Odd question but need help

DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
edited February 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone know anything about Banjo's? My wife inherited a Banjo last year from her mom after she passed away. It was my wife's grandfather's banjo. It's a Gibson and looks to be old. I found the serial number and from what I think I understand it's from either 34 or 35 but I'm not sure if I am reading it right.

If anyone could help me determine the age that would be great. We replaced the strings and the bridge as it was falling off. Other than that it is all original and in great shape. Could be worth 1,500 to 2,000 from what I hear just need to find the year it was made.
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    DURP wrote:
    Anyone know anything about Banjo's? My wife inherited a Banjo last year from her mom after she passed away. It was my wife's grandfather's banjo. It's a Gibson and looks to be old. I found the serial number and from what I think I understand it's from either 34 or 35 but I'm not sure if I am reading it right.

If anyone could help me determine the age that would be great. We replaced the strings and the bridge as it was falling off. Other than that it is all original and in great shape. Could be worth 1,500 to 2,000 from what I hear just need to find the year it was made.

Did you replace this yourself? You could have just lost 1500 to 2000.

Either way your wife scored big time if you want to sell it. Try 1900 to 48,000. don't mess with it anymore and get it appraised. For crying out loud. It's a Gibson!
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Did you replace this yourself? You could have just lost 1500 to 2000.

Either way your wife scored big time if you want to sell it. Try 1900 to 48,000. don't mess with it anymore and get it appraised. For crying out loud. It's a Gibson!
    Kalamazoo Gibson? (I'm partial to Kalamazoo since I'm from and living there)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy