External Hard drives

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Mostly for backing up music and movies and some work files..... I've been meaning to do this for some time.

I guess 1TB is what I should go for, and what's a decent price to pay? Amazon has one for $75 seems like a good deal

Thx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Mostly for backing up music and movies and some work files..... I've been meaning to do this for some time.

I guess 1TB is what I should go for, and what's a decent price to pay? Amazon has one for $75 seems like a good deal

Thx
    I have a 1TB Western Digital. Works great! I think I payed $50-60 for it...was on sale at Best Buy. It's small too, about the size of a wallet.
    I back up all my files to it and I have my entire music collection on it.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    Thanks.... I guess gb are so last year ;)
  • Western Digital or Seagate. Fans of each will tell you the other sucks. Use two hard drives and make duplicate backups so WHEN one dies I still have the other. Remember it will fail at some point.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Western Digital or Seagate. Fans of each will tell you the other sucks. Use two hard drives and make duplicate backups so WHEN one dies I still have the other. Remember it will fail at some point.
    Yeah, I back up my PS3 data on my external too. I put in a 500GB into my PS3 (took out the original) and back it up ever so often. The external is cool too because I can plug it in to the PS3 and play all my tunes and videos on my TV and thru my stereo.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Western Digital or Seagate. Fans of each will tell you the other sucks. Use two hard drives and make duplicate backups so WHEN one dies I still have the other. Remember it will fail at some point.

I use both. And store them in separate places.

I just buy the one with more terabytes?

A strong magnet can cause it to fail! :lol:
  • STAYSEA wrote:

I use both. And store them in separate places.

I just buy the one with more terabytes?

A strong magnet can cause it to fail! :lol:

Yes keep away from refrigerator doors. :D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    This is silly! go With any WD over one terabyte . The more the merry.

I do suggest the Computer forums... for better advice. :D
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Mine is old like for or five years old 180gb but does what I need it to do hold my music and photos. I still have like 70 or 80 gb free so I'm in no rush to upgrade.
    My butt itches!