She died doing "What She Loved"

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 7494,d.aWc

Animals shouldnt be kept in cages.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    Every time I hear someone say somebody "died doing what they loved", I think its the most absurd statement...do you think this girl desired to be mauled by a lion? Do you think the skydiver who pulled the ripcord only to get hit in the face with a sandwich because he strapped on his knapsack instead of his parachute is happy as he plummets to his squishy demise? Do you think the skier who hits a tree at 70 MPH's last thought is "yay my skull's gonna get crushed by that trunk!".

I want to die when I'm very very old, like 95 (of course if I can die at 95 while banging twin 18 year old asian nymphomanics, then someone can say about me that I died while doing something I loved, though my wife if she's still alive might not be too happy)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Animals shouldnt be kept in cages.
    people shouldn't go in cages that have animals in them.

:geek:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425
    edited March 2013
    Poncier wrote:
    Every time I hear someone say somebody "died doing what they loved", I think its the most absurd statement...do you think this girl desired to be mauled by a lion? Do you think the skydiver who pulled the ripcord only to get hit in the face with a sandwich because he strapped on his knapsack instead of his parachute is happy as he plummets to his squishy demise? Do you think the skier who hits a tree at 70 MPH's last thought is "yay my skull's gonna get crushed by that trunk!".

I want to die when I'm very very old, like 95 (of course if I can die at 95 while banging twin 18 year old asian nymphomanics, then someone can say about me that I died while doing something I loved, though my wife if she's still alive might not be too happy)
    The whole "Doing what they loved" thing, kind of gets on my nerves when it comes to zoo workers. It just does. I guess they mean well. I am sure they mean well. But when you choose to abuse and cage wild animals for a living.

I dont know.
    The 1st chance that Lion had, to get out of that cage.
    The 1st thing he did?
    Break that girls neck.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I better not die posting on this forum.
    "he died doing something he loathed"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Poncier wrote:

Is that irony, or no?
  • shepshep Posts: 5,762

:lol::lol:

in all seriousness thought Speedy, I completely agree. Animals like that are not meant to be kept in cages, or as house pets for that matter...

I don't understand people's fascination with animals that would eat you for lunch if they had the opportunity (i.e. lions, tigers, bears, alligators, sharks, etc)....

just leave them be in their natural habitat.

seems like a no brainer to me. :fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Poncier wrote:

Is that irony, or no?
    Its like raaaaaiiiiin on your wedding day...
    a free riiiiiiide when you've already paid
    shep wrote:

:lol::lol:

in all seriousness thought Speedy, I completely agree. Animals like that are not meant to be kept in cages, or as house pets for that matter...

I don't understand people's fascination with animals that would eat you for lunch if they had the opportunity (i.e. lions, tigers, bears, alligators, sharks, etc)....

just leave them be in their natural habitat.

seems like a no brainer to me. :fp:
    The 1st time I read about the abuse that takes place when it comes to elephants, in a zoo. That was it for me. Same with Killer Whales.

You want to abuse animals and get paid for it?
    Thats your choice.
    But when that animal snaps your neck, or eats you alive.
    Oh well.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "she was a fearless lover of big cats"

That's part of the problem. THEY'RE BIG FUCKING CATS and *should* be feared, not to mention respected.

She acted selfishly, and the end-result isn't so surprising.

What really pisses me off is that they killed the lion for just...being a fucking lion. You'd think these places would have tranquilizer guns handy.

(also, was this place a conservatory for these animals, or a circus-like deal?)
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    I never understand why the animal is always shot in these cases? Can't they use a tranquilizer or something? The animal is only doing what its programed to do and you never know what that is, that's why its called a WILD ANIMAL!! So if you walk into a cage with a guerilla or great white shark and lose, who's fault is that? Sad story though.
    jason wrote:
    I never understand why the animal is always shot in these cases? Can't they use a tranquilizer or something? The animal is only doing what its programed to do and you never know what that is, that's why its called a WILD ANIMAL!! So if you walk into a cage with a guerilla or great white shark and lose, who's fault is that? Sad story though.
    Why is the animal shot and killed?
    Because as a species, human beings are fucking morons.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'm one of those people that love it when I see animals getting revenge, not gonna lie. Bull fight - bull runs up in the stands and kills 5 people? Good. They deserved it. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this but what right do humans have to cage animals and take them out of their natural habitat? I guess I just don't get it.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    pets-3_1718379c.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm one of those people that love it when I see animals getting revenge, not gonna lie. Bull fight - bull runs up in the stands and kills 5 people? Good. They deserved it. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this but what right do humans have to cage animals and take them out of their natural habitat? I guess I just don't get it.
    Yep
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol::clap:

Kills 5 people?

32013895.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Im always amazed at the running of the Bulls. I want to go so badly and drink beer on a balcony in Spain and watch a those boys get thrown around like ragdolls, toss their lunch, and get a little gore action.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    No one addressed my earlier question...anyway, while I'd much rather animals live free and wild in their natural environment, there are times when they're injured, abandoned, unable to survive on their own, etc., and so are taken in to sanctuaries (see Big Cat Rescue, for one).

I don't know if this place was like that.

Still have to employ caution, common sense, etc. with them.

(Mamasan, I'm with you on the bullruns, bullfights and the like. Even damn circuses.)
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Every once in a while, the abused get their ultimate revenge.
    Nice shirt.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    hedonist wrote:
    No one addressed my earlier question...anyway, while I'd much rather animals live free and wild in their natural environment, there are times when they're injured, abandoned, unable to survive on their own, etc., and so are taken in to sanctuaries (see Big Cat Rescue, for one).

I don't know if this place was like that.
    Still have to employ caution, common sense, etc. with them.
    (Mamasan, I'm with you on the bullruns, bullfights and the like. Even damn circuses.)

There are definitely places that exist to help animals - endangered species or be they hurt or whatnot like you said. And those are needed for sure! Maybe this place was like that, that's a good point.

OMG circuses, I hadn't even thought about that. Makes me angry :evil:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pj1981pj1981 Posts: 288
    The world lost a good kind hearted young woman who had her whole life ahead,
    a life where she longed to make a difference for these beautiful animals.
    Sounds like she was distracted and underestimated the animal
    and that damn not quite closed gate. She did die doing what she loved.
  • There are differences between people who own zoos and circuses , and the people who work there and try to take the best care of the animals that they can. I am not a fan of an animal in a can, but I would rather have some one who loves them watching over them than someone who could give a shit less.
    John Roach
  • That is, I am no fan of an animal in a cage . I love canned animal on crackers.
    John Roach
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I believe that this was an animal sanctuary and not a zoo. The lion was a kind that is extinct in the wild so I think it's also tragic that it was killed. The young woman's father also questioned why it was killed for just "being a lion" and said that he was sure his daughter wouldn't have wanted that.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    hedonist wrote:
    "she was a fearless lover of big cats"

That's part of the problem. THEY'RE BIG FUCKING CATS and *should* be feared, not to mention respected.

I'm fully convinced my domesticated house cats are plotting my demise. So, yeah, I'm fairly petrified of big cats. :shock:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    jason wrote:

no, a tranquilizer takes about 10-15 minutes to take full effect, much too long when they need to give aid.

Who Princess is correct, it was a sanctuary, and the lion was born in the sanctuary and hand raised.

The intern was under the impression that the lion was secured in his holding cage while she cleaned his enclosure. The cat was smart, un-latched the gate and attacked. Most likely, she had her back to him and unfortunately, that's when big cats usually attack. Workers in Asia, wear masks on the back of their head when going into the forest to ward of surprise attacks from tigers.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Poncier wrote:

Michael Hutchins of INXS died doing what he loved.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    RKCNDY wrote:
    jason wrote:

no, a tranquilizer takes about 10-15 minutes to take full effect, much too long when they need to give aid.

Who Princess is correct, it was a sanctuary, and the lion was born in the sanctuary and hand raised.

The intern was under the impression that the lion was secured in his holding cage while she cleaned his enclosure. The cat was smart, un-latched the gate and attacked. Most likely, she had her back to him and unfortunately, that's when big cats usually attack. Workers in Asia, wear masks on the back of their head when going into the forest to ward of surprise attacks from tigers.

Interesting..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Mamasan23 wrote:

The most unfortunate thing is when innocent bystanders get hurt. Like the people who get attacked by runaway chimps. That is scary shit. They bite off your fingers, your nose, your junk, if you have any.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Mamasan23 wrote:

The most unfortunate thing is when innocent bystanders get hurt. Like the people who get attacked by runaway chimps. That is scary shit. They bite off your fingers, your nose, your junk, if you have any.
    A few years ago a woman in Connecticut had her face ripped off by a friend's pet chimp. (and she wasn't even F5ing to get Pearl Jam tickets)

Some animals really shouldn't be kept as pets, folks don't realize the strength of these animals.