Satelite radio...........And Stations.....

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,825
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ordered a siriusxm radio today. Suppossed to arrive on tuesday. Sucks driving in the night trying to find a station worth anything. Plus I like some talk radio.

So, with my tax return , I bought myself a little gift.
SHE is getting a Kindle Fire HD from me with some accessories. In part so she can do her continuing ed credits for nursing.
I will likely take over her Kindle w/ keyboard and WIFI/3G service.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I have it in my car. Great service. That, and PJ Radio is fantastic!

I travel a lot for work and get pissed when my rental car doesn't have it!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It's great. I've had Sirius since 2003.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,825
    Been thinking about it for a long long time. Extra cash says go for it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Siriusxm's customer service is horrible. I would have cancelled if not for pj radio and lithium. The stern shoe isn't really good anymore.
    Siriusxm's customer service is horrible. I would have cancelled if not for pj radio and lithium. The stern shoe isn't really good anymore.
    not a fan of stern anyway. kinda pompous in my opinion. juvenile.
    As a truck driver if I can get some consistant news and find some music stations to like then I think I'm set

• shepshep Posts: 5,762
    i've had sirius since i bought my last car... i got 6 free months with the car purchase, and they hooked me... couldn't give it up.

i spend most of my time listening to stern, pj radio, lithium, octane, easy street...

piece of advice: don't pay month to month. it's way more expensive. they want like 25 per month plus taxes and fees... pay for it year in advance. when you renewal is up, call in and tell them you're going to cancel... they put you through to the cancellation department where they will offer you a year renewal at 1/2 the cost...

i've done that with every renewal since i bought the car... 8-)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    i've had sirius since i bought my last car... i got 6 free months with the car purchase, and they hooked me... couldn't give it up.

i spend most of my time listening to stern, pj radio, lithium, octane, easy street...

piece of advice: don't pay month to month. it's way more expensive. they want like 25 per month plus taxes and fees... pay for it year in advance. when you renewal is up, call in and tell them you're going to cancel... they put you through to the cancellation department where they will offer you a year renewal at 1/2 the cost...

package I was looking at is 17ish? but still, thanks for the renewal tip!!

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    shep wrote:

Yeah, that's how they hooked me. 6 free months, I then cancelled the service. I quickly realized how much I missed it and got it back on some sort of "we want you back" deal. I think I'm paying $13 or so.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    My old man bought a Sirius Radio for the same reason; he grew tired of trying to find a decent listen while driving truck through desolate areas of Nevada. Worth every penny he says.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,768
    I don't think i could ever go back to regular radio. I got XM in 2002 & Sirius in 2005. Sirius was offering a LIFE-TIME deal in 2005 and i jumped right on it. It paid for itself in about 4 1/2 years if i remember, and i get it for FREE now.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Love my sirius....great investment. Your gonna LOVE IT!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • it came with a car I bought in 2011. free for 3 months, then they gave us an extra 6 months for $5 a month. when the rate went up, I called to cancel. They will do just about anything to keep customers. so they offered me half price for 6 months. Said no to that as well and they offered it for $5/month for a year. While I like it, i find I only listen to a handful of stations, usually PJ Radio or the fantasy sports channel
  • shepshep Posts: 5,762
    mca47 wrote:
    shep wrote:

Yeah, that's how they hooked me. 6 free months, I then cancelled the service. I quickly realized how much I missed it and got it back on some sort of "we want you back" deal. I think I'm paying $13 or so.

my last renewal cost me $108 for the year - so about $9 a month.... which is think is decent for the amount i listen to it...

I find i only listen to a few select channels - i think i've got 8 programmed in my radio... except during football season. i really enjoy the fact that they have play-by-play for every game.... it's great cause i usually wind up having to do something on sunday afternoon and i've got a better selection of games to listen to in the car than i have to watch in the house... :lol: ... takes away a little bit of the sting of having to get my fatass up off the couch during football season...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Ok, lemme get some feedback on stations you like?

For the general music stations, what are they playing etc.
    Think this will help me select a good package.

Will likely go premium anyway but..................

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Pj radio, lithium, octane, boneyard, classic vinyl, raw dog comedy and NFL channel are my faves.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I have SiriusXM in my truck and at home. It's great at home cause I have it on my reciever which feeds my 700w surround sound in the living room. Great on nights and weekends when I'm cooking or chilling, also have outside speakers for my backyard so if I'm having a party I can just pick a station and not worry about commercials or annoying DJ's.

My fave channels:

Music:
    PJ radio, E Street radio, 60's on 6, 70's on 7, Lithium, Backspin, Classic Vinyl, Bridge, Octane,

Entertainment:
    Howard 100, Opie and Anthony, Raw Dog, NFL
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    80s on 8
    Classic Rewind
    Classic Vinyl
    Octane
    Faction
    Dead Channel
    Pj channel
    The spectrum
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Ok, lemme get some feedback on stations you like?

For the general music stations, what are they playing etc.
    Think this will help me select a good package.

Will likely go premium anyway but..................

pjradio...bruce...spectrum...80's...90's....loft...the bridge...alt nation...siriusxmu...new wave...classic rewind...coffee house

howard (i used to dislike him for the reasons you mentioned earlier, but it seems he has mellowed in recent years--definitely worth a listen when he has a big time guest on which is usually once or twice a week--one hell of an interviewer)...cnn...cnbc...potus...espn....nfl...mlb...maddog...and occasionally playboy or the other one that always changes it's name :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Radio has arrived , subscription has been ordered (went with select plan 150 channels). Now to get it installed tonight when I get to the truck. Guess I should go in early to do that.

Will likely be sleeping in the truck tomorrow so if I dont get it in tonight , I will when I shut down tomorrow.

• ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668

Agree strongly with all three sentences.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,781
    No more playboy radio
    I miss igotid88
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,768
    I mostly listen to these channels:

PJ
    Underground Garage
    Sirius XM U
    First Wave
    Deeptracks
    Lithium

Every now and then i'll listen to: