Options

What if Scream was a hit for Chris Cornell???

halvhalv Posts: 678
edited April 2013 in Other Music
Would Soundgarden have still eventually reunited?
Would Chris be the opening act for Rihanna?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Soundgarden would not have reunited. I knew the second Scream bombed Soundgarden would be back. If the hip hop career was where the money was at for Chris he'd still be doing it.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    What if Scream was a hit ... :think: ... I would assume there had been a tear in the space time continuum ... and that there had been terrible misuse of the Grays Sports Almanac between 1950 and the year 2000.

:? :geek:
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    ...Soundgarden would still have reformed, you only have to listen to King Animal to experience the musical connection between them that brought them back together. Think of relationships in your own life that have faltered and been reignited after a period of time.

In saying that, Scream was a pile of shit...thank fuck it bombed and we can all put it behind us.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    If the hip hop career was where the money was at for Chris he'd still be doing it.

I completely disagree with this statement. Chris is a remarkably talented guy, he would not be stuck in a genre purely for the money if it wasn't also doing something for him creatively.

Scream acoustic is pretty amazing, by the way.

As for the original question.. who knows what could have been? I mean, if Soundgarden hadn't broken up, would Pearl Jam have broken up by now since Matt wouldn't have been there to bail them out on the drummer situation? What would have happened to Ed if he hadn't met Jack Irons? What if Andy Wood hadn't died?

I try not to think about the what ifs, hurts my brain. Just enjoy the ride. I particularly enjoy where it's taken Chris, even if it meant he took a pit stop in the hip hop world. Good for him.
  • Options
    Soundgarden would not have reunited. I knew the second Scream bombed Soundgarden would be back. If the hip hop career was where the money was at for Chris he'd still be doing it.

don't think too highly of the man, I guess? give the guy props for taking a risk and doing something new. I personally didn't like it at all, but I'm guessing he did, which is usually the only thing that matters to a musician/artist.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

don't think too highly of the man, I guess? give the guy props for taking a risk and doing something new. I personally didn't like it at all, but I'm guessing he did, which is usually the only thing that matters to a musician/artist.

Huge fan, but it's the truth. He made an album with Timbaland, very expensive videos. If he wanted to artistically experiment with rap he wouldn't have gone with somebody so mainstream. Chris also said while promoting Scream if he wanted to make a lot of money he would reunite with Soundgarden, which happened a year later.
  • Options

Huge fan, but it's the truth. He made an album with Timbaland, very expensive videos. If he wanted to artistically experiment with rap he wouldn't have gone with somebody so mainstream. Chris also said while promoting Scream if he wanted to make a lot of money he would reunite with Soundgarden, which happened a year later.

if you are going to experiment, why not go with the top of the field you are delving into?

that last statement was obviously aimed at people not taking him seriously, thinking he was doing it for the money, which is what timbaland and that genre in general is known for. is soundgarden making money hand over fist? I doubt it, highly. they are playing smaller theatres than they ever have during their main run.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Soundgarden's live show model right now is great, I never said I didn't like that (prices are high but it's like that for Ed/PJ too). I just said there were clearly monetary motivations behind the Timbaland album and Soundgarden reunion, if you go by some of his interview quotes that he contradicted. I don't really care though I'm just happy I get to see Soundgarden live.