Options

No 2nd show please

13»

Comments

• Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    Im just saying alot of complaints of ticket system. Yes it sucks but if someone wants to go bad enough theres ways. I just dont want them to ruin the wrigley experience. Do you think if they had 2 shows at soldier field it would have been as special. No way soldier field was a once in a lifetime thing.

god forbit them adding a second show for their fans who werent able to go to the first show, ruin your experience, it not like you wouldnt hear/see them anyways and Im sure both nights if they were to add a second would be epic....they played 4 shows in philly in one week, and It didnt seem to ruin the experience for anyone that went....you are coming off sounding like a dick
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    GetRight13 wrote:
    Im just saying alot of complaints of ticket system. Yes it sucks but if someone wants to go bad enough theres ways. I just dont want them to ruin the wrigley experience. Do you think if they had 2 shows at soldier field it would have been as special. No way soldier field was a once in a lifetime thing.

god forbit them adding a second show for their fans who werent able to go to the first show, ruin your experience, it not like you wouldnt hear/see them anyways and Im sure both nights if they were to add a second would be epic....they played 4 shows in philly in one week, and It didnt seem to ruin the experience for anyone that went....you are coming off sounding like a dick

You still have to win the lottery again if they have a second show.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Indeed you would
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Eh, my travel plans are already made. We are getting into town Thursday just in case but if it is any other night I would probably have to miss.

At this point I do not expect it to happen. Maybe a club show at the Vic or something but I think they are one and done at Wrigley.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    corduroykellycorduroykelly Posts: 668
    edited February 2013
    I think this is a really dumb comment. A second show means more people can see pearl jam, and your saying that's a bad thing? I hope you lose your tickets somehow! Then you'll be bitching for a second show.
    Post edited by corduroykelly on
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 443
    Yeah, that second night of PJ20 sure made the event way less special. :roll:
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    yea it really urks me when people who were lucky enough to get tickets, go on to complain, second show or not be lucky you got them, dont come on here and complain that a second show will ruin your experience :nono:
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    I just don't want a second show because my flight lands at 5:45 Thursday, and it would be impossible for me to get to Wrigley on time. :lol:
    People, there is not going to be a second show. But if there were, it would be awesome. I can't believe anyone would actively hope against it. Pretty ridiculous, sorry.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Again philly was a good time im pretty sure there were also opening bands. Im even thinking there were more dates on that "tour" . Its a simple opinion that allot of you struggle with. I personally like and feel that the shows they do which stand alone from the rest of them "an evening with pearljam" are usually better than a regular show especially these days. I was at pj20 and was disappointed. I think alpine would have been way better if it would have been one show .
    :lol: I just can't believe you think people aren't agreeing with you because we're too stupid or simpleminded to understand where you're coming from. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GetRight13 wrote:

The shows in Philly only actually got better as they went along (judging from the boots and full length videos and reports from those who went to all of them).

Thinking that PJ wouldn't on two amazing shows in a row at the same venue isn't giving very much credit to the band.
  • Options
    Ha im just messing with everyone i dont even have tickets....just trying to get you guys to quit whining....it worked lol I too was shut out yesterday but will still buy the boot
    Wow.
    Worst thread ever.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents and don't want to sound like I am whining ... just making a comment :angel: .... being from Chicago and getting shut out of all pre-sales and again on Saturday thru the public sale. I just refuse to pay these crazy asking prices ... http://www.theticketbucket.com/search/Pearl%20Jam%20Wrigley Then again ... people are paying for them ... go God Bless (I guess?).

In my own city , still can't understand how if I try to sell a ticket in front of the stadium for $1 more than Face Value (but less than what I acutually I paid for them with shipping/handling/TM fees) I get arrested? But these scalpers, StubHub, etc, who are selling for crazy amounts more can get away with this so easily? You would think the city -or- at least the same officers that would arrest me for selling such a ticket for $1 more than face value in front of the stadium would look into this?

But off that tangent...... If there is a 2nd show ... it will definitely drive these prices down for sure. When Springsteen sold out the 1st night at Wrigley last year, tickets were crazy expensive. When they announced a 2nd show .... tickets went down on StubHub big time! Luckily, I got a GA thru Tickets.com website while waiting in the 'Waiting Room' for 5 min! But people that went both nights said the 2nd show was even more special with the rain and crowd. So I guess it could be special both nights .. but understand why people would think by having only 1 show would make it more intimate and special. But if they did play two ... it would be a Thursday night or Sunday night? I have to follow Ernie Banks on this one and say ... 'Let's Play 2!'
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Ha im just messing with everyone i dont even have tickets....just trying to get you guys to quit whining....it worked lol I too was shut out yesterday but will still buy the boot
    Wow.
    Worst thread ever.

Yeah, its a pretty selfish, self centered thing to say. Honestly it doesn't even make sense. Thats like saying I only want to make love once on my honeymoon, so it will be more special.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.