Options

Here we go! .....

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Well the time is nearly here people! I'm soooo fucking pumped for July! Same of you know that I'm heading off to catch Pearl Jam on the latter part of the Second Leg of their US tour. I arrive in LA on the 7/7 and the first show I will be attending is at The Forum (10/7). I don't know much about this venue except its fucking big I havent got 10c tickets for this show so crossing fingers for average to good seats (unlike Melb 1 03). Taking my friend who isnt a PJ fan whatsoever. I'm used to being at PJ shows with 'freaks' so it will be something new and can always convert.

I recently learnt that Santa Barbara is only 2 hours North (at the most) form Los Angeles (where I'm based) and thought what the hell seeing PJ at an intimate venue like the SB Bowl would be better than anything I could imagine and must get my hands on 10c tickets. Managed to find myself 10c tixs it was harder than I thought. Other than the Gorge shows this seems to be the most sort after show on the tour. Santa Barbara Bowl holds 4500 people so it will be an amazing experience! Hoping for a pre-set acoustic arrangment (Boston III 03, Gorge 05 etc.) Don't know a lot of Sonic Youth songs but I know enough to say good choice on the opener (can't wait for KOL later in the year).

From Santa Barbara I have a week or so before I leave for Seattle. I will vist the normal Hollywood tourist spots and have a look around. But, the fun hasnt even began yet because the Gorge weekend is still to come. I leave for Seattle on the 19th just in time to get my arse to the Gorge baby!

This was the show that was always going to be the highlight of the 6 shows I'm seeing this year. Spending a weekend at the Gorge camping with hundred or thousands of other huge PJ fans is going to be something I won't forget in a hurry. Have already organised to meet up with a shitload of fans from RM and Synergy. People that I have known online for a few years now but obviously never met. I will be the only fan there with an Aussie flag drapped around them so if you see pics of this you know who it is. Over the 2 nights I'm expecting covers, rare tracks, b-sides, special guests, etc. During this weekend and throughout my trip I would love ot hear the following songs..... But I mean they could play Daughter 30 times each night and I'll be happy.. I'm really not fussy at this point.

-Long Road
-Masters of War
-Bu$hleaguer! (c'mon play it damnit!)
-Help, Help (just kidding)
-Sad
-HTI
-Tremor Christ
-Off He Goes
-Satan's Bed
-Leash (just so I can say I saw Leash live)
-Nothingman
-In Hiding
-ALL THE NEW ALBUM

After the Gorge I'm back in Seattle for about a week than thats pretty much my trip. In Seattle I'm staying in a backpackers in the middle of 'The Seattle music scene' apparently.. Right near The Showbox and Moore Theatre. Will have to go and check out The Showbox for sure. Also I'm going to hit Easy Street Records and Off Ramp Cafe' is an absolute fucking must. Look, I have to say its a dream I have had for many years to see PJ in the States and now I'm almost there and its still hard to believe.

Stay tuned for more updates during the tour.. I will be adding blogs after every show complete with photos, stories, reviews, leading up to the show etc. PEACE OUT : ) Tim, Adelaide
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08