Laser pointer vs. cat

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody else feel bad that laser pointer always wins?

I mean, laser pointer is just an extension of me. so it is just me winning all of the time (which rocks) but I really feel bad for the cat at times.. I wish she could just "get it".. just once.. I wish there were a way.. :(
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    They won't always be against each other. In the future there will be a war, and because of all the radiation cats will develop the ability to shoot lasers out of their mouths. Some will use the cats for good, others for evil.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    The cat could chew your hand off and gain control of the laser pointer. And while you lay there bleeding out the cat could stand next to you with the pointer in its mouth pointing out your missing hand. Cat wins.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    :lol: You guys don't know the size of our cat! She is determined, but she is tiny!

But she might eat the laser pointer and then shoot laser beams from her sweet little tushy :think:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    If it makes the cats feel any better, dogs don't fare very well against them either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVuBPaJsNQc
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    You people are hilarious!!
    :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol: You guys don't know the size of our cat! She is determined, but she is tiny!

But she might eat the laser pointer and then shoot laser beams from her sweet little tushy :think:

i want video
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My cat falls for it for a few runs...then looks at me, stares right at the laser pointer, then back at me and gives me the :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    My cat falls for it for a few runs...then looks at me, stares right at the laser pointer, then back at me and gives me the :|
    My heart wants to say "your cat is stupid" . but we all know the truth..
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Caveeze wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    :think:
    My cat may just be slightly stupid.. I like to call it bored and playful.. but who are we kidding.. you just dont follow the little red dot every night if you are on the ball...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Now i want to take a video of this, even a pic of him looking at me like that...where is the laser pointer...(i do think he's a little *special*)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Caveeze wrote:
    Anybody else feel bad that laser pointer always wins?

I mean, laser pointer is just an extension of me. so it is just me winning all of the time (which rocks) but I really feel bad for the cat at times.. I wish she could just "get it".. just once.. I wish there were a way.. :(

My cat looks at me in the eyes. He thinks I'm stupid. I guess it doesn't help that he's seen a few lazer shows.
    Some cats can see it and like them. I have a cat that doesn't really care.

(He has really bad eyesight and they haven't invented cat glasses yet.)
    STAYSEA wrote:

they have.. your cat just cant see them..
    STAYSEA wrote:
    My cat looks at me in the eyes. He thinks I'm stupid. I guess it doesn't help that he's seen a few lazer shows.
    Some cats can see it and like them. I have a cat that doesn't really care.

Mr. Pickles didn't really care for the laser pointer either. But then again, he was really sick, the poor fluffball. He was just not strong enough to chase it. Sam on the other hand enjoys being chased around and she really doesn't seem to mind not catching the thing. It's Cav who feels sorry for her. I think she is fine... I just think it's amazing that they fall for it all the time :lol:
    Caveeze wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

they have.. your cat just cant see them..

He is divorced from his DAD. His dad sold lazers for money. My cat has just seen too many.

Photophobia (from Greek φῶς — phōs, "light"[1] and φόβος — phobos, "fear"[2]) /ˌfəʊtəʊˈfəʊbiə/ is a symptom of abnormal intolerance to visual perception of light.[3] As a medical symptom, photophobia is not a morbid fear or phobia, but an experience of discomfort or pain to the eyes due to light exposure or by presence of actual physical photosensitivity of the eyes,[4] though the term is sometimes additionally applied to abnormal or irrational fear of light such as heliophobia.[5]

"photophobia as a result of several different medical conditions, related to the eye or the nervous system. In some cases those who are born with it see the full spectrum of light. While in the direct sun light it causes red glare around the visual field which causes pounding headaches. Photophobia can be caused by an increased response to light starting at any step in the visual system, such as:

Too much light entering the eye. Too much light can enter the eye if it is damaged, such as with corneal abrasion and retinal damage, or if its pupil(s) is unable to normally constrict (seen with damage to the oculomotor nerve).
    Over stimulation of the photoreceptors in the retina
    Excessive electric impulses to the optic nerve
    Excessive response in the central nervous system"

He hates the lazer. I can't drive with out strong sun glasses, I am surviving :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    When i first got a laser pointer for my cats, Kali went ape shit over it. I went to my bedroom and shown the laser on the wall by my bed and she jumped off the bed and fell :lol: I wish I got that on tape, tried to do it again but she didn't fall for it. Willow goes after it too, but Kali really goes after it. If you are going to get a laser pointer for your cat or dog i recommend this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlA90dIJzdkLkkfMZOzOLYc-T-accYQi0kXyEkQ7sNBts12aEf

Don't get the cheap these
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSe83mHIq-sYYRPb295VbFSGu24WSsOm2gkY3dpMJW5mN3XNdhKA
    they fall apart and thebatteries always die
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Don't get the cheap these
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSe83mHIq-sYYRPb295VbFSGu24WSsOm2gkY3dpMJW5mN3XNdhKA
    they fall apart and thebatteries always die

Ours looks just like this and yes, the batteries die all the time! Thanks for the tip! Kali sounds like an awesome cat :D
    I want to try this, but i need a hardwood floor :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFztjgfDWDA
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    You can not use an LED flashlight instead of an LED lazer. You can find them Cheap some places.
    I want to try this, but i need a hardwood floor :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFztjgfDWDA

:lol::lol::lol:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Love this thread!

We use one of those compact level tools with a built-in laser.

The best is getting them focused and going and then whooshing the laser up on the front door so they do these impressively silly curvy jumps.

Sometimes I too get the :-| face from them afterward :mrgreen:

We also have these little stained-glass candleholders that when held up to the sun just so, casts colorful diamond images on the carpet and walls.

That, they go NUTS for.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    The cat is just playing with you, not the other way around. Feels sorry for you and thinks that if she chases the little laser you point all over the place it will make you happy. She can just take it or leave it... She thinks YOU need the distraction.
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Sorry not a cat but our Jack Russell loves a laser pointer too. She will run non stop for one so we bought her the Bada Beam.

http://www.ruralking.com/cat-toy-ba-da- ... 1789487666

That dog figured out where the light was coming from and can now open and close it to start and stop it.
    Fun toy.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA