Rich, dark chocolate

Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been living here now for almost six months and started watching tv again. I noticed that I kind of enjoy watching commercials. Before we moved, my favourite was a commercial for a diabetes blood sugar measurement thing. There was an older woman in there and several times throughout the commercial, she would raise her finger. She had a long finger, and it waved towards you. It was fixating looking at it :lol: We don't have that channel anymore and I miss her ...

But I digress. What I want to talk about is the choice of words. Especially for candy stuff. Did you ever notice that the phrase "rich, dark chocolate" is used in almost all the commercials for chocolatey stuff? Couldn't they be more inventive? I think right now, there are at least 4 commercials floating around where they mention the "rich, dark chocolate".
I thought that is funny. Advertising people, what a un-innovative bunch :fp:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Poor, light chocolate just sounds nasty.. :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    Aren't you from the land of Chocolate? :lol:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/33844

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOvL5U-Unn3kdYVurES__BFQdcTfl1Mn_XssLF49smTyaq3hlXGQ
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Aren't you from the land of Chocolate? :lol:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/33844

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOvL5U-Unn3kdYVurES__BFQdcTfl1Mn_XssLF49smTyaq3hlXGQ

Seems like I'm in it! Rich, dark chocolate ...
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I've been living here now for almost six months and started watching tv again. I noticed that I kind of enjoy watching commercials. Before we moved, my favourite was a commercial for a diabetes blood sugar measurement thing. There was an older woman in there and several times throughout the commercial, she would raise her finger. She had a long finger, and it waved towards you. It was fixating looking at it :lol: We don't have that channel anymore and I miss her ...

you're funny!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Is it layered with smooth, creamy caramel?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    is this a commercial for car insurance?

seems like every other commercial these days is for car insurance and normally its a random bunch of crap and then at the end they say geico or progressive or something
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

seems like every other commercial these days is for car insurance and normally its a random bunch of crap and then at the end they say geico or progressive or something

Are you in good hands?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Are you in good hands?

at the moment, just the left one
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Are you in good hands?

at the moment, just the left one

It only took till 8:15 to get into the gutter today...
    Is it layered with smooth, creamy caramel?

That's another one that comes up quite often!
    No Rick, it's not a car insurance commercial, but I have to admit I quite enjoy these ... At least some of them :)

Oh, and I found the commercial with the finger! Watch it, you'll be glad you did :lol:
    http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7VaJ/diabetes-care-club-talking-meter-finger-stab
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Caveeze wrote:
    Poor, light chocolate just sounds nasty.. :D

:lol:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    3 musketeers is not nuget
    LloydXmas wrote:
    3 musketeers is not nuget

Nope. It's Milky way! At least in Germany :lol: Fluffy stuff ...

I think I've never seen a 3 Musketeers commcerial. Do they say "rich, dark chocolate" there?
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Im in the mood for a rich, dark nap
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Dove dark little red foil candies lovely invention
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Little

Yellow

Different
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I wish I could get rid of this rich, dark headache
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,197
    I just saw a dark rich chocolate honey in the hallway uhmm uhmmm nice :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My chocolate must be at least 68% cacao...80% is preferred.

oh, and none of that cheap, oily, gritty mass produced shit. Must be REAL chocolate.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh, and none of that cheap, oily, gritty mass produced shit. Must be REAL chocolate.

:roll:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I like 37-45%. Too dark is so bitter.
    I prefer the rich, dark chocolate balls with the smooth, creamy filling ...

lindor_dark_200g.jpg
    tumblr_lo203vtxgk1qdawvwo1_500.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:

I like 37-45%. Too dark is so bitter.
    I prefer the rich, dark chocolate balls with the smooth, creamy filling ...

lindor_dark_200g.jpg
    tumblr_lo203vtxgk1qdawvwo1_500.jpg

Oooh I do like Lindt!

This is what I prefer:
    logo1-e1297727492297.jpg?w=500

You should be able to find the bars, but the actual truffles you will have to order online.
    Some companies just can't get their chocolate 'right'. I don't like Ghirardelli 75%, but the Moonstruck 68% is wonderful, not bitter at all. There is a chocolate place near me, and all they sell is chocolate. They import the beans, grind them in-house and make solid bars. The lady gave me samples of all the different chocolates. That's how I figured out I like 80%. (The store smells beyond amazing...*drool*)

I'm willing to send you some if you like! She even sells broken bars for baking. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Oooh I do like Lindt!

This is what I prefer:
    logo1-e1297727492297.jpg?w=500

You should be able to find the bars, but the actual truffles you will have to order online.
    Some companies just can't get their chocolate 'right'. I don't like Ghirardelli 75%, but the Moonstruck 68% is wonderful, not bitter at all. There is a chocolate place near me, and all they sell is chocolate. They import the beans, grind them in-house and make solid bars. The lady gave me samples of all the different chocolates. That's how I figured out I like 80%. (The store smells beyond amazing...*drool*)

I'm willing to send you some if you like! She even sells broken bars for baking. :D

Wow, that sounds amazing! Let's work something out, I'd even be interested in the broken bars! Man, we have to come to Seattle!

Wow, that sounds amazing! Let's work something out, I'd even be interested in the broken bars! Man, we have to come to Seattle!

Oh yeah! Just let me know!

I know you and Cav would love it out here, make sure you plan for an extra day to go to Leavenworth, really cute Bavarian town. http://www.leavenworth.org/modules/page ... p?pageid=1
    (about 2½ hours East of Seattle).

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Oh yeah! Just let me know!

I know you and Cav would love it out here, make sure you plan for an extra day to go to Leavenworth, really cute Bavarian town. http://www.leavenworth.org/modules/page ... p?pageid=1
    (about 2½ hours East of Seattle).

We'll talk about that, but we didn't even check out Frankenmouth, a "German village" in Michigan, yet ... A pilgrimage to Seattle is definitely in our future.