Feynman’s description of a Rose

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Physicist Richard Feynman--

I read Feynman’s description of a rose—in which he explained how he could experience the fragrance and beauty of the flower as fully as anyone, but how his knowledge of physics enriched the experience enormously because he could also take in the wonder and magnificence of the underlying molecular, atomic, and subatomic processes—I was hooked for good. I wanted what Feynman described: to assess life and to experience the universe on all possible levels, not just those that happened to be accessible to our frail human senses. The search for the deepest understanding of the cosmos became my lifeblood.
-- Brian Greene, "The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality"

Their wives must be awful pleased! I used to think it was awesome to just find a rose out in the wild. Then you get better at getting roses. But after a few roses die, or dont react nicely to your treatment of said roses, you do begin to look further into their chemistry, to try to get them to react nicely. Look further into the rose, as a scientist, figure out how each delicate petal connects to the stem, and what is the purpose of those thorns! But mainly find one that smells nice and get it to moan.
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You should here my description of Twolips.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Physicist Richard Feynman--

I read Feynman’s description of a rose—in which he explained how he could experience the fragrance and beauty of the flower as fully as anyone, but how his knowledge of physics enriched the experience enormously because he could also take in the wonder and magnificence of the underlying molecular, atomic, and subatomic processes—I was hooked for good. I wanted what Feynman described: to assess life and to experience the universe on all possible levels, not just those that happened to be accessible to our frail human senses. The search for the deepest understanding of the cosmos became my lifeblood.
    -- Brian Greene, "The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality"

Their wives must be awful pleased! I used to think it was awesome to just find a rose out in the wild. Then you get better at getting roses. But after a few roses die, or dont react nicely to your treatment of said roses, you do begin to look further into their chemistry, to try to get them to react nicely. Look further into the rose, as a scientist, figure out how each delicate petal connects to the stem, and what is the purpose of those thorns! But mainly find one that smells nice and get it to moan.

Have you just hit your head?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    a rose by any other name....
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

I'd like to reserve this thread for experiences regarding beauty and our ability to see past what is offered to us in the three dimensions that we are familiar with. I'd like for everyone to see something they love and desire and go deeper into the meaning to discover their urges, while at the same time discovering why the recipient of their lustful endeavors is feeling and growing according to the laws of nature. Why are we bound by the laws of nature? If I did indeed hit my head, I would hope the pain receptors, nerve endings, and memory capacities could evolve as they experienced something unusual, possibly negative, and turn it into a positive. Is it possible that me being hit in the head could be a good thing? I hope so. Maybe I was meant to hit my head. Science is wonderful, good for your head, your lover, your environment, your neighborhood, your earth, and world, and all the time, space, and effort that you put into living it. Hit your head, love a rose, and eat a cupcake. Trifecta. So, I've tried to see the beauty in your question and why, by science, you asked this question... :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

I'd like to reserve this thread for experiences regarding beauty and our ability to see past what is offered to us in the three dimensions that we are familiar with. I'd like for everyone to see something they love and desire and go deeper into the meaning to discover their urges, while at the same time discovering why the recipient of their lustful endeavors is feeling and growing according to the laws of nature. Why are we bound by the laws of nature? If I did indeed hit my head, I would hope the pain receptors, nerve endings, and memory capacities could evolve as they experienced something unusual, possibly negative, and turn it into a positive. Is it possible that me being hit in the head could be a good thing? I hope so. Maybe I was meant to hit my head. Science is wonderful, good for your head, your lover, your environment, your neighborhood, your earth, and world, and all the time, space, and effort that you put into living it. Hit your head, love a rose, and eat a cupcake. Trifecta. So, I've tried to see the beauty in your question and why, by science, you asked this question... :lol:

I see a CAT scan in your future...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

I see a CAT scan in your future...

I'd love to see the map of my brain as I ponder the inner workings of a Rose!