Options

***HOLY GRAIL THANK YOU FROM BARGER395

barger395barger395 Posts: 855
edited April 2013 in Lost Dogs
Hi everybody!! I want to thank each and everyone of you as individuals for making my Holy grail happen!! Initially, I told the people putting this together that there had to be someone else more deserving than me. I really felt that way, but the choice had been made. Thank goodness it did.

As many of you you, and for those who don't, My GF passed away on Feb. 19th. She was my everything. I had built my life around her, and she had built hers around me. We were a couple of months away from moving into our dream home that we had designed and built from the ground up. We bred and raised champion Papillons. My GF was a trust fund baby, but she was the most generous person I have met yet. She encouraged me to be generous as well, and after our trip to Vancouver Sept 25, 2011 for her first show, she met other PJ fans and realized what an awesome community this is. The things we did, donations we made and stuff we bought to help others made us feel good.

My life was as brilliant and wonderful as I ever could have hoped for. Now, it isn't quite that way. The dogs (we called them our furkids)that were born into our hands and have lived with us are now being placed with whoever the heir's attorney can find to take them. The dream home will be sold by the heir. Almost everything connected to the last 8 years of my life is being stripped away from me.

That's when the Grail came and reigned love o'er me. Not long after my GF passed is when I got the message asking where to send my Grail. I didn't know then where I would be, the new house, the rental house I have been living in during construction, or on the street. So I had it sent to my Mother's house because I knew she was not moving any time soon.

I have not seen the Grail items yet. She lives 300+ miles away and I have had too much to deal with to break away for a day and go see her and the Grail. I did ask her to open it and she did. The setlist from the EV show on my birthday at the Santa Barbara Bowl in 2011 is incredible!! I have looked for that ever since the day after that show. THANK YOU!! She also said there was a pick, but she did not really describe it well, but I am sure it has to be a special one, and THANK YOU for this as well!! Lastly, the $$$ that you all donated to the Surfrider Foundation is incredible!! This community keeps on giving!! I chose that charity because I surfed those beaches some years before Ed did, and thought that would be a cool way to connect. My Mother has decided to match your donation, and so have I. So we are going to triple the donation.

At the 2nd lowest point in my life (losing my father when I was 13 is #1), the generous nature and love of all of you raised my spirits and reminded me that I am surrounded by people who care, by friends I have met and friends I have not met yet (Chicago??), and that this community will always be a place of refuge for me.

I cannot thank all y'all enough for what you did. Like I said earlier, I really didn't think I deserved such an honor at the time, and I still am not sure that I do. I am ever thankful to each and everyone of you (as individuals as Ed would say) for giving me hope and sending love and support from all corners of the globe. I am humbled.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as usual,

Cheers and be well,
Brian
Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Can't think of a more deserving person!! Happy that it brought you some joy during a difficult time, Brian. Take care & we'll see you on tour!!! :D

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    This really brings into perspective how completely insignificant and unnecessary some of our daily, weekly or whenever complaints and bitches really are!!! What a huge loss and life change!!!
    You're a great guy Brian, and it's really my pleasure and honor to call you my friend.
    A lot of us would have crumbled had we been in the same situation. This just shows your depth of character and resolve.
    This was such a deserved grail, and this community is full of amazing people who will always be there to support one of our own through thick and thin no matter what.
    Well said my friend - all the best!!!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    LarsK13LarsK13 Germany Posts: 1,650
    Enjoy your HG :!:
    Brian, take care and all the best for you!

Lars
    03-10-1992/06-11-1992/06-14-1992/11-04-1996/06-26-2000/09-23-2006/06-21-2007
    08-13-2009/06-22-2010/06-25-2010/06-30-2010/07-02-2012/07-04-2012/07-05-2012
    07-10-2012/06-16-2014/06-17-2014/06-26-2014
    04-28-2016/04-29-2016/05-01-2016/05-02-2016/08-20-2016/08-22-2016
    EV: 07-25-2012/05-29-2017/05-30-2017/06-01-2017

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/231685/iso-ev-concert-postcards#latest
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    List of all who donated (in no particular order):

eldarion75
    F Me In The Brain
    anthonybroxterman
    63schoefflin
    demetrios
    Aussie357
    PJ-Cubs
    deftones
    Blredyellow
    theserialthrilla
    JMo
    Suziemay
    eddiec
    mfc2006
    EZ1221C
    JK36392
    LarsK13
    chrisbesaw
    troysp1
    RR165789
    White Discussion
    jjflash
    themessenger
    Chief Broom
    Loulou
    HEX
    HesCalledDyer
    Paulina87
    Dirty Frankk
    BLACK35
    shep
    nothingman203
    Black Diamond
    dankind
    Greatplainsman…
    Blood Red Mosquito
    your move now
    Released1980
    dimitrispearljam
    LukinFan
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    barger395 wrote:
    My Mother has decided to match your donation, and so have I. So we are going to triple the donation.
    This is just one example on why you were chosen. I'm really glad that I got to know Brian a little better over the past couple of months. You and your family are in my prayers.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Hi Barger395,

I wish so much love to you for your enduring positivity and generosity.

I am sorry I wasn't able to contribute to your grail.
    I hadn't been on the forums, so didn't get to see it.

I will send a donation off to Surfrider for you instead :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    You are the man Barger, can't wait to kick it in CHICAGO 8-)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Ok...this probably gonna be a little bit longer than usual comments about a holy grail arrival ..

when we talked with Roger about who will be the next person to organize his/hers holy grail,and we brought Brian name,we both suprised and wonder how the hell we didnt organize earlier Brian holy grail...

well..i m not sure if i believed in the past in karma..but after i involved with this comunity as a member,i do fuckin believe...at least that things happens for a reason..

when we announce this holy grail and at the first weeks you all start donating,and we start dealing with sellers about the items Brian choose,we had the money to buy the second item as well,the pj20 backpack,(we find right away the setlist from David from Ireland)..but...we was both ,me and Roger like...fuck it..we dealing with other people well earn money,and they donate them for Brian,so we must and have and its our duty to make the best deal,and not just throw 300$ for a backpack..
    exactly the same time,Brian let us know the sad thing happen to his life..that he loose the love of his life ..his girlfriend

i must tell you all,that me and Roger was in shock,we didnt know how to handle the situation,cos as you understand we need to give Brian as much time as he want-need,cos he has to deal,with so much pain and sadness,and alot of other matter that he already mention,same time,we have all your money,thart isnt ours,we must take good care of them..and you need to know,that we trying to do the best we can...

so,that why i believe everything happen for a reason,the same time,we said fuck the backpack,we donate the money to the cause Brian choose,Brial told us what happen to his girlfriend,we knew after what happen to his personal life.that this donation would have a biggest meaning that a backpack..

i dont have to say to all,who is Brian is and what he does for the community..

im just happy,and want to thank you all for the fact that all of you,with your effort and donation,gave a smile to a friend,a fellow fan,a stranger to some of you...the time that he need it..

really thank you ALL....

Brian,we thank you,that gave us the change to sent you our love...

be well my friend...and again,im so sorry for your lose..

And thank you ALL for your help.....

Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    It's the least we can do man. We all toss money around for pieces of wax, apparel, etc. I'm happy to funnel some of that to something that matters and that someone other than myself will appreciate.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Brian, I'm one of the many people who have benefitted from your generosity, you are more than deserving of your grail. I'm glad you can find some comfort in this community, and if you're ever feeling a little alone or in need of support, please remember that we are all here. Real hug in Chicago, but for now, here's a virtual one (((((HUG)))))

Please take good care of yourself.

xx
    Su May
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Brian..I don't know you, and never really saw you post on here, but...that made me all teary eyed. I, too, have lost my father, and im sorry for the loss of your dad and your beloved girlfriend. You seem like a great person who was dealt a rough card. But, like everything in life, gotta hit the ground running and focus on the pisitives. KEEP ON BEING AWESOME.

Im so super happy they got together and did all of this for you.

ENJOY EVERYTHING.

Oh..btw, great name.

- Brian
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Hi Barger395,

I wish so much love to you for your enduring positivity and generosity.

I am sorry I wasn't able to contribute to your grail.
    I hadn't been on the forums, so didn't get to see it.

I will send a donation off to Surfrider for you instead :)
    thank you Jodie..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Hi Barger 395!

Somehow this HG got by me. Sorry. I will be sending Surfrider a donation with this week's paycheck.

I'm sorry you are going through such an ordeal. You have my support, and I hope I get a chance to meet you in Chicago. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Happy to help and in so doing you guys were able to help contribute to a dog rescue here.
    Good vibes all round:)
  • Options
    Ok...this probably gonna be a little bit longer than usual comments about a holy grail arrival ..

when we talked with Roger about who will be the next person to organize his/hers holy grail,and we brought Brian name,we both suprised and wonder how the hell we didnt organize earlier Brian holy grail...

well..i m not sure if i believed in the past in karma..but after i involved with this comunity as a member,i do fuckin believe...at least that things happens for a reason..

when we announce this holy grail and at the first weeks you all start donating,and we start dealing with sellers about the items Brian choose,we had the money to buy the second item as well,the pj20 backpack,(we find right away the setlist from David from Ireland)..but...we was both ,me and Roger like...fuck it..we dealing with other people well earn money,and they donate them for Brian,so we must and have and its our duty to make the best deal,and not just throw 300$ for a backpack..
    exactly the same time,Brian let us know the sad thing happen to his life..that he loose the love of his life ..his girlfriend

i must tell you all,that me and Roger was in shock,we didnt know how to handle the situation,cos as you understand we need to give Brian as much time as he want-need,cos he has to deal,with so much pain and sadness,and alot of other matter that he already mention,same time,we have all your money,thart isnt ours,we must take good care of them..and you need to know,that we trying to do the best we can...

so,that why i believe everything happen for a reason,the same time,we said fuck the backpack,we donate the money to the cause Brian choose,Brial told us what happen to his girlfriend,we knew after what happen to his personal life.that this donation would have a biggest meaning that a backpack..

im just happy,and want to thank you all for the fact that all of you,with your effort and donation,gave a smile to a friend,a fellow fan,a stranger to some of you...the time that he need it..

really thank you ALL....

Dimitris

Very well said, Dimi. You hit the nail on the head.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D so good it'll be soon in your hands
    and best of luck to you Brian!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    LukinFan wrote:

really thank you ALL....

Dimitris

Very well said, Dimi. You hit the nail on the head.
    Lovely words Dimitris. ;):D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Enjoy your holy grail, it is well deserved.
    I hope that good things come your way and that your pain will ease.

(I must have missed the HG, been occupied elsewhere - sorry!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    All the best, Brian. I feel like the gesture was so small compared to what you've endured. I could only hope to have the strength and resolve that you have shown since suffering such a painful loss. Take care.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Good stuff :thumbup: I missed out on this one too, immigration put a strain on my finances :roll: ...

Be well and take care, Brian!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Awesomeness!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,916
    Enjoy! :)
  • Options
    Awesomeness!!
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855

really thank you ALL....

Dimitris

THANK YOU DIMITRIS!!!! Your words are moving and thoughtful.

I love this place!!

Cheers and be well all!
    BS
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.