How long before a trip away with the girlfriend?

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey all,

So I have been going out with this girl now for nearly 4 months. I am going away to Europe, my first trip overseas. Firstly, to catch a big sporting event and then to see some of Europe.

Now my girlfriend has expressed interest in going, but we both have our hesitations for obvious reasons. We are both excited, nervous, scared about the prospect.

How long did it take you before you went away with a boyfriend/girlfriend. We are looking at about 6 weeks to 2 months...

I am like 65% we should do it 35% unsure. I think she is probably more like 55% sure 45% unsure.
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Life is too short, go for it :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Men Love Blondes...Marry Brunettes.. and go trip abroad with Redheads..

if she is Readhead take her with you..listen to the Greeky..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I like this response...

close the thread :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Men Love Blondes...Marry Brunettes.. and go trip abroad with Redheads..

Haha.. .what if I told you she was half greeky?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:

Haha.. .what if I told you she was half greeky?
    Run and dont look back..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    smart women is the best thing happen to this planet..period..
    ...how not to love them.. 8-)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286

Thats frickin hysterical.

mmmm. I still say go for it.

If you seriously feel in your gut it's a bad idea then :nono:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • hanjennihanjenni Posts: 174
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I like this response...

close the thread :)

:thumbup:

Also, down the road and you are still together...would you look back and regret that you didn't take this trip together? I think so! So experience this with each other :-)
    "How I choose to feel,... Is how I am."

after 20 years of waiting: EV Fox Theatre Detroit-6/26/11;Alpine Valley-9/3/11 & 9/4/11;Toronto-9/11/11;Music Midtown-8/22/12;London, Ontario-7/16/13;Wrigley Field, Chicago-7/19/13
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Dude, take her and go have a fucken blast! If it doesn't work out, oh well, at least you know. And if it ruins your trip, don't sweat, pj will be in Europe playing festivals next year so you can go again!

Unless you're going with your boys. Then I say leave her here while you go. It never works when you go to Europe with your boys and you bring a gf. It always ends up a disaster. My 2 cents
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Hey all,

So I have been going out with this girl now for nearly 4 months. I am going away to Europe, my first trip overseas. Firstly, to catch a big sporting event and then to see some of Europe.

Now my girlfriend has expressed interest in going, but we both have our hesitations for obvious reasons. We are both excited, nervous, scared about the prospect.

How long did it take you before you went away with a boyfriend/girlfriend. We are looking at about 6 weeks to 2 months...

I am like 65% we should do it 35% unsure. I think she is probably more like 55% sure 45% unsure.
    wow 6 weeks to 2 months ... that's a test
    if you are even considering that just do it...
    hoping for the time of your lives. :D
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209

THIS
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Buy an open ticket just in case.
  • Dated my gf (now wife) for 8-9 months and took her to Costa Rica for a 2 week vacation. We fought a number of times on the trip (almost unavoidable on vacation for some reason?) and going through that process actually was very good for us. We learned some of our boundaries and "real" sides that we may have covered up when spending weekends/nights together.
    It was on this trip that I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her....we have been together ever since (nearly 15 years.)

If you think you can survive in close quarters (meaning you can go through arguments, apologize/forgive, have make up sex (woo-hoo!) and be closer for it) then go for it. All a matter of how you feel -- my two cents would be to 'go for it' and you will have a memorable experience either way. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • shepshep Posts: 5,762
    i've been going out with my girlfriend 5 years, we've been living together 4 of them, and I still try and leave her home whenever I take a trip.... :lol:

but there's reasons for that... when I'm on vacation I like to take in as much as I can, run around see all the sites in a new city... her preferred vacation is to sit on a beach and do absolutely nothing - which is not at all my style.

6 weeks to 2 months in close quarters without escape would make me crazy though... I can't deal with anyone that much - friends, girlfriend, parents, brother - i like my alone time and need escape....

but hey, you're not me, maybe it'll go well!

but as someone else said, if you're going with the boys - leave the GF at home. 8-)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it depends ... what is the purpose of your relationship? ... if it's to find a partner in life, then traveling is a great way of seeing what people really are ... it's as an honest form of expression as it gets ... depending on how often you guys see each other now ... there is still probably a lot you don't know about each other ... traveling will expose a bit of that ...

if you are in a relationship for less serious reasons ... you can still go with her but you have to have thick skin ...
  • 3 weeks... Took her to a beach vacation
    6 weeks ... To wine country
    7 weeks ... To a company conference in Florida
    12 weeks To her parents
    60 weeks Honeymoon in Africa
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pix? :P

if she is into doing teh same stuff, take her. just know, you'll have to make the trip more about her than the sporting event.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg