Options

Wembely Arena - Best Seats?

Army & NavyArmy & Navy Posts: 120
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
For people with experience of this Arena. Which are the better seats?

Block S3 - Row N

or

Block N5 - Row W

S3 is closer to the stage but I am thinking it might have a restrictive view...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    http://www.theatremonkey.com/WEMBLEYARENAendstage.htm

have a look at this site and all the various comments.. might help you.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hee hee red was going to post the same thing :D

here is the comments section http://www.theatremonkey.com/WEMBLEYARENAbooking.htm#Seats%20to%20buy%20or%20Avoid%20in%20this%20Venue
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    man, that is one negative site, but fair!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ignore me.. i get it now
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Best seat is on in the front row in front of the stage with all of us nuts :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    That would be with no seat then,and in fact standing , probably somewhere quite near me.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eclectic wrote:
    That would be with no seat then,and in fact standing , probably somewhere quite near me.

Al has no legs man... show some sensitivity!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    eclectic wrote:

Bastard :mad:

;) just kiddin
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    For people with experience of this Arena. Which are the better seats?

Block S3 - Row N

or

Block N5 - Row W

S3 is closer to the stage but I am thinking it might have a restrictive view...

i dunno but unless it said Block A1 - Row A seat 1 id be pissed off - a few years ago i saw beck and got row Z block XY and it was like watching from Cornwall - beck was a wee midget person!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    S3 is more side on than N5 and they're both in the upper tier so I would say a less side on view is better. I'm in N5 so it better be good.
  • Options
    All seats are good seats when Pearl Jam are in the room, surely!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    All seats are good seats when Pearl Jam are in the room, surely!

I wouldn't want to be at Arthur's Seat if PJ were at Wembley :D

http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/scotgaz/features/featurefirst249.html
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to be at Arthur's Seat if PJ were at Wembley :D

http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/scotgaz/features/featurefirst249.html
    That'd be a pain in the ass. Both physically and economically.
  • Options
    I'm in block D1. Does anyone know if these seats are raised at all? I'm pretty short, so I'm hoping they are.
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08
  • Options
    cfield05 wrote:
    I'm in block D1. Does anyone know if these seats are raised at all? I'm pretty short, so I'm hoping they are.
    Yeah they are. Not fully, but your view shan't be obstructed in any dangerous way.
  • Options
    http://www.theatremonkey.com/WEMBLEYARENAbooking.htm

Scroll down to Central Arena Seats and you will read:

Behind section C comes section D, the only section on the floor area to have seats "stepped" in a shallow tier arrangement. D2 or D4, from about 3 rows back may provide a little more view, but again remember that shorter people could have up to 84 rows of people standing up in front of them between themselves and the stage.

Reader John gives more detail, based on his visit to Kylie Minogue's concert in January 2007:
    "As well as Block D being on a rake, Block C is stepped too. C and D merge into one another with only the row numbers going from 17 to 1 to signify this. Each step in height is shallow and has 2, yes 2, rows on it. Hence if you're in the 2nd row and short too you're really up against it. The front rows on each step are odd numbers in Block C and even numbers in Block D. If you're in C/D blocks then I'd recommend you choose these rows every time, as at least the step gives an advantage over the row in front.

The sound desk is at ground level so C3 and D3 can see over it as they're raised above, but the step/height problem will remain regardless."