Sick Days

2»

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I took bereavement leave once, when I asked for it, they started grilling me, "who died? Were you close to them? Where do they live? Are you going to the funeral? etc etc" :x

Then a year later they changed it, you could only take bereavement when an 'immediate family member' passes, so only blood related siblings, parents or grandparents. No 'steps'.

i just emailed my boss and said my mum died. him and his wife showed up at the funeral.

then i came in and told him my dad died. his wife showed up for visitation.

that was nice of them.
    When my dad died, my former supervisor at the workplace from hell came to the funeral, along with another co-worker. That really meant a lot to me.

My supervisor at the time said something like "I haven't talked to my dad in years so I really don't know what it's like to lose a father." :shock:

Like I said, terrible place to work.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • shep wrote:
    One of my co-workers recently had a child where his wife had complications the last trimester and he needed to take extended time off when the baby was born in order for his wife and child to recover from the birthing process.

Basically he needed the time to look after his 3 year old with his wife and newborn both in the hospital.... the company fought him tooth and nail on the issue... he wound up using all of his vacation for the year and they gave him 3 days of "compassionate leave".... he was pissed...
    Wow. That was big of them. :roll:

So weird how different employers handle things.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,197
    I currently have 249 hrs of PTO time to use this yr the most i can have is 315 hrs anything over that it goes into a time bank wich i can get cashed out at time of retirement or if i resign from the job ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I get 13 days of vacation this year (down from my usual 15) 10 paid holidays, and 6 sick days.

we also got 2 hours paid each quarter for doc appointments.

yes, usually (last year being the exception) I use every single second of it.

When I first started there, the boss said "It's your time to do with as you please"

Seldom am I sick when taking a sick day though. I tend to tough it out at work when sick, unless i'm contagious, and use my sick days for when i feel like taking a gun to work. :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel