we've gone straight from winter to summer in nc
    guess it's better than being in colorado right now though
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mysticweed wrote:

don't worry....spring is blowing your way.

went from 70 on monday to 40 today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    81 wrote:
    mysticweed wrote:

don't worry....spring is blowing your way.

went from 70 on monday to 40 today

shhhh don't say blow
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I guess I'm supposed to get a foot of snow or some shit.
  • I guess I'm supposed to get a foot of snow or some shit.
    Is it usually spring for a day or two in WI?
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I guess I'm supposed to get a foot of snow or some shit.
    Is it usually spring for a day or two in WI?

Two

Maybe only one this year

I know my high school baseball coach would be pulling his hair out right now if he had any.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    A week's worth of rain, with some snow mixed in......fucked up. I want some sun.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Today:

"Thursday's to be the third consecutive day almost entirely void of sunshine after a night of heavy rainfall."

Tomorrow:

"Cloudy, chilly and blustery. Some rain or mixed rain and snow showers."

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    i'll drink bourbon to that
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    A week's worth of rain, with some snow mixed in......fucked up. I want some sun.

Everything is white up here. More on the way. :cry:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    4 more weeks.

I can start planting my veggies.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    4 more weeks.

Your word in God's ear! We dug up the last portion of the garden yesterday and all our baby plants are doing well inside. 4 weeks would be my birthday, it would be awesome if the weather was nice by then :) It's sunny here today, but still a bit chilly. Too cold to start planting anything outside. The forecast doesn't really show any dramatic changes this week. This must be the longest I have ever waited for spring. It's my fave season and I've been told it's rather short here in MI. Do your job, Petrus :twisted:
    4 more weeks.

Your word in God's ear! We dug up the last portion of the garden yesterday and all our baby plants are doing well inside. 4 weeks would be my birthday, it would be awesome if the weather was nice by then :) It's sunny here today, but still a bit chilly. Too cold to start planting anything outside. The forecast doesn't really show any dramatic changes this week. This must be the longest I have ever waited for spring. It's my fave season and I've been told it's rather short here in MI. Do your job, Petrus :twisted:
    Here in Chicago, it seems everyone waits till Memorial day.
    If you plant sooner, there is a good chance temps will still hit 32, and everything you planted, ends up dead.
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    no it's not, too cold even though the sun is shining every now and then
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    It was snowing sideways yesterday. Cold an dreary today, so no.
    4 more weeks.

If you plant sooner, there is a good chance temps will still hit 32, and everything you planted, ends up dead.
    Yeah, we also had some snow still this weekend, it's crazy. Memorial day is a week after my birthday, that is fine with me :) Our plants are still so teensy weensy, I would be scared for them to be outside at night :lol: Furthermore, we still have to find a remedy against the groundhog and the rabbits that are frequently visiting our backyard/ garden ... I think one of the next weekends will be dedicated to building a fence.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

Yeah, we also had some snow still this weekend, it's crazy. Memorial day is a week after my birthday, that is fine with me :) Our plants are still so teensy weensy, I would be scared for them to be outside at night :lol: Furthermore, we still have to find a remedy against the groundhog and the rabbits that are frequently visiting our backyard/ garden ... I think one of the next weekends will be dedicated to building a fence.

I had issues last season with some critters eating my veggies so I built this removable contraption and it helped tremendously. And it's super easy to build on your own. Here is the link.
    http://averagepersongardening.blogspot. ... proof.html

I had issues last season with some critters eating my veggies so I built this removable contraption and it helped tremendously. And it's super easy to build on your own. Here is the link.

That looks critter-proof :thumbup: But we don't have raised beds, we have a normal "down on the ground" garden :think:
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

That looks critter-proof :thumbup: But we don't have raised beds, we have a normal "down on the ground" garden :think:
    I don't have raised beds either. I just attached "feet" per say and used them to stick into the ground. And it worked perfect. Something like this
    IMG_2676_sm.jpg
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    it sure is. we went from jackets to short sleeves over night. although it rained today, it's been 23°C and sunny these past few days. it will be 28°C on thursday
    all the veggies have been planted over the weekend, so this rain came in perfectly. just hoping temperatures want go around 0 anymore
    Clearly it has arrived. All this rain flooding my roads is beginning to piss me off. :evil:

But it's better than snow! :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Clearly it has arrived. All this rain flooding my roads is beginning to piss me off. :evil:

Have you headed out East yet?
    If not, when is the BIG day?
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Definitely arrived.

And there is no greener green.

Achoo!

:P
    Nice shirt.
    Felt like it yesterday for the first time! wet and gloomy today but supposed to be in 60s and sunny this weekend!! That will be the real start of spring for me.
    kw18 wrote:

Saturday, bright and early. Picking up the truck on Thursday, loading on Friday. My apartment is a maze of boxes and broken down furniture in weird places. :fp: :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Saturday, bright and early. Picking up the truck on Thursday, loading on Friday. My apartment is a maze of boxes and broken down furniture in weird places. :fp: :lol:

can i take your car out for a spin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

can i take your car out for a spin

:lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

You've been drinking, sir.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:

it chicago...it's cool
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

it chicago...it's cool

:fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    this week is shaping up to be the warmest week we've had in chicago since probably september :lol: :fp: