Everybody I know is sick!!

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,670
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Oh, I know, you thought I meant sick like twisted. Well, I suppose some of them are like that too. You know who you are! :lol:

But seriously, practically everybody I know here in northern California has had a cold or flu bug sometime in the last few weeks. What's with that nonsense?!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Made its way west. Went through WI a month or so ago.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,670

These things do seem to make the rounds. Just tell me it's brief- I'm in day one of this things that's kind of a cross between a bad head cold and a mild flu bug. Good excuse to fart around on the forum, however! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Didn't I tell you to get a flu shot?

I'm fine, and you know me...

Take you vitamins :D
  • my throat started hurting today :( Hopefully it's just a cold. I get exposed to everything at my job :x
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • As yesterday went on...
    The shittier I felt...
    I ended up guzzling nyquil, and passing out.
    UGHHH, I hate feeling sick!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It's Dirty Franking
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Just getting done with another cold. Two this season that's more than usual, must be being
    back to work.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I asked my mom and she said it's a New Strain of highly contagious Norovirus circulating in the U.S.
    And her advice is for me to just keep washing my hands all day. I hope this information helps.

Jan 25, 2013 – Piggybacking off this year's influenza epidemic, a new strain of the highly contagious norovirus has reached the U.S. from Australia. The U.S. ...
    if anyone wants to read this article.

I don't know how long this link will work

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/25/n ... n-the-u-s/
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I never get the flu shot.
    I never take vitamins
    I never get sick. at the most a mild cold/nasal congestion.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    hydrogen peroxide.

haven't had a cold/soar throat last more than a couple days since i discovered gargling with this shit 5 years ago.
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,829
    my throat started hurting today :( Hopefully it's just a cold. I get exposed to everything at my job :x
    everything? :shock:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    my throat started hurting today :( Hopefully it's just a cold. I get exposed to everything at my job :x
    well not STDs, although I supposed that could be an option if I wanted to lose my job :? :nono: :lol:

but I have to walk through the waiting from of our health center at least 16 times a day...I've never gotten sick so much in my life since I started working here :fp:

• mickeyrat wrote:
    well not STDs, although I supposed that could be an option if I wanted to lose my job :? :nono: :lol:

but I have to walk through the waiting from of our health center at least 16 times a day...I've never gotten sick so much in my life since I started working here :fp:

Stop picking your nose
  • that really sucks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mickeyrat wrote:

Stop picking your nose
    I think you're projecting :fp: :nono: :lol: