Options

===> Lollapalooza Brazil webcast to be shown on 4/6 <===

13»

Comments

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    When a better quality version surfaces (and it will), please post links here.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,197
    nukeboot wrote:
    When a better quality version surfaces (and it will), please post links here.

okie dokie :)
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

Now the wait for an HDTV > DVD or .ts download in superior quality ..
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,336
    demetrios wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Now the wait for an HDTV > DVD or .ts download in superior quality ..

It's been captured. I spotted a 1080i capture on one of the music torrent sites i peruse.

I'd mention it, but didn't want to get the thread locked. At least its out there. PJ has been so tight with their shows being broadcast on tv, that I'm pretty stoked to get to watch a full PJ concert in HD (there isn't even a proper PJ concert on bluray yet.. lol).
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

It's been captured. I spotted a 1080i capture on one of the music torrent sites i peruse.

I'd mention it, but didn't want to get the thread locked. At least its out there. PJ has been so tight with their shows being broadcast on tv, that I'm pretty stoked to get to watch a full PJ concert in HD (there isn't even a proper PJ concert on bluray yet.. lol).

I'm seeing the Argentina show, but not Brazil.

I think it's pretty much fair game since it was shown on TV and other threads with download links
    for that show and the Chile radio broadcast haven't been locked.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    Zod wrote:

I think it's pretty much fair game since it was shown on TV and other threads with download links

I saw it on Dime :)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    nukeboot wrote:
    Zod wrote:

I saw it on Dime :)

That Dime 1080i ts file is amazing!!!! :)
    Now the hunt for Argentina & Chile.

One thing I don't understand is why is it every South American Pearl Jam show get's it's own live radio, webcast stream & TV broadcast, but we don't see any of that here in Canada & the USA?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461
    demetrios wrote:
    Now the hunt for Chile.

Fixed for you.
    Pap wrote:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Now the hunt for Chile.

Fixed for you.
    Pap wrote:

For SD, thanks.

But looking for HD. That one is an 360p stream up scaled to 720p/1080p.
    Just check out the quality.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I'm having trouble finding it.

If you don't want to post a link, please message it to me and I will.

Thanks.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

One thing I don't understand is why is it every South American Pearl Jam show get's it's own live radio, webcast stream & TV broadcast, but we don't see any of that here in Canada & the USA?

Yah its way better than the youtube version.

btw I don't think its just Pearl Jam. I have this big collection of HD videos from the bands I like on my computer. So many of the shows are from South American music festivals. I think they put them all on TV down there? Maybe it's because they sell out, or because the economics are different? In North America there's always the concern of money. IE if we put something on TV, who's going to buy the tickets? I don't really agree with it, but I think that's the mentality.

Most of the proshot HD videos I have come from South America or Europe. An alternative argument could be there really aren't any music tv channels left in North America to air them? MTV/Muchmusic aren't music channels anymore. The only channel that airs Rock videos is Palladia (which I'd love to get here in Canada).
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    just if you are in the mood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orgWG3clWlo
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Zod wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yah its way better than the youtube version.

btw I don't think its just Pearl Jam. I have this big collection of HD videos from the bands I like on my computer. So many of the shows are from South American music festivals. I think they put them all on TV down there? Maybe it's because they sell out, or because the economics are different? In North America there's always the concern of money. IE if we put something on TV, who's going to buy the tickets? I don't really agree with it, but I think that's the mentality.

Most of the proshot HD videos I have come from South America or Europe. An alternative argument could be there really aren't any music tv channels left in North America to air them? MTV/Muchmusic aren't music channels anymore. The only channel that airs Rock videos is Palladia (which I'd love to get here in Canada).

Wish we had Palladia here too. I missed the day's when Much Music Saturday Night's had the Live Concert events. Or the Internet & Interactive show's. Now, that channel and it's Much More Music channel has been taken over by reality TV & soap opera garbage from VH1. Very sad!!

I also have many HD videos of concerts from the USA / CDN but it's usually from official Blu-ray rips. Live TV broadcasts from festivals or arenas, are a ghost. You would think we have the technology to offer the live radio or TV streams here, but it show's that we don't while Europe & South America are offering it easily.
  • Options
    Yup. Thank god for the internet. Back in the 90s you'd have to find someone online to trade videotapes with to get copies of shows that aired elsewhere (and being devastated when you didn't think to ask if it was in PAL!)

Now with the internet, as long as it airs somewhere on TV, there seems to be some kind individual that will capture it (in pristine HD quality) and upload it somewhere on the internet.

I found the time to watch the Brazil Lollapalooza show last night. Wow did it look good in HD :) I really enjoyed it. It's nice to finally have a full HD quality Pearl Jam show to watch. Hopefully PJ puts out a bluray soon. I was always hoping they'd release the Gorge '05 show, but they never did :( (
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    chile show,no hd..but thanks to people did this

http://txtup.co/zfvc
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Those people are good, i've heard. ;)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Yup. Thank god for the internet. Back in the 90s you'd have to find someone online to trade videotapes with to get copies of shows that aired elsewhere (and being devastated when you didn't think to ask if it was in PAL!)

Do you know we can now purchase video clips from Much Music? :)

The prices do vary but it's pretty good if you want the original source in superior quality.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Zod wrote:

The prices do vary but it's pretty good if you want the original source in superior quality.

Does it have to be something they aired? There were always rumors they filmed the entire Barrie '98 show, but only broadcast small clips from it :)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Does it have to be something they aired? There were always rumors they filmed the entire Barrie '98 show, but only broadcast small clips from it :)

I believe so. Though I haven't talked to Bell Media if they do have have a complete copy of Barrie '98 in it's entirely.

The only known video that was ever shown on Much Music was .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3alA4Vd3xY