Options

Robert Plant "Has Nothing to do in 2014"

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,946
edited February 2013 in Other Music
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ion-tease/

Passing the buck to Jimmy and JPJ!

:shock:

Could this be happenin :?:
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    I think they could rock shit again and make a record!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I better start saving for tickets now then!
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    I better start saving for tickets now then!

I'll have to hit up the kids' 529 plans. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I think they could rock shit again and make a record!!!

I'd settle for just seeing them live playin Zeppelins hit's live. I was born 2 years after Bonham died so I didn't have a chance. This would be my crowning concert experience. EVER!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I'm all for them touring if they want, and would be first in line for tickets, but part of me wants Page to give him a big "fuck you". Seems kinda fishy that this comes up a month or 2 after Page mentions new music and some live playing towards the end of this year. Seems like Plant is on a power trip and is using the fact that Page actually loves playing Zeppelin tunes to his advantage.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My mom has seen them. My dad saw them twice. Hoping I get to have my chance, though I do think it's a long shot. But this remark definitely makes me :). Hopefully, HOPEFULLY something will come of it!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    wether a tour happens (hopefully so!) or not...still a sweet interview...

http://youtu.be/AT-diR6gPAw
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    this would be the hottest ticket EVER. they'd sell out Wrigley if they did a 5 night stand!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    This is the one concert I thought would never, ever ever happen. I seriously would hand over a blank check for a ticket...once in a lifetime experience to see this happen. I'd sell off my entire PJ collection in a heartbeat if needed.

Haven't heard this great of news in years.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,256
    Theres no doubt that this would be the biggest tour ever in rock music. But I cant see it happening - Page is 70 next year. Having said that, if Plant is up for it, I'm sure the rest of them could be persuaded. I'd love to hear some new music from them - the stuff Page, Jones and JB recorded after the 2007 reunion. I'd love it if that stuff saw the light of day.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Seems kinda fishy that this comes up a month or 2 after Page mentions new music and some live playing towards the end of this year.

That's exciting enough on it's own... I've love to see Page playing live with anyone. Have you got a link to that interview?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    DewieCox wrote:
    I'm all for them touring if they want, and would be first in line for tickets, but part of me wants Page to give him a big "fuck you". Seems kinda fishy that this comes up a month or 2 after Page mentions new music and some live playing towards the end of this year. Seems like Plant is on a power trip and is using the fact that Page actually loves playing Zeppelin tunes to his advantage.

Kind of what I thought too, after all this time, now he would be open to a tour? But of course if they do play some shows, I'll be at one.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    count me in :D
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I listened to this bit of news this morning - how wonderful if it really happens and I better start saving now for the my ticket... :mrgreen:

I love it - " nothing to do for 2014 "
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    JimNastics wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Seems kinda fishy that this comes up a month or 2 after Page mentions new music and some live playing towards the end of this year.

That's exciting enough on it's own... I've love to see Page playing live with anyone. Have you got a link to that interview?

Sorry, no I don't. It was in some of the Celebration Day/Kennedy Honors interviews. I was reading so much stuff from the 3 of them that I couldn't guess where I read that.
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 895
    Cant see it happening but would be awsome
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Could this be? Would be wonderful if it is. They are on top of my list of bands to see, even though I don't get my hopes up too high...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 456
    Zep will never do another show. That ship has sailed. But, I will see plant in any capacity. The band of joy shows were amazing as were the ones with krauss.
    Plant is apparently spending much of his time in austin recently. He's made a few cameos at small venues with local bands and been seen hanging out downtown recently by several of my friends.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    DewieCox wrote:

Yes i agree Plant has come off as a pumpus old gizzerd and now hi's changing hi's tune but i would be right behind you for tickets ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,256
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."