Anders Lee Goal

jasonjason Posts: 468
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey PJ World,

I coach high school football in MN and a player I used to coach several years ago scored his first NHL goal last night and I just want to post about it. I am super proud of him, even though he is pretty far away now.

Congrats to you Anders! To a long and successful season and to many, many more goals.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... hl-period/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    that's gotta feel pretty cool. congrads to him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    jason wrote:
    Hey PJ World,

I coach high school football in MN and a player I used to coach several years ago scored his first NHL goal last night and I just want to post about it. I am super proud of him, even though he is pretty far away now.

Congrats to you Anders! To a long and successful season and to many, many more goals.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... hl-period/

wow, on his 1st shot!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    That's fucken so awesome! Can't imagine what that feelings like....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    that's very cool. I know how that feels - In December I watched a kid that I coached in soccer for many years make a 54 yard field goal to help his team win the PA high school state football championship game. I thought he was lining up to punt!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Anders Lee... yes... I remember him well. Played varsity hockey in 8th grade. I used to work out over at St. Thomas.
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    Luckily he transfered back to Edina (where I coach) and got to be with him for a couple years. He is very talented and a bright guy with a HUGE future ahead of him.

Super pumped to see this! Even if he never scores again, what a thrill.

As for the 54 yarder - WOW!! That is a LONG ways and I know what that is like to see that ball go in the air and be like, come on baby, come on baby!

Pretty sweet.

Thanks for sharing in this PJ world. You might not know Anders but I think he will be around. Super happy for him and his family!!!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    It is neat

This is a really interesting time in my life... seeing guys I played with growing up in the WCHA, playing hockey for Air Force... shit, Anders Lee was a legend over at FHIT.... now he's a pro. Good for him
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    It is neat

This is a really interesting time in my life... seeing guys I played with growing up in the WCHA, playing hockey for Air Force... shit, Anders Lee was a legend over at FHIT.... now he's a pro. Good for him

:D:D:D

:clap::clap::clap: