Africa- Attenborough Documentary

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
i live by these documentaries. I loved Planet Earth, Life, and Frozen Planet, but didnt know about the new Africa documentary until last week. It had mind blowing cinematography as always, crazy facts, but it seemed like this series was alot sadder than the other ones. The baby elephant dying and then there was another one I forget what it was. But it seemed like this one showed the cruelty of nature alot more than the others.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MJK1889MJK1889 Posts: 59
    I grew up with his documentaries, nobody has the power to make a subject so interesting and compelling as he does. Even the one he did about plants was fascinating!

He's a brilliant man, over 50 years educating people about the natural world.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I saw a brief glimpse of this series on TV, ordered the blu ray series on Amazon the other day.
    I have Frozen Planet, that is just awesome.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • I saw a brief glimpse of this series on TV, ordered the blu ray series on Amazon the other day.
    I have Frozen Planet, that is just awesome.

I dont know how they get the shots they do. Its so crystal clear, and how they film in the ocean, or in trees, or under the ground. They have this ability to focus in on even the tiniest creature, like an ant, and you can see little hairs on its body etc... Then on the flip side they can film a rather large area-a desert, an ocean, a forest and show all the amazing colors of it all.

I could listen to the facts and trivia they talk about, all day long.

I think it was Frozen Planet that they talked about how a bison I believe, was being attacked by a predator, and one of its relatives came to its rescue. I had always wondered whether something like that happens. It seems like it would just be survival of the fittest, but I guess not