Options

Question about value

zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
edited March 2013 in Lost Dogs
How are the prices set?
What is & where is the value guide?
Does expressobeans.com suffice ?

i.e. If I seek out a poster on expressionbeans.com, view it's worth in dollars, and have someone willing to sell me that individual poster on the same day, should the poster be listed at the average cost price from expressonbeans.com? *Tubes & shipping & emotional attachment to shows attended excluded.

Thanks
1996: Toronto
1998: Barrie
2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
2006: Toronto X2
2009: Toronto
2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
2023: Chicago X2
2024: Noblesville 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The value is the price someone is willing to pay for it.

Some of the things you mention are guides or part of it (even the emotional attachment to the item and/or the show part). But, ultimately, it is what someone is willing to pay for it.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Agreed.

Look at ebeans - see the AVE and 6-MO AVE - get an idea - then look at the "For Sale or Trade" tab - you'll see people on there asking twice as much for their print. I tend to lend more credence to the AVE price. It's worth what you can get for it. Also know the market has fallen off - posters are not selling right now for what they were selling for. Good time to buy.

Cheers,
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    expressobeans can be helpful ... but people put too much stock in the 6 mo avg

I think the most helpful info is the Price History tab - there you can see how many have sold and at what price

I think it's also helpful to see how many are for sale and how many are in people ISO... sure these tabs may not be updated but all of this is just a guide

I also search ebay for recent sales as they aren't automatically tracked on ebeans - though you can help by adding them

bottom line is prices are set by the seller - and if they want to negotiate is up to them - you as the buyer can offer whatever you want - go $50 below or go $50 over - it's really up to you

additionally shipping/tube cost is part of the negotiation. if you negotiate on a "price shipped" then it's included.