The Lottery Ticket People.

2»

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    When Trotter goes around the room, asking everyone "Who do you like?' and then crossing off each and every horse, until he is left with just one horse.

And thats the horse he bets.
    And the fucker wins.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, I love that movie.

let it ride is a classic. fact: it features a very young (lesbian in real life) chick from sex and the city...the read head...whats her face
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:
    Let-It-Ride.jpg

I Love this Movie

speedy is Richard Dreyfus and David Johansen is the person buying the lotto tix and vodka :P :lol:

love that movie
    Whoever wrote, directed that movie?
    Obviously spent some time in racetracks.
    Because those characters, are just fucking PERFECT!

so is that rack
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5GVfNcivS8

Oh, how I love this movie.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    I hate people who buy the scratch offs and then have the clerk run it through the scanner to see if they won :fp:
    they don't even enjoy the process of pissing away their money.

what state is this?

can't do that in mass

scanning 2 or 3 losers locks up the machine.... prevents clerks from just standing there and swiping all day
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,185
    Or you could just go to a supermarket to pick up milk instead of 7 eleven or Hess gas station :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I hate people who buy the scratch offs and then have the clerk run it through the scanner to see if they won :fp:

what state is this?

can't do that in mass

scanning 2 or 3 losers locks up the machine.... prevents clerks from just standing there and swiping all day

In New York, and if they win, they usually cash them in for more, until they hit big and the store cant cover it or go broke trying. You can tell the cashier's hate these people to.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    We have a bunch of automatic lotto machines, so there isn't someone standing there selling tickets, you just tap the "I certify that I am over 18" button, and buy tix.

Some people act like they have never seen a computer touch screen ever, and they take FOREVER...all the jackpots are on a screen above the machine, and people stand there, "Which one is the big jackpot? How much is it to play?" :fp:

Don't play if you don't know which one 'has the big jackpot'! :nono:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Or you could just go to a supermarket to pick up milk instead of 7 eleven or Hess gas station :P
    Milk and lotto tickets?? Doesn't vodka and lotto tickets sound better? :lol:
    I have my vodka shot from yesterday's lotto purchase. I'll be having a martini tonight.
    I just remembered I need to check my lottery numbers.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Or you could just go to a supermarket to pick up milk instead of 7 eleven or Hess gas station :P
    I have my vodka shot from yesterday's lotto purchase. I'll be having a martini tonight.
    only two numbers on each ticket. :cry:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,185
    Or you could just go to a supermarket to pick up milk instead of 7 eleven or Hess gas station :P

Yeah i do the same thing i play lotto where i buy my Vodka but i don't buy milk from 7Eleven or gas stations ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874

what state is this?

can't do that in mass

In New York, and if they win, they usually cash them in for more, until they hit big and the store cant cover it or go broke trying. You can tell the cashier's hate these people to.

oh F that...

what's to prevent a clerk from just scanning random tix and then selling them if they're a loser?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

oh F that...

what's to prevent a clerk from just scanning random tix and then selling them if they're a loser?[/quote]

:think: you make a good point, maybe it register's that it's been scanned? i don't know, i'll ask Ahmed the next time i stop by.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i don't know, i'll ask Ahmed the next time i stop by.

lol
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Poncier wrote:
    Only a half pint?

yeah
    lightweight
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    To be fair, there is probably a 1 in 5 chance that a lottery winner in Florida is a ...

Convicted Sex Offender Timothy Poole Wins $3 Million Lottery Jackpot in Florida

A convicted sex offender won a $3 million lottery jackpot in Florida and will be able to keep his winnings.

Timothy Poole, 43, won the prize after buying a $20 ticket from a 7-Eleven store in Mount Dora, Florida.

Poole pleaded guilty in 2002 to attempted sexual battery involving two victims under the age of 12, according to Florida Department of Law Enforcement records.

He was released from custody in 2006.

https://gma.yahoo.com/convicted-sex-offender-timothy-poole-wins-3-million-123056258--abc-news-topstories.html

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I used to work at a grocery store in the early 90's. It helped to pay my way through college. I had two old women who would be there at the lottery counter when I arrived. I would arrive at 2 PM and would often be put on the lottery until 7:25 PM-- the time it closed. Those women would stand there the entire time scratching 5 tickets off at a time. They would shut the lottery machine down. If I pulled a new book out of the safe, they'd get so mad. It would mean that they would have to play through that book of tickets. God forbid if someone came in and decided to play one of the tickets that THEY were playing.

Oh, and my FIL has been "winning it big" for at least the entire time he has known me. How long have I been with his son? It's been just shy of 21 years. No, he's never won it big. I'd love to have the money he spends on all of the scratch-offs though.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

To be fair, there is probably a 1 in 5 chance that a lottery winner in Florida is a ...

A convicted sex offender won a $3 million lottery jackpot in Florida and will be able to keep his winnings.

Timothy Poole, 43, won the prize after buying a $20 ticket from a 7-Eleven store in Mount Dora, Florida.

Poole pleaded guilty in 2002 to attempted sexual battery involving two victims under the age of 12, according to Florida Department of Law Enforcement records.

https://gma.yahoo.com/convicted-sex-offender-timothy-poole-wins-3-million-123056258--abc-news-topstories.html

Heard about this piece of crap's luck today.

Times like this I go to one of my dad's mantras - "life isn't fair".

(and sorry to temporarily veer off the thread's path, but four or less years for attempting to fuck (with) TWO young ones? "Hey, he's OK now, everyone!. No worries at all, folks.")
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited December 2014

SPEEDY MCCREADY" said:
    [quote="BinauralJam"]

I Love this Movie
    Truly one of the greatest movies ever made.
    That nobody has ever heard of.[/quote]

Let it Ride!!! A fucking classic.

------------
    Sweet. Just added it to my Netflix list. Have never seen It before. :) (some thing's fucked up about these quotes)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    hedonist said:

Jason P said:

(and sorry to temporarily veer off the thread's path, but four or less years for attempting to fuck (with) TWO young ones? "Hey, he's OK now, everyone!. No worries at all, folks.")
    I am a bit confused about the article though. Why would him keeping the money even be called into question?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Jason P said:

I am a bit confused about the article though. Why would him keeping the money even be called into question?
    That part of the article seemed a bit off to me as well, as in being unrelated. I imagine some folks are just pissed off that good fortune can come to someone like him.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Max tix bought c'mon retirement!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....