My new travel blog!

susannjsusannj Posts: 664
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
You can check out my new travel blog here - enjoy!
http://susannj.com/2013/04/03/key-west- ... er-escape/
-See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
New York, New York 07-09-2003
E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
New York, New York 05-21-2010
Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
New York, New York 05-01-2016
New York, New York 09-11-2022
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    can i go next time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I always enjoy your travel bog, thanks for sharing.
    I get down to Key west a few times a year, and there were several places in your blog that I didnt know about!
    I do love the green Parrot though. :mrgreen:

And as I always say, maybe have some drinks next time! ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I love your blogs!

I take lots of pictures wherever I go, I just never do anything with them :(

Do you keep a diary with you so you can keep notes of your adventures, and then write the blog, or do you write in the blog at the end of each day?

I would like to get your opinion and or tips for travel in the Caribbean...Jamacia, Bahamas, Cayman Islands-specifically. I am promised a trip there this year.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I get down to Key west a few times a year, and there were several places in your blog that I didnt know about!

When you going next?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I love your blogs!

I take lots of pictures wherever I go, I just never do anything with them :(

Do you keep a diary with you so you can keep notes of your adventures, and then write the blog, or do you write in the blog at the end of each day?

I would like to get your opinion and or tips for travel in the Caribbean...Jamacia, Bahamas, Cayman Islands-specifically. I am promised a trip there this year.

Being that I live in the East Coast, it makes it very easy to travel to the Caribbean. I myself have never been to Jamaica, but did go to Nassau, Bahamas last year and Grand Cayman before then. Both islands have beautiful water. Grand Cayman is very "americanized", flat dry island, great restaurants. Nassau (the town) itself is not too appealing, but we stayed away from Nassau at Compass Point Resort closer to the airport, or you could go over to Paradise Island. If I would go back to the Bahamas I would prefer staying in one of the Out Islands instead - Exumas, Abacos, etc. I probably liked Grand Cayman better over Nassau all and all. Any other questions let me know ;)
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022

When you going next?

I'm hoping to go again near the end of May. My Dad lives in Marathon (about half way down). Im hoping to do a kayak/stand up paddle board trip. Then I think we're camping in November too.

You?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

When you going next?

I'm hoping to go again near the end of May. My Dad lives in Marathon (about half way down). Im hoping to do a kayak/stand up paddle board trip. Then I think we're camping in November too.

You?
    Will be there Memorial Day Weekend... Escaping the Zombie thon on the beach :shock:
    Let me know if you are around... Drinks on me :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif

When you going next?

You?
    Will be there Memorial Day Weekend... Escaping the Zombie thon on the beach :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif

You?

Awesome, Memorial day might just work out!
    Zombiethon?
  • speaking of blogs, here's my new baseball blog that me and my best friend from college have started

http://gothamhub.com/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

You?

Zombiethon?
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=189995&hilit=miami+zombie
    GoiMTvP.gif

Zombiethon?
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=189995&hilit=miami+zombie

Oh! :lol:
    There's this race/marathon I heard about where there are zombies chasing you. I just thought you were into zombie fitness or something. :P

Yeah, there are some freaks in Key West that have zombie potential though... for sure.