Dave & Busters

peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So :lol:

Give me the lowdown on this place. I mean, it's like a Chuck E. Cheese's that sells steak, correct?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    It's got alcohol.. okay for a gathering. Food is offered.

My question:

I have 30,000 credits on a card for this place. I can exchange for a cheesey prize.

Do they expire?
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    It's got alcohol.. okay for a gathering. Food is offered.

My question:

I have 30,000 credits on a card for this place. I can exchange for a cheesey prize.

Do they expire?

And alcohol... that's right
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Don't have D&B here, closest one is 800 miles away. Though, we already have a Gameworks and Jillian's both have games and food.

Games are overpriced and food is bleh. Last time I was at GW, it was overrun by punk kids (high school age). Jillian's was alright, but it was a company party, so most games were free.

Probably more fun for college kids.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Don't have D&B here, closest one is 800 miles away. Though, we already have a Gameworks and Jillian's both have games and food.

Games are overpriced and food is bleh. Last time I was at GW, it was overrun by punk kids (high school age). Jillian's was alright, but it was a company party, so most games were free.

Everyone at my house says it looks like it's for people 35 and up :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Think applebee's food quality with a few games tossed in for entertainment.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:

That is exactly what makes it fun! I get invited to the Office parties... Free tokens and games.
    I feel like Owen Wilson from Wedding Crashers, but I crash office parties. Gameworks, Jillian's and Dave and Busters are owned by the same Corp...? The food is Gross..

So I need to be in college to have a good time?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:
    Applebee's. more like friendly's
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Excluding the mediocre food, Dave and Busters is probably good for a couple hours of fun.

Unless you are playing pool and drinking, then maybe a little longer.
  • RKCNDY wrote:

What's wrong with that? :evil: :x :evil:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • 81 wrote:

I guess I'll just go to applebee's
  • What's wrong with that? :evil: :x :evil:

Nothing... just not a place for college kids :lol:
    What's wrong with that? :evil: :x :evil:

:lol:

Before College or After College!
    Are the only times to go!!!!!!!!
  • What's wrong with that? :evil: :x :evil:

It's where old people go to party :lol:

Wait :think:

:nono:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If you have a good group of people this place is fun.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    STAYSEA wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That is exactly what makes it fun! I get invited to the Office parties... Free tokens and games.
    I feel like Owen Wilson from Wedding Crashers, but I crash office parties. Gameworks, Jillian's and Dave and Busters are owned by the same Corp...? The food is Gross..

No, its just that even though the places try to gear towards 'middle age' college kids tend to take over, they don't want to be stuck with the high school kuds at the arcade. Pretty much all areas are open to all ages, except for the bar. Jillian's charges by the hour for pool and has pro tables, so not that many college kids...they can't afford to play :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

No, its just that even though the places try to gear towards 'middle age' college kids tend to take over, they don't want to be stuck with the high school kuds at the arcade. Pretty much all areas are open to all ages, except for the bar. Jillian's charges by the hour for pool and has pro tables, so not that many college kids...they can't afford to play :lol:

I still don't understand, I go where I want. My niece turned 2... I had permission to go on any monkey Joe rides. I was ready to punch kids in the face if they messed with my little bro's daughter, I was the only one small enough to go with her. I love SKi BAll. I'm a grown adult, but DOES IT MATTER?????

I like games
    edited February 2013
    I didn't post this!
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    RKCNDY wrote:

...you realize how old most of us are right? :lol:

d and b blows.
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

I still don't understand, I go where I want. My niece turned 2... I had permission to go on any monkey Joe rides. I punched kids in the face when they messed with my little bro's daughter, I was the only one small enough to go with her. I love SKi BAll. I'm a grown adult, but DOES IT MATTER?????

I like punching kids in the face

i don't care how "small" you are, there is no excuse for any adult to punch a kid in the face. EVER. not cool.
    www.myspace.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It’s been years since I’ve been there to play games.

The CEO here likes to take us there for lunch once in a while. The only good thing about that is I get a free lunch.

The food is nothing to write home about.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    ...you realize how old most of us are right? :lol:

d and b blows.

This
  • I do like that game where you get balls and try over and over and over to get them in the hole. Persistence helps.
    then you get stings of tickets and feel good until it takes you an hour to count them all and you end up with a smurfette pez dispenser, and the pez is separate. damn hole game.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    It's good for gambling on skee ball.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i worked at one in NY for about two weeks in college, got written up for not selling enough of their signature long island ice teas (BUT YOU GET TO KEEP THE GLASS FOLKS!), tried explaining to the manager writting me up that 95% of the tables i have been serving were underage and couldn't order an alcoholic beverage.

for some reason it was a difficult logic for him to comprenend and he proceeded with the right up. finished my shift and never came back.

FUCK THAT PLACE! :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    There's a D&B right by my house. Been to both that one and the one downtown. I guess if you're shitfaced with a group of people it's fun, but honestly I stay away from that place. Half the time the best games are broken and during the day they allow kids...which kills my buzz :lol:

I'd much rather go to an ESPN Zone - there's one in Anaheim, much better games and food.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

I still don't understand, I go where I want. My niece turned 2... I had permission to go on any monkey Joe rides. I punched kids in the face when they messed with my little bro's daughter, I was the only one small enough to go with her. I love SKi BAll. I'm a grown adult, but DOES IT MATTER?????

I like punching kids in the face

i don't care how "small" you are, there is no excuse for any adult to punch a kid in the face. EVER. not cool.

I never posted ... "I like punching kids in the face"

Listen all y'all, I got Sabotaged! Very Funny ( :evil: )... who ever you are! (you've done this a few times recently...it's getting old)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    Are Dave & Busters all throughout the US or just the east coast like Wawa?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Are Dave & Busters all throughout the US or just the east coast like Wawa?
    They are all over.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    the kids had many a birthday party here that was fun for us too!
This discussion has been closed.