This gorgeous beast will be here later this week

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
edited March 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ordered a Dr. Z Maz Jr NR the other day. Gonna dump my Marshall and a few records, but the payoff should be well worth it.

image.php?lang=en&identifier=id&size=thumb15&module=product&product_id=133745
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's awesome! Let us know how it sounds!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • hope she sounds as good as she looks.

i don't think i have ever seen an amp finished in that color. looks pretty sweet.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    i don't think i have ever seen an amp finished in that color. looks pretty sweet.

Yeah, they're definitely not common and even if they were it's a really sweet color. This is from their website.

Why are you the only dealer that sells the Dr. Z amps in Surf Green

This goes back several years. If you've browsed our website much, you'll know that we're in love with retro greens. We stock unique pedals from Diamond, Keeley, Dr. Scientist, and others, that we had special runs made in Surf or Seafoam green. We have the *only* Surf Green MESA Boogie amps ever made coming to us now. In our store, we stock all the Surf Green Fender guitars we can get our hands on. We admit, we're a little silly about it. As for the Dr. Z's, we tried for a couple years to get them to do a couple amps in Surf Green, but they were adamant about sticking to the Black, Red, and Blonde colors. After much begging and pleading, Dr. Z reluctantly said he'd be open to the idea as long as we committed to a respectable quantity, which made sense to us since we knew he didn’t want to get into special one off runs for everyone and their brother. Then we found out another problem... New Surf Green tolex didn't exist. . A quick search in forums back then showed the demand was there, but no one could find any. Fender's last run on the Bronco finish was done many years ago, and no one had stocked it in a decade or longer. We contacted the primary tolex manufacturer, and they wanted 36 beams of tolex minimum to run a custom color. That's $10,000 in tolex. Yes. Ten thousand dollars! So... We partnered with Mojo Supply on an order and split it.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Holy fuckballs!! does this thing sound amazing. Was short a speaker cable the first day and couldn't run it into my first speaker choice of my 2 1x12 cubes loaded with Celestion blues and had to "settle" for the speakers in my Marshall combo...a couple Warehouse speakers, a Green Beret(Greenback) and a Reaper 55hz(G12H). With that speaker combo it blew me away and absolutely smoked anything else I've ever played through. Really couldn't believe how dimensional and glorious the amps is with those speakers. They're great, but I just love the sound of my AlNiCos.

Now the real test came last night at band practice and crank the that level of blown away-ness up 4 or 5 notches. With the Blues it's just perfect. At one point I was showing off the EQ bypass footswitch and we were figuring out exactly which controls it took out of the equation. I'm usually really picky about my eq settings, but when he finished he said he had no idea what the settings were, but a few strums and licks and I decided it sounded really good and just rolled with it. I was expecting to find pretty similar settings to what I normally use, but they really couldn't have been more different. Harmonics just explode and the way this thing sustains is something to behold.

The thing looks stunning and the build quality is just something else. The only difference between mine and the one above, instead of the green panel on the front above the controls, it's got tan/black weave. Almost as pretty to look at as it is to play and I haven't even opened it up to check the guts, which I'm sure are impeccable.

Couldn't be happier.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    nice! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • wish i could play well enough to warrant getting gear like that. it's awesome.. well done :thumbup:
    the very welcome storm
  • wish i could play well enough to warrant getting gear like that. it's awesome.. well done :thumbup:

Wait a minute I have to be good to purchase hand wired amps? Crap, i guess i need to return some items.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/

Wait a minute I have to be good to purchase hand wired amps? Crap, i guess i need to return some items.

lol. (me too)

just remember to leave the goddamn standby switch on until it warms up.
    seriously.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • you're both so smug, i guess your 'music' reflects that too. lol
    the very welcome storm