Options

@ Everyone who was at the Astoria

ellie_vedderellie_vedder Posts: 202
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Where did you stay? I remember a lot of people staying in one place but i can't remember it's name... I'm going to a gig there soon and am looking for some where to crash after...
Also, what websites did you book this hotel from? I remember a lot of you getting in for really cheap.
Reply ASAP!!!
*Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The place you're looking for is the Farringdon travelodge. Didn't stay there myself as I live about an hour from there but cheap and cheerful hospitality!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    yep.... farringdon it was.

thats where i stayed :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    What website did you book it over to get it so cheap? I just looked at it and it's asking for like £70....
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    what gig you gonna see?
  • Options
    Porcupine Tree, 29th September, will probs be my last ever gig at the Astoria since they're getting rid of it. Gotta see the place where i saw PJ one last time!!! <3
  • Options
    yep it was the farringdon travelodge on its own website. It was a special offer at the time though :o

Location wise it was a bit crap... there's NOTHING there! BUT it was cheap and all that. I had three single beds in my room... for me, lol. So if you could get someone to share it would work out pretty cheap.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I stopped at the Albion House Hotel, it was within walking distance and less than £50 a night including breakfast
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    You are better off checking with Travelodge's Super Save deals, some of their hotels just outside central london are there for £15 - £26 a night, thats if you are happy to travel in and out on the tube.

I was in London recentley and got one at the London Park Royal fro £26 just over the road from Park Royal tube station and about 30mins journey to the centre.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/ then click saver or supersaver option, there are afew around london.

Alternatively, I stayed at the St Giles Hotel a 2 min walk from the Astoria, but that was £60 - £70 though.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    Yeah i already checked the Farringdon's saver nights, but sadly they don't have any for that night!! I found a couple of places for about £15 which look a bit shitty, but hey. It's not me alone, I will be with 2 guys, so atleast i'll be protected i guess.
    If any one knows anywhere cheap though, all suggestions are still welcome as we haven't settled yet.
  • Options
    I normally use http://www.londonnights.com to find hotels in London. Usually better to book well in advance though.

Also, give http://www.octopustravel.com a go. Same with them though, earlier you book the cheaper it is.
    Astoria - April 20th 2006
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Reading - August 27th 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007