What kind of phone do you have?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    mickeyrat said:

RKCNDY said:

Losiento said:

I hate cell phones. Own a landline. "Don't call us... we'll call you." .

Funny thing, we still have a landline. Not sure why, I just feel weird getting rid of it. :\">
    RKCNDY, that phone would look perfect in my mid century modern house.
    yeah, I thought there would be a land line outlet somewhere...my house is 98 years old-maybe I have to look harder for it.

Currently awaiting the reviews on KitKat. I like the HTC One, but I also hear Nokia is coming out with an Android phone and Nokia is my favorite manufacturer.
    square jack with screw terminals on it or 4 pin plug. Doubt they would have left those in though. Check the basement near the Elec panel. See if the is still a phone block with the thumb screw terms.
    they might have taken it out...the electrical panel is new-er. (they jacked it though...the kitchen living room and bathroom are all on the same circuit. :eyeroll:)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    edited January 2014

My house has one of those phone shelves built into the wall. For the days when people only had one phone.

i want to see a photo of that!!
    D, just for you! Here is the phone shelf:

You will often find them in houses built in the 1930s and 40s. A place for your phone and a shelf underneath for the phone book.

We don't keep a phone there so ours usually looks like this:

RKCNDY's phone would look perfect there. :)
    Post edited by Who Princess on
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    RKCNDY said:

mickeyrat said:

RKCNDY said:

Losiento said:

I hate cell phones. Own a landline. "Don't call us... we'll call you." .

Funny thing, we still have a landline. Not sure why, I just feel weird getting rid of it. :\">
    RKCNDY, that phone would look perfect in my mid century modern house.
    yeah, I thought there would be a land line outlet somewhere...my house is 98 years old-maybe I have to look harder for it.

Currently awaiting the reviews on KitKat. I like the HTC One, but I also hear Nokia is coming out with an Android phone and Nokia is my favorite manufacturer.
    square jack with screw terminals on it or 4 pin plug. Doubt they would have left those in though. Check the basement near the Elec panel. See if the is still a phone block with the thumb screw terms.
    they might have taken it out...the electrical panel is new-er. (they jacked it though...the kitchen living room and bathroom are all on the same circuit. :eyeroll:)
    Room in the panel to correct that? Add a couple gfci breakers for kitchen and bath? Curious though, how many total outlets between the three?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

yes it would!

mickeyrat said:

Room in the panel to correct that? Add a couple gfci breakers for kitchen and bath? Curious though, how many total outlets between the three?

something like 16 outlets total...5 GFCIs between the kitchen and bathroom...is that an electrical fire waiting to happen?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    RKCNDY said:

yes it would!

mickeyrat said:

something like 16 outlets total...5 GFCIs between the kitchen and bathroom...is that an electrical fire waiting to happen?
    RKCNDY said:

yes it would!

mickeyrat said:

Possible if shit was plugged into all of them and pulling juice at the same time. If memory serves it's no more than 6 outlets per circuit. Look up local code though . That right there tells me it wasnt done by a pro. Unlikely a certifed licensed electrician would do that.Number of gfci doesn't matter for that just so long as the wet locations are gfci.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

My house has one of those phone shelves built into the wall. For the days when people only had one phone.

i want to see a photo of that!!
    D, just for you! Here is the phone shelf:

You will often find them in houses built in the 1930s and 40s. A place for your phone and a shelf underneath for the phone book.

sweet!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”