25 years in the hole

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://solitarywatch.com/2013/03/11/voi ... han-death/

I found it interesting....maybe you will...maybe you won't....but the link is there if you want to read it.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Wow. 25 years and he hasn't bugged out or tried to commit suicide....I can't even imagine.
    ELITIST FUK
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I don't know how to feel about this..

I surely felt his pain and anguish. I couldn't imagine how that must be, even though he explains it quite precisely.
    Many times while reading it I thought about the victims family. I have had the unfortunate experience of losing a loved one. a few times. Never at the hand of another man though.. I wonder if he feels remorse.. He certainly didnt express it in this particular writing. I wonder if he knows love and what it is like to lose the one you love forever.. Certainly, his suffering is horrible.. Maybe the victims suffering is just as bad, only different..

I believe in the death penalty in cases like this. When the person is absolutely, 100%, undoubtably guilty of taking another human's life.. and it appears he is as well.. Nobody wins in this story..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Interesting read. And the comments after as well.

The part I don't like about this- is him not mentioning his remorse for the family of the victims. He mentions that if he had known it would be this long and this hard, he would have taken his life sooner. Not I should have thought about not taking a life - and not being put into this situation in the first place. You took a life, and the lives of that persons family- I have very little sympathy.

I do think 25+ years in solitary is a lot. If he admitted guilt- I would just have him in solitary for a few years and end his life (only if its 100% certain that he did the crime).
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    What an upsetting article. Very well written. I don't believe in the death penalty, but I don't believe in gov't. torture either and being in solitary for 23 hours every day? That's not torture?

But he killed somebody. So he deserves to be put away.

I don't know, I'm glad you posted this... no easy answers to this.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Enkidu wrote:
    What an upsetting article. Very well written. I don't believe in the death penalty, but I don't believe in gov't. torture either and being in solitary for 23 hours every day? That's not torture?

But he killed somebody. So he deserves to be put away.

I don't know, I'm glad you posted this... no easy answers to this.

I agree, no easy answers. But his solitary confinement is a result of his crime, and I think it's less of a punishment (or torture attempt) and more of a way to keep him from killing another guard in an escape attempt. I'm sure it's rough as fuck, but what else do you do with such a prisoner?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Very touching insight on what solitary is really like.

But the dude committed murder while trying to escape. He gets what is coming to him.

Personally I believe in the death penalty, especially in cases like this, but in the absence of one, this sounds like as close as he can get
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I thought this was going to be about my checking account.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    a little pee came out :D

I am thankful for what we have everyday.. I get just the right amount around here :thumbup:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

i'm right around 18.5
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :lol:
    ELITIST FUK