Good Friday!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Damn right it is a Good Friday!
I got the day off work!

Praise The Lord!

:P
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I dont' give a rats ass if you're off or not!

I'm working. Wait until I tell them I'm leaving early today too :lol:

Happy Good Friday to you :mrgreen:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425

Funny how it worked out.
    For the last 3 months, I have been working at a new account.
    I had NO IDEA that the company whose freight I am hauling, had Good Friday off.
    When I found out, I called my company to ask, "Now What?"
    My comapany could have found PLENTY for me to do today, its the end of the month, and we are busy.
    Instead my company said, "Enjoy your 3 day weekend!"

NICE!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    Happy Easter to all my Catholic friends out there!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024

Funny how it worked out.
    For the last 3 months, I have been working at a new account.
    I had NO IDEA that the company whose freight I am hauling, had Good Friday off.
    When I found out, I called my company to ask, "Now What?"
    My comapany could have found PLENTY for me to do today, its the end of the month, and we are busy.
    Instead my company said, "Enjoy your 3 day weekend!"

NICE!

That's awesome for you! Since living out here I haven't found too many places that actually shut down for Good Friday. Back home, that is customary. It would be a damn sin if you were open on Good Friday. Here, the complete opposite.

That's awesome for you! Since living out here I haven't found too many places that actually shut down for Good Friday. Back home, that is customary. It would be a damn sin if you were open on Good Friday. Here, the complete opposite.
    My dad went back in to the Hospital Wednesday. Chest pains, shoulder pain, tingling in the arm. We were happy to hear they said he did not have a heart attack. Yesterday they ran a ton of tests, so today I will pick up mom, and head over to the hospital. I have talked to my dad a few times the last couple of days, and he actually sounds pretty good. So, we will see what today brings.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    working but absolutely nothing going on. Window's open 50 degrees and sunny. Good Indeed.

My dad went back in to the Hospital Wednesday. Chest pains, shoulder pain, tingling in the arm. We were happy to hear they said he did not have a heart attack. Yesterday they ran a ton of tests, so today I will pick up mom, and head over to the hospital. I have talked to my dad a few times the last couple of days, and he actually sounds pretty good. So, we will see what today brings.
    So it's a blessing that your client had closed today and you had the day off. I'll keep your family in my prayers today. And that the dr gives you all some kind of news today regarding your Dad.
    So it's a blessing that your client had closed today and you had the day off. I'll keep your family in my prayers today. And that the dr gives you all some kind of news today regarding your Dad.
    Last Saturday dear ole dad tells me he is not going to have that procedure done. The one where they go through the leg, to the heart, with the camera. He tells me he is NOT going to do it.

3 days later he is in the Emergency Room.

Hey dad? You might want to reconsider!

:|
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    decided at 4:45 pm yesterday to ask off for today. so far, so good

hope your dad feels better Speedy
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    decided at 4:45 pm yesterday to ask off for today. so far, so good

hope your dad feels better Speedy
    Thank you.
    Last Saturday dear ole dad tells me he is not going to have that procedure done. The one where they go through the leg, to the heart, with the camera. He tells me he is NOT going to do it.

Holy hell!!! I'd think he'd change his mind after landing up in the ER. Or have the dr make that decision for him in his best interest.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,674

Getting old is not for pussies. Hope your Dad feels better and reconsiders the procedure.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Poncier wrote:
    Getting old is not for pussies.

Indeed.

Hope your dad feels better soon, Speedy.

And here's hoping for a Great Friday!!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Hallelujah.

:P

Unexpected days off are the best ever.

Truly hope your Dad gets the best possible news.
    Nice shirt.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wowooooooo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I thought Good Friday was a mandatory stat holiday, like Christmas. No?? And what about Easter Monday? Don't most people have a 4 day weekend happening?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I thought Good Friday was a mandatory stat holiday, like Christmas. No?? And what about Easter Monday? Don't most people have a 4 day weekend happening?

:lol::lol::lol::|

Depends on where you work. Back when I worked retail, I always had to work Easter. In my entire life, I have never been given Good Friday or Easter Monday off.

I know on the east coast, most folks get MLK day off...the Westies just work thru it.

EDIT: hope I didn't ruin your thread speedy.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Happy good Friday everyone !!!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    RKCNDY wrote:

EDIT: hope I didn't ruin your thread speedy.
    Weirdo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its all Good!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Religion is good for days off!!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Today was my first working good friday.....it sucked! i changed jobs and we no longer have it off :( I am now skulking in my house drinking emergency beers on my own as good Friday is the only day of the year the pubs and off licences close in Ireland so its compulsory for every Irish person to consume copious amounts of beer!
    Needless to say....I am a tad tipsy and now chatting to a potential future husband on a dating site....its amaing how awesome everyone sounds when drunk :)

Speedy - your dad is in my prayers!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Love 3 day weekends,there really should be one a month lol
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
    Today was my first working good friday.....it sucked! i changed jobs and we no longer have it off :( I am now skulking in my house drinking emergency beers on my own as good Friday is the only day of the year the pubs and off licences close in Ireland so its compulsory for every Irish person to consume copious amounts of beer!
    Needless to say....I am a tad tipsy and now chatting to a potential future husband on a dating site....its amaing how awesome everyone sounds when drunk :)

Speedy - your dad is in my prayers!
    Perhaps you should visit the pui thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • whats the pui thread? sounds like no fun!
    Does it involve lentils?
    168dcfb.jpg
    whats the pui thread? sounds like no fun!
    Does it involve lentils?
    Posting under the influence

Lots of fun...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • where is it so?? man the fun threads are sooooooo hidden! is it in some sneaky +18 section of the website!
    168dcfb.jpg