Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Panasonic electric razor.

Takes me 1 minute to shave.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    wax
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    68022.jpg

Buy one made in Italy or Germany...they know how to make an excellent blade.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    68022.jpg

:?

scary
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    68022.jpg

:?

scary

:roll:

go into teh store where I told you to get a shave: http://www.theartofshaving.com/

they will show you how to shave with a straight razor.
    if you want to start out, go ahead and buy a cheaper blade, just make sure the blade is carbon steel, never buy full stainless in ANY blade. (kitchen, hunting, razor etc)

A good blade will cost around $120-$200, a strop with oil will be about $40, then you pay to get it sharpened about twice a year about $15, it will last you the rest of your life...how much do you spend on buying razors every year?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    You know I dont know squat in this dept.
    I used to use the most expensive triple action, high torque, face humping badass blades I could find because I hated a bad shave.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I use these, a pack will last me about a year:

Gillette-Razors-300x300.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ...how much do you spend on buying razors every year?

less than that. i only have to shave a little trim work. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ...how much do you spend on buying razors every year?

less than that. i only have to shave a little trim work. ;)

:fp: I forgot you have a furry face...just buy one of those electric dealies with the trimmer attachment.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I use these, a pack will last me about a year:

Gillette-Razors-300x300.jpg

Ditto ;) ...unless the ladies in da house use them for their lady-bits 1st and forget to tell you...oooooooyah !!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    When I actually do a clean shave, I use Mach 3's....otherwise I just use a trimmer.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Gillette Fusion

The blade is important, but so is the shaving cream. I prefer Pacific Shaving Company's cream. Their shaving oil is good too. When I have the time, I'll use the badger hair brush in a cup with some Proraso.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Gillette Fusion

The blade is important, but so is the shaving cream. I prefer Pacific Shaving Company's cream. Their shaving oil is good too. When I have the time, I'll use the badger hair brush in a cup with some Proraso.

In the house of guys here I agree shave cream does make a huge difference.
    Anthony Logistics is also a good one... Their whole skin care line is nice.

Costco or Sams Club is a great place to buy blades if they have the kind you like....

To make them last longer

http://consumerist.com/2010/03/26/make- ... 20-months/

I've also heard you can try putting them in barbicide and that helps but idk if either really work.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    RKCNDY wrote:
    68022.jpg

Is it wise for someone to shave their own head with one of these?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mca47 wrote:
    When I actually do a clean shave, I use Mach 3's....otherwise I just use a trimmer.
    I believe that's what I used when I shaved. I also have a beard trimmer with four different attachment settings. I haven't shaved in a tad over one year. everyday though I wanna shave but do not. I actually have quite the lengthy beard goin on especially around the chin where it's longest. i used to enjoy shaving years ago mostly because I liked the after affect
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I believe that's what I used when I shaved. I also have a beard trimmer with four different attachment settings. I haven't shaved in a tad over one year. everyday though I wanna shave but do not. I actually have quite the lengthy beard goin on especially around the chin where it's longest. i used to enjoy shaving years ago mostly because I liked the after affect

i've shaved it all like once in the last decade. i may shave off the sides this summer. guess if i'm going to do it, i should do it before the weather warms and the face tans. :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    Ok here is some useless info, that you could all do without.

I can NOT use the disposable blades..
    They just tear the holy hell out of my face.
    I have to spend the $20+ and get the good blades.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

good blades and shaving cream or nothing

also either soap as after shave or maybe aqua velva (for me anyways)
    anything else burns like a bastard & is probably harming your skin

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    electric. i don't trust myself when it comes to putting a razor to my face when i am half asleep, early in the morning before work. it's simple, quick, easy to clean. obviously doesn't give you as close of a shave that a razor does, but whether i use electric or a razor, my five o'clock shadow always show up around noon, so i am okay with doing quick shave jobs with my norelco.
    chadwick wrote:

good blades and shaving cream or nothing

also either soap as after shave or maybe aqua velva (for me anyways)
    anything else burns like a bastard & is probably harming your skin

I never liked shaving cream, so I bought one of those fog-proof mirrors so I could shave in the shower. The mirrors are not fog-proof. I think that may be impossible. But i get a better shave when water is constantly in thwe mix.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    bionicamy wrote:
    Gillette Fusion

In the house of guys here I agree shave cream does make a huge difference.
    Anthony Logistics is also a good one... Their whole skin care line is nice.

Costco or Sams Club is a great place to buy blades if they have the kind you like....

To make them last longer

http://consumerist.com/2010/03/26/make- ... 20-months/

I've also heard you can try putting them in barbicide and that helps but idk if either really work.
    I've never heard of rubbing the blade against one's arm or palm. I did hear once that you could extend the life of the blade by storing them in baby oil after each use. I haven't tried it.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Shaving in the shower is key. The steam and hot water make shaving easy. I use a handheld mirror and rinse it when I rinse the blade. Takes some learning, but once I got the hang of it, it's the only place for me to shave. I have been using Gillette Fusion blades and Dove soap for a while, but after seeing that dollar shave link, I think I might give those a try. I also use Nivea after shave balm, feels great and the GF loved the smell on me.

Cheers and be well,
    BS
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.

I never liked shaving cream, so I bought one of those fog-proof mirrors so I could shave in the shower. The mirrors are not fog-proof. I think that may be impossible. But i get a better shave when water is constantly in thwe mix.

put a little water in a small bowl, add a few drops of liquid soap, stir well, dip a towel in the solution and wipe solution on mirror...fog free. Or just use Fog-X.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

put a little water in a small bowl, add a few drops of liquid soap, stir well, dip a towel in the solution and wipe solution on mirror...fog free. Or just use Fog-X.

ahh, good ideas, thanks. :)
    I didnt realize they made something like fog-x.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Women's razors are just not as good as men's, so I use Gillette Fusion ProGlide, and am very happy with them. They last a long time, relatively.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Women's razors are just not as good as men's, so I use Gillette Fusion ProGlide, and am very happy with them. They last a long time, relatively.
    next time i ever shave i'm using a girl's razor

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    rival. wrote:
    electric. i don't trust myself when it comes to putting a razor to my face when i am half asleep, early in the morning before work. it's simple, quick, easy to clean. obviously doesn't give you as close of a shave that a razor does, but whether i use electric or a razor, my five o'clock shadow always show up around noon, so i am okay with doing quick shave jobs with my norelco.

hate to break it to you, but real men don't use electric razors ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    chadwick wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    next time i ever shave i'm using a girl's razor
    Enjoy the razor rash!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata