ISO: Missing Link Atlanta 2000 poster

jcarhartjcarhart Posts: 189
edited March 2013 in Lost Dogs
Does anyone know if this poster even exists? This was my first Pearl Jam concert. Any feedback regarding price, availability or liklihood of obtaining one would be appreciated.

Comments

• it was also my first concert, and there's a poster, it's like an astronaut, small poster, i've been looking for it for years...
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2014
    This was my second live show, and simply because this poster was never sold at the show is how I justify not owning this one. Also because these go for crazy amounts whenever I've seen them sold.

Best of luck with your search though.
    Post edited by Porchsitter on
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2014
    Damn....double post.
    Post edited by Porchsitter on
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Good luck, OP. I've been searching for the Pitt Missing Link for a couple years now. There are a handful (literally) of these for all 3 cities in circulation but they are EXTREEEEEEMELY hard to find.
  • marjenmarjen Posts: 807
    Now that's a holy grail print if I have ever seen one. Looks like very few were made and only a handful ever sold on line. That's gonna be a.tought one, good luck!
  • Good luck my friend. I gave up on this one a few years ago.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,908
    10C has a stack of all three '00 Missing Link posters, but they'll never sell them.

It's funny, these posters aren't official and have nothing to do with the actual concerts as they were all released after the fact yet they still fetch huge coin.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • HH140540HH140540 Posts: 545
    Been looking for a while, have cash and lots of stuff to trade but never even seen one available.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    100 Pacer said:
    10C has a stack of all three '00 Missing Link posters, but they'll never sell them. It's funny, these posters aren't official and have nothing to do with the actual concerts as they were all released after the fact yet they still fetch huge coin.
    Why I sold mine.
  • 100 Pacer said:
    10C has a stack of all three '00 Missing Link posters, but they'll never sell them. It's funny, these posters aren't official and have nothing to do with the actual concerts as they were all released after the fact yet they still fetch huge coin.
    Back when I was a regular BRY'er (oh those glorious days), it was widely accepted these were rogue Ames posters--perhaps done to play around with mediums and inks. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Yeah, I really don't buy the unofficial excuse. One member was told via email from 10C a few years back that they have them in the warehouse.  And the Pitt is shown on the tour page.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Well they weren't sold at the show or even a week after the show.  It is a piece of art but has nothing to do with the concert other than stamping the show date on it.  
    And the band name, and the venue, etc.  Just because they were released in 2001 doesn't mean they are unofficial.
  • And the band name, and the venue, etc.  Just because they were released in 2001 doesn't mean they are unofficial.
    Actually, it does. If it wasn't sold during the show to promote attending the event, it's not an officially recognized release. It's the inverse of the Cincinnati 2003 poster. If you remember, that show never happened because of a really intense storm.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,016
    Unreleased and unofficial are not synonyms. 
    And the band name, and the venue, etc.  Just because they were released in 2001 doesn't mean they are unofficial.
    Actually, it does. If it wasn't sold during the show to promote attending the event, it's not an officially recognized release. It's the inverse of the Cincinnati 2003 poster. If you remember, that show never happened because of a really intense storm.
    Being sold at the show has nothing to do with it.  Not having PJ's greenlit stamp of approval makes them unofficial.  That is to say the artists made them without Pearl Jam's permission (and furthermore attempted to profit from PJ's namesake).  And I, for one, don't buy that they weren't sanctioned by PJ LLC when one of them is advertised on the tour page and another member was told they have them in the warehouse.
    It's just my take on it based on the little knowledge I have (or anyone else has).  I could very well be wrong and they could very well be unofficial.  They could very well be official and just never intended for public release.  No one really knows for sure what the deal is.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,908
    I think it's safe to say the band asked Ames to stop selling these when it was understood these would command serious coin on the secondary market and when it was understood only those on Ames' mailing list had a chance at these. They weren't commissioned for the show, that much is certain. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • sdavissdavis Posts: 960
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    edited May 2017
    So why isn't the Cincinnati 2003 poster considered a "missing link" and fetch more $$$
    its opposite as the poster happened, but not the show.  So should it be called the "link missing"
    That would have been my first show, as I paid scalper prices On eBay for 3rd row seats, but it got cancelled and I only got half of my money back because the asshole wouldn't refund the whole amount.  At least I've got the poster :rock_on:
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PP193448 said:
    So why isn't the Cincinnati 2003 poster considered a "missing link" and fetch more $$$
    its opposite as the poster happened, but not the show.  So should it be called the "link missing"
    That would have been my first show, as I paid scalper prices On eBay for 3rd row seats, but it got cancelled and I only got half of my money back because the asshole wouldn't refund the whole amount.  At least I've got the poster :rock_on:
    We can call it a missing link! 

• PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    sdavis said:

Do you have these as a rider on your home owners insurance policy??  :open_mouth:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • jcarhartjcarhart Posts: 189

sdavis - I really need to hear the story behind how you got the ATL. Then of course is it for sale? It looks signed and numbered??

Story is somewhat simple. Saw it pop up on eBay and pulled the trigger on a buy it now. It hadn't been on there long. Not really looking to sell. I've thought about it recently and have discussed it with other members but just not sure it's time. It is signed. 125 of 125.

Ive never seen this poster listed anywhere else.
  • sdavis said:
    Story is somewhat simple. Saw it pop up on eBay and pulled the trigger on a buy it now. It hadn't been on there long. Not really looking to sell. I've thought about it recently and have discussed it with other members but just not sure it's time. It is signed. 125 of 125.

Ive never seen this poster listed anywhere else.
    How were you able to verify authenticity?
    www.cluthelee.com