2»

Comments

• Options
    rviestelrviestel Posts: 3
    keyser wrote:
    leolsmathias, it all started with this:

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/20 ... utral-net/

Hey man, thanks a lot!

But the band should not be worried about censorship in Brazil... Before PJ concert, TV broadcasted a brazilian band called "Planet Hemp" concert entirely, which talks and openly supports the drug legalization, specially marijuana. If such band could sing 20 songs about the benefits of smoking marijuana, PJ's speeches and even personal opinions would never be censored. But anyway...

Completely agree with you. I can even understand the background, but this was not a smart decision... I dont think "Happy easter" or "you are one of the best crowds in the world" would be censored. Absolutely no reason to not authorize the broadcast.... unfortunately all it did was to generate disappointment among fans and scratch their image with the brazilian people (who not all understand the background of the decision)....

Too bad...
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    Definitely gonna have to pick up this boot. What a damn setlist! :shock: Must have been a blast.
  • Options
    Epic show !
    I just stayed for the third time in the first row (in line since 7am) I traveled alone to another city and went to São Paulo just to see pearl jam. In the show, eddie looked at me and sent me a kiss while was playing black. Then played I Believe in Miracles, LOL !! When played Baba' O Riley and I gain an Eddie's tambourine.
    And mike looked at me too

I couldn't be more happy

img1554gl.jpg the eddie's tambourine

img00185k.jpg first row
    Rio de Janeiro, Praça da Apoteose, 2011
    Atlanta, Music Midtown, 2012
    São Paulo, Lollapalooza, 2013
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    Could've sworn the setlist was different when I saw the original post...
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Good for you. :thumbup:
    thaislopes wrote:
    Epic show !
    I just stayed for the third time in the first row (in line since 7am) I traveled alone to another city and went to São Paulo just to see pearl jam. In the show, eddie looked at me and sent me a kiss while was playing black. Then played I Believe in Miracles, LOL !! When played Baba' O Riley and I gain an Eddie's tambourine.

I couldn't be more happy

img00185k.jpg first row
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    It wasn't my best experience in a PJ show. The first 5 songs were ruined by a group of guys that turned their back to the stage and began to talk loudly. The show just began for me when I found another place to stay.
    Highlights: Wishlist, Black and Nothingman. Interstellar Overdrive was another highlight because my brother, who was with me, is a big Pink Floyd fan.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,609
    Ed dedicated Wishlist to April, Matt's wife.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    thaislopes wrote:
    Epic show !

I couldn't be more happy

img00185k.jpg first row
    saw the photos at facebook!!awesome!! congrats!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    for those who couldn't attend the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orgWG3clWlo
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    It seemed like a college party, the average age was like early 20's. I was surrounded by a group of people who didnt look older than 20 and felt like an uncle the family sends to take care of the kids outside. But then, I got a nice surprise when I saw those kids knowing the lyrics to classic PJ songs word by word.

There was not the intensity of Buenos Aires crowd but overall, it was nice, cool show. Sao Paulo is a cool place, a much bigger version of a cool German city like Frankfurt. It also seemed like the kind of place where the Brazilian supermodels come from. :)

What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    FedecoFedeco Posts: 49
    jumbojet wrote:
    It seemed like a college party, the average age was like early 20's. I was surrounded by a group of people who didnt look older than 20 and felt like an uncle the family sends to take care of the kids outside. But then, I got a nice surprise when I saw those kids knowing the lyrics to classic PJ songs word by word.

There was not the intensity of Buenos Aires crowd but overall, it was nice, cool show. Sao Paulo is a cool place, a much bigger version of a cool German city like Frankfurt. It also seemed like the kind of place where the Brazilian supermodels come from. :)

There are some memories that stayed with you all the way when you got on tour with a band like PJ. When you get on a plane wearing a PJ t-shirt and you see one third of the passengers spread on a plane wearing PJ-20, PJ Euro Tour, PJ SA 2005 tour, Stickman t-shirts, all heading to Sao Paulo, and most people are going to the beach and really don't have a clue why so many people wear PJ t-shirts and why they look so happy! Priceless!
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Fedeco wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

There are some memories that stayed with you all the way when you got on tour with a band like PJ. When you get on a plane wearing a PJ t-shirt and you see one third of the passengers spread on a plane wearing PJ-20, PJ Euro Tour, PJ SA 2005 tour, Stickman t-shirts, all heading to Sao Paulo, and most people are going to the beach and really don't have a clue why so many people wear PJ t-shirts and why they look so happy! Priceless!
    :thumbup:
    They don't know what they are missing... ;)
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 64
    Fedeco wrote:
    dubfire wrote:
    Look like a good show, anyway (no offense to my Brazilians friends), I think the show here in Argentina next Wednesday will be much better. As always. The passion of the Argentinian crowd is unmatchable.
    First I want to congratulate the brazilians for the excellent festival they organized. The WHOLE WEEKEND WAS AMAZING, the atmosphere, the place, the sound, the lights, the staff, the beer, the food, the transportation network, all was superb and most important THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC!
    I hope we argentinians add to our incredible passion this level of commitment to have a festival like the brazilian lolla.

I was there last night, I wanted more songs but I realized that the staff supporting the festival had time constrains with buses, metro, etc. Sao Paulo is huge and 55.000 people is a big number to manage. The set list was made for a festival, the classics people wanted, olé as a gift, people wanted to sing along and they delivered the music to do it. I missed the argentinian guitar singalongs, I started to sing them but the brazilians have a different way, it's like oh, oh, oh, along with the drum beats, jumping supporting the tempo. Highlight for me was the melody singalong during Wishlist, excellent, it could last forever and fade the end, very nice add to the song.
    So I'm waiting to catch my plane back home, to enjoy our singalongs in BA, and then heading to Santiago.

Hey, Fedeco! Didn't you have troubles in the willcall to withdraw your tickets?
    I am brazilian. I hosted three guys from Chile. I went with them to withdraw their tickets on friday and we waited FOUR HOURS in the line.
    I am ashamed.
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA) - EV
  • Options
    nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 64
    For the love of God, please fucking STOP playing Ole'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Agreed!
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA)
  • Options
    FedecoFedeco Posts: 49
    nane wrote:
    Fedeco wrote:
    dubfire wrote:
    Look like a good show, anyway (no offense to my Brazilians friends), I think the show here in Argentina next Wednesday will be much better. As always. The passion of the Argentinian crowd is unmatchable.
    First I want to congratulate the brazilians for the excellent festival they organized. The WHOLE WEEKEND WAS AMAZING, the atmosphere, the place, the sound, the lights, the staff, the beer, the food, the transportation network, all was superb and most important THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC!
    I hope we argentinians add to our incredible passion this level of commitment to have a festival like the brazilian lolla.

I was there last night, I wanted more songs but I realized that the staff supporting the festival had time constrains with buses, metro, etc. Sao Paulo is huge and 55.000 people is a big number to manage. The set list was made for a festival, the classics people wanted, olé as a gift, people wanted to sing along and they delivered the music to do it. I missed the argentinian guitar singalongs, I started to sing them but the brazilians have a different way, it's like oh, oh, oh, along with the drum beats, jumping supporting the tempo. Highlight for me was the melody singalong during Wishlist, excellent, it could last forever and fade the end, very nice add to the song.
    So I'm waiting to catch my plane back home, to enjoy our singalongs in BA, and then heading to Santiago.

Hey, Fedeco! Didn't you have troubles in the willcall to withdraw your tickets?
    I am brazilian. I hosted three guys from Chile. I went with them to withdraw their tickets on friday and we waited FOUR HOURS in the line.
    I am ashamed.
    Oii Nane! I went to Butanta late on Thursday, 6 pm or so and asked the guys at the first ticket boot, they told me to go to one address 1XXX something on the same avenue, 500 meters from there, to pick up the tickets. I got there, I was told to go upstairs because it was an international order, but when I was there none of the girls knew about Ten Club or Tickets discounts, jeje! So I spent some time explaining in a mix of spanish and really bad portuguese why my tickets were cheap in comparison with regular 3 days passes, so one said some magic words fam clube! Yeahhh Fan Clube, in spanish I started to give thanks to the girl, so I waited a while because one Fan ticket (Friday) wasn't there so she asked for one, and then the IT system didn't get along with my order, one hour or so, from the start to the end, but I learnt a lot of portuguese in the process!

You're ashamed for the tickets withdraw,it's nothing compared with your nightmare in BA. I'm really really sorry for the bad experience in my homeland, we brought into concerts the best and the worst from our football supporters culture, be close to the fence it's becoming more and more men's only experience because of the reckless behavior, the football chanting and riff singalongs are the best, the wild behavior is the worst. I met a brazilian couple going to BA and Santiago in my flight back to BA and as we walked to get our luggage I warned the guy about the jumping and pushing because I really wanted them to enjoy safely the crowd energy and the chanting.

I was lucky to be in the same plane with them to Santiago, I spoke with them about the gig in BA and the guy was very excited about the crowd chanting and the jumping but the wife didn't enjoy the experience at all cos'the pushings, I really had no words to say to her because I felt she was right, it's something to be address to make the experience positive for everyone.

So we have to give positive feedback to the things that make the PJ - SA touring experience unique and discuss the ones we need to change to make it perfect and enjoyable for everyone.

If I have to choose the dream scenario would be: first most important PJ on stage! Then Parque O'Higgings, perfect grass, families lying on the hill, trees, Santiago weather, perfect, the friendly staff and people @ Lolla Sampa, excellent beer delivered to you by guys with cooling backpacks, great food, and the beautiful and relaxed paulistas and the crowd energy of buenos aires without the pushing. Paradise!
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,016
    Listening to the boot today.
    Seemed to be some edits like when Eddie was introducing the band after even flow/before nothingman.
    Anyone concur...?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,118
    hi there
    im looking for the poster of this show.
    I travelled from Chile and attended to the show, but it was impossible to me to find the merchandising stand.
    Thanks in advanced¡¡

great show btw :D
    Mexico City 17/7/2003
    Mexico City 18/7/2003
    Mexico City 19/7/2003
    Santiago Chile 22/11/2005
    Santiago Chile 23/11/2005
    Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011
    Santiago Chile 16/11/2011
    Lima Perú 18/11/2011
    Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013
    Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013
    Santiago Chile 06/5/2013
    Santiago Chile 4/11/2015
    Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015
    Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015
    Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015
    Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015
    Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015
    Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015
    Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015
    Mexico City 28/11/2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016
    Miami, FL 9/4/2016
    Tampa, FL 11/4/2016
    Santiago Chile 13/3/2018
    Santiago Chile 16/3/2018
    Rome Italy 26/6/2018
    Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018
    Krakow Poland 3/7/2018
    Berlin Germany 5/7/2018
    Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018
    Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021
    Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Amazing show !! Crowd is good and the band was on fire!

Thanks PJ.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I just watched this performance and I thought it was fantastic!