Options

Relax and reflect

DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
edited February 2013 in The Porch
So everyone is pissed and I get that. Am I disapointed yeah but it's not going to ruin my life. I fully expected to be disappointed today so there is that.

Of course I really wanted to go to this show but it's not in my cards. For whatever reason I dunno maybe I pissed off the tickets gods or maybe I'm just meant to never go to a baseball stadium. Whatever the reason is I don't care. It's over and done with.

A fall tour seems to be ahead and I will try for a couple of shows then. If I get one or two yay if not that sucks but whatever. I've seen PJ three times and EV once no matter what I will always have those memories if for some reason I never get to see them live again.

A lot people have double digits for their shows some are in the triple digits. Not going to one show is not the end of the world. I'm telling you that you can't be mad or upset but try to look at how fortunate you have been in the past. It's not the end of the world and tomorrow the sun will shine some of you have dig out of your house but you will be alive and this will pass.

I'm mostly disappointed with the sense of entitlement I feel that I am reading from many many many people on here. Just sit back relax and reflect on some of the great memories and shows you have been too.
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    DURP wrote:
    So everyone is pissed and I get that. Am I disapointed yeah but it's not going to ruin my life. I fully expected to be disappointed today so there is that.

Of course I really wanted to go to this show but it's not in my cards. For whatever reason I dunno maybe I pissed off the tickets gods or maybe I'm just meant to never go to a baseball stadium. Whatever the reason is I don't care. It's over and done with.

A fall tour seems to be ahead and I will try for a couple of shows then. If I get one or two yay if not that sucks but whatever. I've seen PJ three times and EV once no matter what I will always have those memories if for some reason I never get to see them live again.

A lot people have double digits for their shows some are in the triple digits. Not going to one show is not the end of the world. I'm telling you that you can't be mad or upset but try to look at how fortunate you have been in the past. It's not the end of the world and tomorrow the sun will shine some of you have dig out of your house but you will be alive and this will pass.

I'm mostly disappointed with the sense of entitlement I feel that I am reading from many many many people on here. Just sit back relax and reflect on some of the great memories and shows you have been too.
    You will get Wrigley tickets. Trust me on this. I've said this in a couple other threads already, but I think it bears repeating. Scalpers will be dumping tickets when the excitement dies down and the demand just isn't there for these tickets at the prices they're asking.
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I've never been to a PJ show and I seriously cannot even handle the thought of having to wait until a fall tour at this point. :cry::cry::cry:
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    DURP wrote:

You will get Wrigley tickets. Trust me on this. I've said this in a couple other threads already, but I think it bears repeating. Scalpers will be dumping tickets when the excitement dies down and the demand just isn't there for these tickets at the prices they're asking.

Meh I'm not worried about it I really am not. If I want to go I know I can double the face value but then I would be paying more for a hotel. I know people will get tixs if they really want them. I do want them but I don't like to support stubhub that site annoys me.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Agg wrote:
    I've never been to a PJ show and I seriously cannot even handle the thought of having to wait until a fall tour at this point. :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry man I really am. But look at it this way atleast there is going to be a fall tour and not just these two shows and done. I know it sucks but you will make it to a show.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    DURP wrote:
    Agg wrote:

Sorry man I really am. But look at it this way atleast there is going to be a fall tour and not just these two shows and done. I know it sucks but you will make it to a show.

I'm not a man, but thanks. :lol:
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    Agg wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Agg wrote:

I'm not a man, but thanks. :lol:

Oopps my fault. :lol:
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    I was really so sad and disappointed this morning when I didn't score the London or Wrigley tickets. However, after thinking about it more, I was able to reflect on concerts that I did attend, and how fortunate I was in the past. I am thinking that maybe for some reason or other, I am just not meant to be going to either London or Wrigley, and I will look forward to the upcoming announcement about the fall tour, hopefully soon!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    I was really so sad and disappointed this morning when I didn't score the London or Wrigley tickets. However, after thinking about it more, I was able to reflect on concerts that I did attend, and how fortunate I was in the past. I am thinking that maybe for some reason or other, I am just not meant to be going to either London or Wrigley, and I will look forward to the upcoming announcement about the fall tour, hopefully soon!

Best attitude to have.

Remember WE'RE FAITHFULL!
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

Yes there is a reason for everything... Who knows maybe if you wait for the fall tour you'll get to meet some very cool new friends? :);)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

Yes there is a reason for everything... Who knows maybe if you wait for the fall tour you'll get to meet some very cool new friends? :);)

Amen to that, my friend! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    DURP wrote:
    Agg wrote:

Sure be a fall tour...But, they will probably announce 5 shows....Then couple weeks later announce some more...Just so the tickets will be high demand...Since your taking a gamble on...If they will play in your area?..

Jeremy
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Agg wrote:

Sure be a fall tour...But, they will probably announce 5 shows....Then couple weeks later announce some more...Just so the tickets will be high demand...Since your taking a gamble on...If they will play in your area?..

Jeremy

I doubt that will happen. If it does that just means they are trying to piss off their fans. Take a deep breath and relax.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Sorry man I really am. But look at it this way atleast there is going to be a fall tour and not just these two shows and done. I know it sucks but you will make it to a show.[/quote]

Jeremy[/quote]

I doubt that will happen. If it does that just means they are trying to piss off their fans. Take a deep breath and relax.[/quote]

They pretty much done this for the avacodo tour...Do you think they care?...If they piss off the fans...Fans are still going to buy tickets..

jeremy
  • Options
    I'm not going to get in to a argument about the band caring or being greedy. I like to think the best of people no matter what. So continue to think they (pearl jam) are money hungry greedy fuckers all you want. Like I said many of us have been to multiple shows so announcing to the world you think PJ is a greedy band makes you look bad. Go out and drink or something let the anger go it's not worth it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    I'm not going to get in to a argument about the band caring or being greedy. I like to think the best of people no matter what. So continue to think they (pearl jam) are money hungry greedy fuckers all you want. Like I said many of us have been to multiple shows so announcing to the world you think PJ is a greedy band makes you look bad. Go out and drink or something let the anger go it's not worth it.

Fair enough...But, when you have seen a band change in a bad way...Upsets me...Sure, I have no control over it...

But, the band/pj management....Could make it so much easier on the fans...
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

Fair enough...But, when you have seen a band change in a bad way...Upsets me...Sure, I have no control over it...

Yeah they could have you're right about that. Hindsight is always 20/20 they could have announced the fall tour along with these two shows. 10c could have secured more tickets from Wrigley. But none of that happened.

Does it suck balls? Absolutely it does. But this is what we have to deal with now. Love it or hate it it's the system we have now so we all have to grind our teeth and deal with it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Yeah they could have you're right about that. Hindsight is always 20/20 they could have announced the fall tour along with these two shows. 10c could have secured more tickets from Wrigley. But none of that happened.

Does it suck balls? Absolutely it does. But this is what we have to deal with now. Love it or hate it it's the system we have now so we all have to grind our teeth and deal with it.

Thats fine...I won't deal with it...Unless they come to St.Louis...I just wont even try for tickets...I make it easy on myself..

jeremy