:fp: i sure as hell hope not
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    mfc2006 wrote:
    The only question is will they finish worse than the 62 Mets :corn:

:fp: i sure as hell hope not

That's a tough record to break but the over/under is 59 1/2 which seems overly optimistic.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Are they remaking major league again?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,671
    This well summarizes what I view as one of the major issues with MLB.

It used to be my #1 sport, but now, it is a bit of an afterthought. Im an Indians fan, but it really sucks not having any meaningful games for long stretches of time. Its nice when the start out hot, but you always know... The league is too stratified, seasons are too long, and too few playoff teams.

They need a better commish and some owners with balls. Need a hard cap with a salary minimum and some good revenue sharing.

Ideally, if we are going to continue the survival of the fittest route I would loooove for them to dissolve all affiliations, and create a tiered relegation/promotion system.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    MayDay10 wrote:

It used to be my #1 sport, but now, it is a bit of an afterthought. Im an Indians fan, but it really sucks not having any meaningful games for long stretches of time. Its nice when the start out hot, but you always know... The league is too stratified, seasons are too long, and too few playoff teams.

They need a better commish and some owners with balls. Need a hard cap with a salary minimum and some good revenue sharing.

Ideally, if we are going to continue the survival of the fittest route I would loooove for them to dissolve all affiliations, and create a tiered relegation/promotion system.

We don't need anymore playoff teams, lets stop rewarding mediocrity, baseball is not like any other sport the regular season should count more. A salary floor is needed much more than a hard cap. The astros 20mm payroll is a joke, houston is the 4th biggest city and the owner is worth 2 billon spend some money. Going with a soccer type standings won't work here unless there's massive expansion which will never happen. I personally rather see them contract a few teams than expand.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I personally rather see them contract a few teams than expand.

i'd start with the yankee's. new york doesn't seem to want to support two teams, and the yankee's always have a ton of empty seats behind home plate. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    MayDay10 wrote:

We don't need anymore playoff teams, lets stop rewarding mediocrity, baseball is not like any other sport the regular season should count more. A salary floor is needed much more than a hard cap. The astros 20mm payroll is a joke, houston is the 4th biggest city and the owner is worth 2 billon spend some money. Going with a soccer type standings won't work here unless there's massive expansion which will never happen. I personally rather see them contract a few teams than expand.
    They should take the worst teams and move them to a b league
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    LloydXmas wrote:
    They should take the worst teams and move them to a b league

it's the only thing about soccer that interests me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg