Options

USB Albums

RC242143RC242143 Posts: 52
edited February 2013 in The Porch
A few artists have started to release albums on USB drives with extra stuff like photos, album art etc. on specially designed USB drives the past few years. Was wondering why more bands don't do it. I would think that if PJ did a re-release of all their albums with bonus content and most importantly a cool USB design that it would do pretty well. It seems like USB drives are getting cheaper all the time so I would think it would make a good business model.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited February 2013
    been doing it for years...even the beatles released a USB stick/apple with tons of stuff on it:

"The exquisitely crafted, apple-shaped USB drive is loaded with the critically acclaimed re-mastered audio for The Beatles' 14 stereo titles, as well as all of the re-mastered CDs visual elements, including 13 mini-documentary films about the studio albums, replicated original UK album art, rare photos and expanded liner notes. A specially designed Flash interface has been installed, and the 16MB USB's audio and visual contents will be provided in FLAC 44.1 Khz 24 bit and MP3 320 Kbps formats"

its cool as hell

http://www.amazon.com/The-Beatles-USB/dp/B002VH7P4O
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    That would be a cool way to deliver the next album in its "exclusive Ten Club format."
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    GREAT IDEA!!!
    I would LOVE this...especially if it came along with the VINYL!!!
    Include a USB drive in place of the normal MP3 download codes that come with most vinyl releases.
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    RC242143 wrote:
    A few artists have started to release albums on USB drives with extra stuff like photos, album art etc. on specially designed USB drives the past few years. Was wondering why more bands don't do it. I would think that if PJ did a re-release of all their albums with bonus content and most importantly a cool USB design that it would do pretty well. It seems like USB drives are getting cheaper all the time so I would think it would make a good business model.

From the band/record company point of view its a waste of money. Digital downloads make the usb irrelevant for music.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    RC242143RC242143 Posts: 52
    So I went back and looked at this thread a few weeks ago and got this notification from Bing through their new AI program last week. I was scrambling to the Pearl Jam website to see if this was legit and was disappointed that it appears it is fake. Definitely a lot of detail in this though. I guess Bing knows how to trick me into falling for their tricks when the AI apocalypse comes!  

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    ^ Don't believe this was ever sold @ the 10club store.