New Uke!

MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
edited March 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I finally bit the bullet and got myself a uke yesterday.

Kala tenor Pacific Walnut. Came with a bag and has been setup.

If you are in the market for a ukulele, I highly recommend checking out Uke Republic.

http://www.ukerebublic.com

Their main business is the online side, but I'm lucky, their SMALL showroom is just outside Atlanta so I was able to try a couple out in person before buying.

They were very helpful and I have nothing but good things to say about them.
"Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nice!

i like to play my uke when i get bored with guitar, which is more often here lately.

good find :)
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Thanks, that was the main driving force behind finally getting one. I've been in a rut lately with the acoustic guitar, I don't get the chance to play the electric very often (2 yr old twins), and playing the bass without a band or jam partner gets boring pretty quick, so I figured I'd finally give it a shot.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Thanks, that was the main driving force behind finally getting one. I've been in a rut lately with the acoustic guitar, I don't get the chance to play the electric very often (2 yr old twins), and playing the bass without a band or jam partner gets boring pretty quick, so I figured I'd finally give it a shot.
    the hardest part is getting used to the different string tunings, and how the D chord shape is actually a G :shock:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."