Cable TV: Comcast vs AT&T U-verse

PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I am finally fed up with Comcast and am thinking of switching cable companies. Does anyone have AT&T U-Verse? How is the service? Is it worth my time to switch?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I had uverse and had nothing but problems. Internet would cut out in the morning for no reason. I've heard other people say they love it. I guess it depends on how far away ykur house is from their box.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I had uverse and had nothing but problems. Internet would cut out in the morning for no reason. I've heard other people say they love it. I guess it depends on how far away ykur house is from their box.

Yep. I have Uverse for phone/internet/TV right now and it will cut out at random times. Not for long, at most a minute or two, but if you're in the middle of a phone call and you get cut off or if it's a key moment in a sporting event and the picture freezes or if you're trying to do some work at home and the VPN connection drops, it's really fucking annoying.

I used to have DirecTV with Comcast for internet access and Vonage for phone. I think I'm switching us back to that setup because I have no interest in Comcast for my TV provider.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    edited March 2013
    Our Comcast service has been awful the last few weeks - channels freeze or aren't available, the DVD won't record programs or rewind live TV.

We have called at least 4 times and after the first few people tried to fix it by telling us to turn the cable on and off and unplug the box, the latest tech tells us to bring the box in for a new one. Today, I unhook the cable box, drive 25 minutes to exchange it and wait in line for 20 minutes only to be told that they are out of replacement boxes.

Al of this and they raised our rates twice this year.

I am ready to be done with Comcast.
    Post edited by PJ-Cubs on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fuck comcast.

if you have a 4g phone with unlimited data......you could dump all internet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JTH wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Yep. I have Uverse for phone/internet/TV right now and it will cut out at random times. Not for long, at most a minute or two, but if you're in the middle of a phone call and you get cut off or if it's a key moment in a sporting event and the picture freezes or if you're trying to do some work at home and the VPN connection drops, it's really fucking annoying.

I used to have DirecTV with Comcast for internet access and Vonage for phone. I think I'm switching us back to that setup because I have no interest in Comcast for my TV provider.
    It was almost every morning when I would try and log into work. . The fucking tech guy has the balls to tell me that it was bandwith /wave issue from people in the neighborhood turning their TVs and microwaves/coffee machines on in the morning. I should have told him to get the fuck out of my house.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,768
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Our Comcast service has been awful the last few weeks - channels freeze or aren't available, the DVD won't record programs or rewind live TV.

We have called at least 4 times and after the first few people tried to fix it by telling us to turn the cable on and off and unplug the box, the latest tech tells us to bring the box in for a new one. Today, I unhook the cable box, drive 25 minutes to exchange it and wait in line for 20 minutes only to be told that they are out of replacement boxes.

Al of this and they raised our rates twice this year.

I am ready to be done with Comcast.

I had the same problems too.(Channels freezing constantly). Comcast would send a Tech out and fix the problem, but it would happen AGAIN not long after.

When i was getting the run-arounds with Comcast customer service i had enough and went with Directv. I've been really happy with the QUALITY of Directv. I've never had that freezing problem and the picture is excellent. Directv is not cheap(if you get the extra packages like i do), but for me it's worth it. I've been with Directv now for a few years now and i don't see me going back to Comcast any time soon.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I live in the center of Connecticut and have Comcast. Was just thinking of switching to UVerse because my father said he gets MSG and MSG2 in HD. I am stuck with standard def MSG once in awhile if I'm lucky. WTF I get 3 channels of Bruins games but no Rangers with Comcast. I do love Comcast internet speeds.. maybe its not worth the switch if there will be even more problems...
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    I live in the center of Connecticut and have Comcast. Was just thinking of switching to UVerse because my father said he gets MSG and MSG2 in HD. I am stuck with standard def MSG once in awhile if I'm lucky. WTF I get 3 channels of Bruins games but no Rangers with Comcast. I do love Comcast internet speeds.. maybe its not worth the switch if there will be even more problems...
    Central Ct!!!!
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Oh, another aspect of Uverse suckage: no NHL network.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    JTH wrote:
    Oh, another aspect of Uverse suckage: no NHL network.

This is true, but the U-Verse service is worth it. U-Verse has the best connection, best DVR capability, and best customer service. If I could afford cable i would sign up for U-Verse in a second.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I've have Uverse since moving to Miami and am VERY happy. Couldn't be better a customer service.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    how often are you calling customer service that's making it so great. I don't have to call Comcast ever.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Adding services and changing things around. Never had a lost signal.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Adding services and changing things around. Never had a lost signal.
    Interesting. I had the total opposite from ATT. I guess it depends on where you live. Some guys came to my house asking if I was interested since they were upgrading their lines. I just shut the door.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Just got off the phone yelling at Comcast. Worst. Company. Ever.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yeah we are long time customers of Comcast, not always satisfied.
    They tried to almost triple our bill last fall :wtf: we got it back down to a very modest increase.
    We change around the furniture a lot though ... family room moves soon to the summer location
    by the windows so the idea of no cords like the commercials speak of is very attractive.
    Maybe someday maybe at the new house.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    it's 2013 and there's still.no.cable here
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    I haven't had Comcast since I lived in Georgia and that was way back in 1999-2001 and they sucked then. Sad that they haven't changed a damn thing.
    My butt itches!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Just got off the phone yelling at Comcast. Worst. Company. Ever.

you ever look up who heads up customer service. i think it runs in the family :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg