Options

So we splurged and got a Tempur-pedic bed

MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Holy Shit. What a difference from our old bed.

3 nights in a row that I haven't woke up with a screaming back.
"Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    the wife and I have been thinking about getting one of these for the last 6 months but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Sounds like you would say they are worth the price.
    The wife's back does act up and thats why we are thinking of it
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    I've had one for about 10 years now. I love everything about it
    EXCEPT that it provides very little leverage or "pushback" when doing...
    well, let me just say "other activities".
    :lol:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Check out Bob's furniture for the Bob o' pedic.......Same bed 1/2 the price!!!
    uncle matty
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Check out Bob's furniture for the Bob o' pedic.......Same bed 1/2 the price!!!
    I'm pretty sure Bob's is a Northeast US furniture chain.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    I've always wanted one but my wife convinces me that I'll be hot. She says the foam retains body heat and I like to be cold when I sleep. Any truth to that??
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    yes, these beds are amazing, but expensive. You can find a bed that is as good for about $1000 less if you shop around, with temperpedic beds you are partly paying for a name.

as for bob o pedic beds, they are comfortable, but cheaply made, they will not last nearly as long as a quality built bed.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I've always wanted one but my wife convinces me that I'll be hot. She says the foam retains body heat and I like to be cold when I sleep. Any truth to that??

I slept on one in a hotel, and did not like it. The beds need to 'warm up' before they start to conform to your body, so I kept rolling over before it would conform because I like cooler beds, just couldn't get comfy. Finally fell asleep from exhaustion, and woke up all sweaty.

I would highly suggest you look for a hotel near your town that has those beds, and spend the night in one. Just to try it out. You won't get the full effect from the 'test drive' in the showroom.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

I've discussed getting one with the significant other a couple of times... I think when we replace the existing bed (in the next 2-3 years) we're going to make the switch.

I have been told by many friends/relatives that have made the switch that you will absolutely loathe the bed for about the first 30 days. Especially it you are a stomach sleeper like myself. Apparently it will take some time for your body to get used to the different support and adjust to find a new preferred sleeping position - however, by almost everyone I have discussed this with, after about 30 days, they say they get a better nights sleep now, that they sleep in the correct position (i.e. on your back instead of on your stomach or your side), and that they are less achy in general.

I have not heard any complaints about anyone being "hot". In fact, after they've gotten adjusted to the bed, I've never heard complaints from anyone.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    I need a new bed pretty badly. I've had mine forever and it's sagging in the middle...my back hurts now too! :x

I know nothing about beds and the idea of bed shopping seems awful! I'm not really a fan of the foam/tempur pedic beds....

It is pretty amazing at how f'n expensive beds are!
  • Options
    yes, these beds are amazing, but expensive. You can find a bed that is as good for about $1000 less if you shop around, with temperpedic beds you are partly paying for a name.

as for bob o pedic beds, they are comfortable, but cheaply made, they will not last nearly as long as a quality built bed.
    I agree, we would have gotten one of the Sealy line since they were running a sale king for the price of a queen.

The tempurpedic we got a hella deal on all because it had a couple of scuffs on the side of the mattress. Like $1400 off.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I found the tempur-pedic beds a little hot for myself. I will swear by the sleep-by-number beds forever. My wife likes a soft bed, and I don't, perfect solution. Also, since it's air based, it will last much longer.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23