:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    rival. wrote:
    hmm... i just went to the marathon's website and was greeted with this:

faceoff.jpg

:lol::lol:

OMG I thought I would never have to see that god-awful thing again!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    paying money to run :fp:

paying money to run 26.2 miles :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    tech.jpg
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Bank of America Chicago Marathon officials said the registration system for the Oct. 13 race will not reopen this week.

They could not give a time or date when the system would be running again.

The online registration system crashed within minutes of opening Tuesday at noon, ran intermittently for a while and was shut down by the embarrassing snafu about four hours later.

Some 1,5000 entry places remain. Nearly all of those people who sent in duplicate entries because the system did not clearly indicate acceptance of the first already have had their money refunded, the race organization said.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Maybe a lottery to gain entry into the race
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

it's the only fair way :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

no kidding, I think that is how the NYC marathon entries are done
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm no expert by any means, but don't you have to qualify for the New York marathon? Is there a lottery after that? A friend of mine ran the NY race, he said he had to run under some time to gain entry.

All I know is, I'm not running the thing
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm no expert by any means, but don't you have to qualify for the New York marathon? Is there a lottery after that? A friend of mine ran the NY race, he said he had to run under some time to gain entry.

All I know is, I'm not running the thing

friend of mine runs it too, and I know she had to run a certain number of qualifying races, then I think (not entirely sure) she had to apply for it and then they pick by lottery as there is always way more people that want to do it than they can allow.

maybe 81 can look it up since its his thread
  • paying money to run :fp:

paying money to run 26.2 miles :lol:

My thoughts exactly. Why do so many people want to pay to run 26.2 miles?!?? :lol::lol:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    beasties.jpg
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    I like to ask people with these 13.1 magnets on their card, if they are happy half-assing their way thru life
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• I like to ask people with these 13.1 magnets on their card, if they are happy half-assing their way thru life

Those people are the worst. The ones with the 26.2 stickers too. Are you that desperate to let everyone know that you ran a marathon???
    I like to ask people with these 13.1 magnets on their card, if they are happy half-assing their way thru life

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i wanna run people with the 13.1 26.2 52.4 and 104.8 stickers off the road. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580

:clap::clap::clap:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    81 wrote:

You guys really saw this one coming. Lottery for Chicago marathon entry announced yesterday.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    81 wrote:

You guys really saw this one coming. Lottery for Chicago marathon entry announced yesterday.

Is this something you can flip? I may enter the lottery and try and make an easy 2 G's from someone more athletic than me
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Is this something you can flip? I may enter the lottery and try and make an easy 2 G's from someone more athletic than me

i like how you think.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i like how you think.

From the marathon boards:

Runner 1 - I just picked up an entry for $1599 :D

Runner 2 - the race is in 7 months, prices are going to drop

Runner 1 - I talked him down from 2 grand. Scalpers have all the entries. What was I to do, I want to run.

Runner 2 - you should have showed up the day of the race. Entries will be available. I plan on checking every bar and pizza joint. Should get one cheap from some fat ass who wanted to make a buck
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

:lol::lol:

runner forum. :think:

troll...you idiots pay to run 26.2 miles....that's a waste of good beer money son
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

No shit, no matter how long the distance - just go out and run. Do you need my praise and/or approval? Does it even need to be organized so you get a number and a timer? WTF.

Lace up --> run
    There were 36,000 entries for the remaining 15,000 spots when the lottery entry period for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon closed Thursday night.

All who entered will be notified of their status Tuesday by 2 p.m. CST. Those selected will have until Thursday at 9 p.m. CST to complete their registration.

The registration website had crashed intermittently after being opened at noon Feb. 19. Marathon officials suspended the first-come, first-served registration about four hours into the process and decided nine days later to use an online lottery to complete the registration process for the Oct. 13 race.

There were originally 45,000 available spots in the race. Some 30,000 entries had been successfully allocated despite the problems.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

No shit, no matter how long the distance - just go out and run. Do you need my praise and/or approval? Does it even need to be organized so you get a number and a timer? WTF.

Lace up --> run

But ... I want a medal ... :(
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:

Lace up --> run

And you deserve one...
    kw18 wrote:

Lace up --> run

And you deserve one...

Awww ... thanks! :thumbup:

:lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."