Options

Chloe Dancer & Crown Of Thorns at Wrigley...

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,324
    Ellroy80 wrote:
    Just a bump to hear CD/CoT at Wrigley on my birthday!
    Everyone should get to hear CD/CoT on their birthday!
    +1

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I love Crown of Thorns but I think Chloe Dancer is lame. I'm glad PJ just plays the Crown portion. I saw it live in LA 2006 and feel fortunate to have experienced it in person.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    I love Crown of Thorns but I think Chloe Dancer is lame. I'm glad PJ just plays the Crown portion. I saw it live in LA 2006 and feel fortunate to have experienced it in person.
    how many times you saw Chloe Dancer live?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924

I go by the studio version and I think it is lame and I am thankful PJ only plays the Crown of Thorns and also thankful I saw them play Crown at a show I attended. i hope this clarifies.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options

I go by the studio version and I think it is lame and I am thankful PJ only plays the Crown of Thorns and also thankful I saw them play Crown at a show I attended. i hope this clarifies.
    well you see them live together,will get it..Chloe gives an unreal power to Crown of Thorns
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ellroy80Ellroy80 Posts: 137
    rival. wrote:
    i think it's almost a guarantee crown of thorns is played at wrigley.

right..... right.... right??? :)

I sure hope so!!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    i think it's almost a guarantee crown of thorns is played at wrigley.

right..... right.... right??? :)
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    We're so lucky they play this song. The history, the respect, the love that's projected when they play it is really quite powerful.

RIP Andy.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I heard this on a radio station driving into work today. I couldn't think of a better song to start the day.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Crown of Thorns always makes whatever show it's played at instantly epic for me and to experience Chloe for that first time (and bookended in Van) was the highlight of my entire Pearl Jam experience.

I hadn't listened to it in awhile for a variety of reasons, but I queued it up today in honor of Andy. There is no other piece of music that touches the core of my soul like Chloe/Crown... the threads of the piano and bass woven together is the closest thing to perfection. It's like butterflies, rainy days, the slow warm kiss of a lover, pleasure and pain all rolled into one.

Dimi.. as much as I want to keep it preserved in time for those two shining moments, there's a part of me that hopes you get to experience it too. <3
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Crown of Thorns always makes whatever show it's played at instantly epic for me and to experience Chloe for that first time (and bookended in Van) was the highlight of my entire Pearl Jam experience.

I hadn't listened to it in awhile for a variety of reasons, but I queued it up today in honor of Andy. There is no other piece of music that touches the core of my soul like Chloe/Crown... the threads of the piano and bass woven together is the closest thing to perfection. It's like butterflies, rainy days, the slow warm kiss of a lover, pleasure and pain all rolled into one.

Dimi.. as much as I want to keep it preserved in time for those two shining moments, there's a part of me that hopes you get to experience it too. <3
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    pearljam133pearljam133 Posts: 202
    Heard them play on 9-11-11 in Toronto. I got chills when I heard the piano intro to Chloe Dancer
    5/2/2003 - Buffalo, NY
    5/9/2010 - Cleveland, OH
    9/11/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    9/12/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field
    10/11/2013 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/2013 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
  • Options
    Heard them play on 9-11-11 in Toronto. I got chills when I heard the piano intro to Chloe Dancer
    same here!!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Ellroy80 wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

<3
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Was there in Toronto on September 11, 2011. I might have listened a thousand time to the original studio version from the Singles soundtrack, but I must admit that PJ performed it perfectly. Looking for a repeat in London in 118 days...

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    Chloe don't know better......
  • Options
    Ellroy80 wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

:)
  • Options
    Was there in Toronto on September 11, 2011. I might have listened a thousand time to the original studio version from the Singles soundtrack, but I must admit that PJ performed it perfectly. Looking for a repeat in London in 118 days...
    and Wrigley :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    best song with Boom :mrgreen:
  • Options
    best song with Boom :mrgreen:

:D +1!
  • Options
    Ellroy80 wrote:
    Chloe don't know better......
    :D
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I hope they play it at Buenos Aires...

This song, with that introduction, is quite simply breathtaking, and one of my favorite songs of all time. And I don't see that ever changing, it is just so magical to me.
    8-)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    -Buru- wrote:
    I hope they play it at Buenos Aires...

This song, with that introduction, is quite simply breathtaking, and one of my favorite songs of all time. And I don't see that ever changing, it is just so magical to me.
    8-)
    will be epic if they play it at BA..
  • Options
    play it please at Wrigley,and ill go back home to Greece from Usa on foot!!!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I need to hear this someday, most especially with the Chloe intro! Chills every time I listen to the Toronto and Vancouver versions.

The Crown of Thorns part of PJ20 gives me the shivers every time. Always special when PJ sings this one.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    they save it for Wrigley.. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539

what a moment that night in Toronto, mind blowing
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

what a moment that night in Toronto, mind blowing
    indeed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdiCLZOxB3Q

eddie....pssttt...i know now that you know how much i want that at Wrigley..
  • Options
    Bump. Wanna see this at Wrigley!