Grunge is back!

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Well on the catwalks of fashion shows anyways.
Read an article in the fashion section of today's paper, models strutting out on the catwalk wearing flannel.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Did it really ever leave?
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    A month ago, I was coming home after dropping my kid off at school, and I saw a high school age boy walking to school in leggings, shorts, doc martins, and a flannel shirt. I did a double take. And according to a niece who works in fashion, mullets are coming back too. :fp: :nono:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • I have dressed this way for oh... Too many years!!
    I have perfected it!! I make Grunge look GOOD!!!!
    I can rocks flannel and Docs like no one's bizznazz!!!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    A month ago, I was coming home after dropping my kid off at school, and I saw a high school age boy walking to school in leggings, shorts, doc martins, and a flannel shirt. I did a double take. And according to a niece who works in fashion, mullets are coming back too. :fp: :nono:

No fucking way mullets are coming back... oh god

Fucking kids
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    the thing i hated most back in the nighties, was when I (we) dressed grunge, just because it was simply the way we dressed and felt comfortable in, then when it became a fashion, and everybody just thought you were following a fashion, that freaking annoyed the shit out of me. please don't let it become a fashion again,

while i'm at it, i've had long hair since i was a kid, and the amount of times i've had people come up to me in the past and say long hair isn't in fashion anymore, i should get it cut.. I hate fashions.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    F*** FASHION!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Mullets haven't really ever gone out of style down here in the south!

Doc Martins...the missus won't let me get a pair. Says it isn't 1994 anymore. I say that they are damn comfortable, so who cares? Plus, they make a steel toe version that go great with my business casual attire for work.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Mullets haven't really ever gone out of style down here in the south!

Doc Martins...the missus won't let me get a pair. Says it isn't 1994 anymore. I say that they are damn comfortable, so who cares? Plus, they make a steel toe version that go great with my business casual attire for work.

Yeah, still lots of mullets around Wisconsin too. :lol:

Grew up wearing flannels. Shits cold around here, you know.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Fucking kids

mullet dresses are all the rage:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAMFdpL6RIyA5vBOTbFfEGZtjSX_9LDl9UUhpepk-BjJ4RaFyJkA
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    I never really stopped wearing Doc Martens since the 90's.

I have one or two other pairs of shoes, but I usually wear my Doc Martens (a black and a brown Aztec Crazy Horse pair).
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    RKCNDY wrote:

Fucking kids

mullet dresses are all the rage:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAMFdpL6RIyA5vBOTbFfEGZtjSX_9LDl9UUhpepk-BjJ4RaFyJkA

Ugh I hate those mullet dresses!

Overalls are back and Anthropologie has a pair of jeans exacty like I owned in highschool only they now want $215 for them!!! :fp: should have saved em oh well

http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread-style ... 00275.html
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Just don't bring back those damn high waisted jeans. :nono:

Never owned bibs, never wanted bibs.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Just don't bring back those damn high waisted jeans. :nono:

Never owned bibs, never wanted bibs.

No No mom jeans and I stick to the rule if you wore it once you should not wear it again for trends but these

Udgc5E7s.jpg

If only I could somehow reason out the price.... maybe they will make me look like I did back in the early 90's for that! ;)
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    don't tell anybody but I like a good mullet :mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    bionicamy wrote:

Ugh I hate those mullet dresses!

Overalls are back and Anthropologie has a pair of jeans exacty like I owned in highschool only they now want $215 for them!!! :fp: should have saved em oh well

http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread-style ... 00275.html

mullet dresses are ugly! I was going thru my closet and found shortalls, the bibs that are shorts rather then long pants. :fp:

I have a few jeans from the 90s...and I can fit into them again! though, they are high waisted-can't believe we wore those terrible things! The waist is right at my rib cage, and I feel like I'm suffocating if I put them on.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Even John Fogerty is cashing in, he's selling his "Fortunate Son" brand of flannel shirts on his website...for $70 :fp:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/112624/john-fogertys-70-flannel-shirt#
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    pandora wrote:
    don't tell anybody but I like a good mullet :mrgreen:
    Dear dear pandora -- I'll always have a soft spot for images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ5nzH8iJfhZBlcX2msSr8sSob6kn6JHtfSu8Nr6KwB0D8_9vX

But "good" mullets (and I believe that may be as big an oxymoron as military intelligence) are few and far between. No images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd20KlCVFqWViSbkvF2a4Z4snH4x5yuAOuRM6y46BtTc6cOAoB or images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr-ajfJBepAoFWIOfReXCwhezBX8seX2qy7VyDZ22HWNRIq-631A or images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsoQuW5shGFlEh2z41T3De-iUaI88WkFjOP6-oFjg8ZeVXHPo1 :fp: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: ;)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes