the actual show if possible.
    cacarr1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Respectfully disagree. None of us (or a very small percentage) would choose watching at home over going to the actual show if possible.
    Note the "lol" and the " ;) ".
    Of course people don't stop going to concerts just because of live streams.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DefraggerDefragger Posts: 32
    You could always only stream the sold out shows.
  • CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369
    PJ_Soul said:

Was thinking the same... Lol
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Love this idea!!
    Periscope really helps relieve my anxiety over not being able to attend any of these shows. However, having to deal with the feed dropping out and finding new links, poor sound and shaky views does get to be a drag. (I'll take what I can get, I'm not complaining)

Most certainly broadcasting the 4 baseball field shows would be a real treat for us! :)
    Let's just say the band doesn't want to live stream their show. No problem.

But at least broadcast on the radio one live performance on this Spring tour. Remember the day's of Monkeywrench Radio? Now you have a 24 / 7 dedicated radio station to your selves. You can do pretty much anything you want.

I wish. I wish they could do this, on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio.
    edited April 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

I just went to Fort Lauderdale and Miami - it was cool to watch and listen to Tampa. I still would have went to the other shows. It would be cool to get a high quality feed - rather than a bootleg stream. It will happen eventually - just like it did with the audio. ;)
    PJ_Soul said:

cacarr1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Note the "lol" and the " ;) ".
    Of course people don't stop going to concerts just because of live streams.
    Yeah, I know you were saying that in jest. But it was one of the barriers that I had considered (actually a couple friends said the same thing; we discuss pretty lofty stuff from time to time!;))

Anyway...I think it'd be great. And they could funnel all proceeds directly to the Vitology foundation! I'm going to email them to let them know what a genius I am (or rather all of us)!!! ;)
    For sure. I do find the multicam shows that are posted to youtube. I think those are well done enough. But I understand that people would like to see these shows streamed live. It's fun to be able to chat about it online while it's happening.