Fans that Appreciated the Coheadlined shows!

krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I see much attention has been brought to the other side of this incredible oppertunity, i would like to shed the postitives on it!

I was in "pre-game warmup mode" (drinking at a local bar) when the bartender asked us what we were in town for and I told him. He responded that it was an interesting pairing and I agreed with him.
I knew that the Petty fans would have a hard time with Pearl Jam but I know that Pearl Jam fans have a more "diverse" ear as far as music goes.

I thought that first night at St. Paul was great, the energy and intensity was excellent and wouldnt trade it for the world.

I have grown up listening to Petty before Pearl Jam to be quite honest but that certianly dosent mean that I am a fan and I didnt think twice about getting a ticket, even when I heard that they may only do a 90 minute show, after all I have waited 3 years for this oppertunity.

thanks for everything, keep up the great work everyone!
East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I think it's a great idea. Sure, they aren't playing the typical show, but they are playing about the same amount of time as Tom Petty, right? And, you get two shows in each city. Expensive, but worth it. Not to mention it's fuckin' Tom Petty!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    drew0 wrote:
    I think it's a great idea. Sure, they aren't playing the typical show, but they are playing about the same amount of time as Tom Petty, right? And, you get two shows in each city. Expensive, but worth it. Not to mention it's fuckin' Tom Petty!

That was my opinion until I watched Tom Petty bust almost the exact same set in back to back St. Paul Shows, it kind of dampered my mood knowing that PJ would have blew the roof off the place given the extra time
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    some people(me) still beleive that the pairing of tom petty and pearl jam is one of the coolest things to happen in awhile. kudos to tom petty for asking some of his heros out for this, his last, BIG tour. TPAH, 30 years young, and still cranking out the tunes. us PJ fans can be so lucky...

i didn't get to see petty and pj, BUT this summer, i get to see this triple bill

dereks trucks band
    allman brothers band
    tom petty and the heartbrakers

$45 lawn tickets

my glass is way more than just 1/2 full
  • denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    You "know that Pearl Jam fans have a more diverse ear for music." WTF are you talking about?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    denverfan wrote:
    You "know that Pearl Jam fans have a more diverse ear for music." WTF are you talking about?

I guess I was talking to the other 99.999999% of the fanbase that had a measureable IQ, sorry to bother you, just keep trying to spell words in your Cherrios and leave the important stuff to the rest of us!
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • KlezPoxKlezPox Posts: 7
    krobbinz wrote:
    I guess I was talking to the other 99.999999% of the fanbase that had a measureable IQ, sorry to bother you, just keep trying to spell words in your Cherrios and leave the important stuff to the rest of us!

You can start with the words "measureable" and "cherrio".

Don't be a dick.
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I wish I could have made it to one of these shows.. my only complaint is Tom Petty's setlists...kind of boring night after night...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone