Options

With regards to transfers...

ellie_vedderellie_vedder Posts: 202
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Sorry i know people have told me how to do this, but i am unclear on what to do exactly.
So i email 10c and say i want to transfer my tickets to a person (And give their member number)
Then do 10c refund my money and that person pay 10c?
Or does the person pay me?
Sorry to have to ask but i obviously need to be clear!
Thanks!
*Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Person pays you. 10C will just change name on their list.
  • Options
    Ok cool thank you.
  • Options
    Sorry another question-
    if i go up to London and pick up the tickets in my name - am i then able to pass them on to someone else? Or do i have to go through 10c and do a proper transfer?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Sorry another question-
    if i go up to London and pick up the tickets in my name - am i then able to pass them on to someone else? Or do i have to go through 10c and do a proper transfer?

yes, this would be fine...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I'd rather not go up to London. I'll probably cry. hahah.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I'd rather not go up to London. I'll probably cry. hahah.
    I don't get the problem... just transfer the tickets... no need to go to London to collect them and get teh money. The way you're going on it's going to be too late for anyone to want them and you're going to lose your money anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I don't get the problem...

me neither :confused:

Helen, correct me if i'm wrong but didnt you come all the way to LOndon Astoria gig on your own? alll the way from DUBLIN!!!!!

Ellie, you should just go on your own and sell your spare... why miss out on this gig!!?!?!? seems weird to be a paid member of a fanclub and then not go to your own homeland show... whats the point!

you're making this process fantastically difficult for yourself.

1. offer the tickets up to a 10club member
    2. get them to bank transfer/paypal you the money
    3. inform 10club of the transfer (persons name and member no.)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Meh already sold them.
    Seen them before. I'll catch them next time. No big deal.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    me neither :confused:

Helen, correct me if i'm wrong but didnt you come all the way to LOndon Astoria gig on your own? alll the way from DUBLIN!!!!!
    Yep, and it was one of the best days of my life... and I made loadsa new friends out of it :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Meh already sold them.
    I think that answers any questions we may have had dunk :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Meh already sold them.
    :eek: Spoken like a true fan...
  • Options
    I think that answers any questions we may have had dunk :o

yep... i hope next time they come she's on holiday or working behind a till
  • Options
    Meh already sold them.
    What a fan! :eek:
  • Options
    Is there any need for all this nastiness? No, thought not.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    Ahaha wow why do you all think it's the end of the world just because i chose not to go alone? If anything, you're just proving my point as to why i don't want to go alone when all you can do is be nasty about it. Why would i want to hang out with people who are behaving like you are? I don't see why you can't respect my decision not to attend.

And like i said, they will be coming back, and i won't be working behind a till because i don't happen to work in a shop. I'm actually a student teacher.

Just because i chose not to go to one gig, it doesn't mean i'm not a 'true' fan.
    True fans aren't made by the amount of time and money spent on gigs.
  • Options
    It's not your decision Ellie... it's the way you acted... acting all desperate about not being able to go.. asking everyone for help (and getting it), then going 'meh'.. can't be bothered.... what the hell.... So we're thinking all this angst and desperation was a bit of an act and attention seeking?

Anyway.. you're not coming... no worries... someone else who is probably desperate will be enjoying the show with your tickets.

No real need to continue any discussion about this.

BTW see the world.. bath as well... boyfriend?
  • Options
    Why would i need to attention seek on a board I never post on anyway?
    And yes i am actually gutted i'm not going. I feel like crying about it, and just because i'm not like the rest of you and comfortable with going on my own - it doesn't make me a bad person. Plus since i was planning to stay at my friends brothers house, i had no where to stay and couldn't find any hotels within my budget because being a student i don't have much money. So my friend left me in the lurch and i'm really angry about it, but my tickets have gone to someone who really wants them and who will have a brilliant time. And i'm looking at it as 'yes i've seen them before, and i will see them again so it's fine' in an optomistic way. I don't see why you lot are getting so catty about it.
    And i wasn't 'asking for help' for how to go. All i did was write that i probably wasn't attending because my friend said she wasn't going, and then i got messages saying "What the fuck are you doing? You HAVE to go, if you don't you'll DIE and the world will IMPLODE' and things like that.
    What's the point?
    I'm not going, i just wanted to know how to do a transfer. Stop making such a fuss about it. End of subject.
  • Options
    Is there any need for all this nastiness? No, thought not.
    redrock said it all... not trying to be nasty ellie, but you were kinda suggesting you'd let the tickets go to waste rather than suffer the MINIMAL risk of losing money on a transfer. Anyway it's all sorted now so that's fine. Yes it sucks that your friend dropped out... but we ARE a big group of people who all look out for eachother. I'm just saying I wouldn't have given up so soon... anyway see ya next year.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock said it all... not trying to be nasty ellie, but you were kinda suggesting you'd let the tickets go to waste rather than suffer the MINIMAL risk of losing money on a transfer. Anyway it's all sorted now so that's fine. Yes it sucks that your friend dropped out... but we ARE a big group of people who all look out for eachother. I'm just saying I wouldn't have given up so soon... anyway see ya next year.
    Yeah but i did try every avenue available to me. I phoned every single person i could think of who liked Pearl Jam and asked them and i even asked my boyfriend who hates them, and i just couldn't see a way around it.... And i'm sorry guys but i'm not confident in going it alone and i know i may have met some of you before, but i haven't posted here enough in the last year to really be a part of that group. And i wouldn't ever have let the tickets go to waste. If i hadn't managed to sell them on, i would have definately come up to London in the day and sold them on to a fan there rather than letting them go to a tout. Believe me, i know how precious Pearl Jam tickets are and i wouldn't just throw them away.
    I just don't see why you all have to be quite so catty about it. I know you're all nice people and i know how passionately you all feel about the band, and believe me i do too but this time it's just not to be for me.
  • Options
    Why would i need to attention seek on a board I never post on anyway?
    And yes i am actually gutted i'm not going. I feel like crying about it, and just because i'm not like the rest of you and comfortable with going on my own - it doesn't make me a bad person. Plus since i was planning to stay at my friends brothers house, i had no where to stay and couldn't find any hotels within my budget because being a student i don't have much money. So my friend left me in the lurch and i'm really angry about it, but my tickets have gone to someone who really wants them and who will have a brilliant time. And i'm looking at it as 'yes i've seen them before, and i will see them again so it's fine' in an optomistic way. I don't see why you lot are getting so catty about it.
    And i wasn't 'asking for help' for how to go. All i did was write that i probably wasn't attending because my friend said she wasn't going, and then i got messages saying "What the fuck are you doing? You HAVE to go, if you don't you'll DIE and the world will IMPLODE' and things like that.
    What's the point?
    I'm not going, i just wanted to know how to do a transfer. Stop making such a fuss about it. End of subject.

Need to chill... sorry about your problems, but you did ask a LOT of questions and a number of members on this board patiently helped you with your queries... No one is getting catty. But also, I don't recall seeing anything saying you will die or the world will implode if you don't go!
    All I can say, is that I am happy your tickets went to someone who was looking for some and who will have a great time at the show....

As you say... until they come back to London....

Relax and have a good day.
  • Options
    The messages saying that sort of stuff were private messages.

Yes i am very grateful that people helped me with my questions but I'm sorry but it pissed me off that people were making comments about how i wasn't a true fan just because i chose not to attend one show. It's like omg I didn't go to Dublin either. OMG i've only seen Pearl Jam once. Arrrgh i'm the worst fan ever! (Incase you can't tell, i'm being sarcastic)
    I don't get what the fuss is really. This subject really needs to be dropped. The guy my tickets have gone to is going to have an awesome time just like all of you will and that's the most important thing.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    BTW see the world.. bath as well... boyfriend?

No.

We Bathonians do need to stick together though ;-)
  • Options
    No.

oooOOOoo there's another lovely Bathonian (is that for real?) on the board....VV.. she's lovely.... :) Getting to be a whole contingent of them!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    No.

Ah...friend who stood her up...feelin guilty ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ah...friend who stood her up...feelin guilty ;)
    HAHA!!! Didn't think of that one! You clever boy...... But do you really think said friend would post?
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:
    HAHA!!! Didn't think of that one! You clever boy...... But do you really think said friend would post?

I don't know....don't try a pull me into your sordid web of infighting :D

Share the PJ love ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    The messages saying that sort of stuff were private messages.

if you're referring to the one i sent you I never said "you would die and the world would implode".. i said it would 'explode'... :D actually no i didnt say anything like that..

i'll post the pM I sent if you want.. for others to see... the only reason i sent a PM was to draw your attention to what you were doing as it seemed a strange way to deal with it...

someone else got your tickets I see and thats a good thing...
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I don't know....don't try a pull me into your sordid web of infighting :D
    You're a devil..... :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    oooOOOoo there's another lovely Bathonian (is that for real?) on the board....VV.. she's lovely.... :) Getting to be a whole contingent of them!

We are an intelligent breed... intelligent enough to recognise the best band in the world when we hear them :-)
  • Options
    Actually that's not the friend that stood me up, that's the guy that bought my tickets.
    You guys love your conspiracy theories a bit too much.