National League Pitchers

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Shouldn't hit. Just add the DH
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    No way. Takes away from the strategy of the game.

Plus if you can't play baseball you shouldn't be able to bat.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Jason P wrote:
    No way. Takes away from the strategy of the game.

Plus if you can't play baseball you shouldn't be able to bat.
    yeah. really takes away from the strategy in the first 5 innings. Free outs are lame
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Shouldn't hit. Just add the DH
    Wrong. The DH is the Devil :twisted:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    AL pitchers are pussies.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • brosiobrosio Posts: 60
    No Thank you. I prefer my baseball games under 5 hours
    American League Truthers!! :lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Im torn on the issue. I despise when pitchers go up there looking so lackadaisical.
    I saw Hideki Irabu hit a grounder and walk to first base. I wanted to run on the field and drill his sorry ass.

But you gotta love it when the rare pitcher can actually hit.. who are some? Doc Gooden?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Im torn on the issue. I despise when pitchers go up there looking so lackadaisical.
    I saw Hideki Irabu hit a grounder and walk to first base. I wanted to run on the field and drill his sorry ass.

But you gotta love it when the rare pitcher can actually hit.. who are some? Doc Gooden?

Zambrano
    Ruth
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Chien Ming Wang

:fp: :fp:
  • Negative. The NL does it right
    Seeing the pitcher just stand there while fast balls just fly right by them is lame.
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Seeing the pitcher just stand there while fast balls just fly right by them is lame.

Watching a guy that does nothing but bat is pretty lame
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    LloydXmas wrote:

it doesn't have to be that way, it's just the pitchers take no pride in it. watching a 5 hour american league game is lame. the DH is for slow pitch softball.
    LloydXmas wrote:

hey. I hate david ortiz as much as anyone :lol::lol::lol:
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

hey. I hate david ortiz as much as anyone :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    DH is the worst idea professional sports ever came up with.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    :corn:
    Fine 8 batters.

Issue solved.
  • +1 for NL and hitting pitchers.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    On defense:
    You're on the field just like everyone else
    You throw the ball around just like everyone else
    You wear a uniform just like everyone else
    You're trying to get the other team out just like everyone else

On offense:
    Pick up a god damn bat just like everyone else
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    :corn:
    Are those peanuts or cracker jacks?
  • PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    There's nothing better than watching Matt Cain or Madison Bumgarner knock one out with runners on base! Can't take away those "holy shit!" moments from the game & you have to admit, watching Barry Zito have success executing a perfect drag bunt down the 3rd base line to score a runner and be safe at 1st (during the playoffs) was amazing!!
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    +1 for NL and hitting pitchers.

can't stand the DH
  • I saw Dontrelle Willis hit 2 home runs @ Shea....Cranked them both!!
    AL Pitchers are Pussies.......81 right on!
    uncle matty
  • Not having pitchers hit is like the flag football rule for the QBs in the NFL. Takes away from the game.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Watching baseball would not be the same for me without seeing Cliff Lee run out ground balls. Love it...if only J-Roll could take a cue from him
    sweetlew33 wrote:
    Watching baseball would not be the same for me without seeing Cliff Lee run out ground balls. Love it...if only J-Roll could take a cue from him
    I get it. I've been to a bunch of NL games and watch a few on TV. Just seems like most pitchers don't do much at the plate.
    sweetlew33 wrote:
    Watching baseball would not be the same for me without seeing Cliff Lee run out ground balls. Love it...if only J-Roll could take a cue from him
    I love Cliff's competitiveness but let's not forget game 2 of 2011 NLDS when he didn't come through. Jimmy zones out at times but he's been pretty clutch for the Phillies, i. e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AzHN_ES5a8
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i'm indifferent however, my take is that the pitcher position is completely different in usage ... the pitcher is essentially involved in 100% of the plays while on defense with varying degrees of impact ... it's why they only play every 5 days or so ...

most pitchers aren't allowed to steal and often are up there to bunt ... which is fine i suppose ... but the majority of pitchers aren't really batters and it's pretty much considered a mark against a pitcher if he can't get the other pitcher out ...

sure, there are exceptions .. but the majority of pitchers in the NL are rally killers ...