Options

a big FUCK YOU

Comments

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    ...god forbid i didnt realize my collar was up on the polo shirt

Hey. I took some pictures at the show. Is this you by any chance?

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/nukeboot/Pearl%20Jam/?action=view&current=collarup.jpg
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Mario2023Mario2023 Posts: 11
    nukeboot wrote:
    Hey. I took some pictures at the show. Is this you by any chance?

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/nukeboot/Pearl%20Jam/?action=view&current=collarup.jpg

This is a funny ass thread!! Popped Colla's!!! We have some free time. I don't think Jason needed to even explain himself. Pop your colla Rob Lowe!! lol! You won't catch me wearing one.
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    DeLukin wrote:
    Well said. By the way, your fly is down.
    you mean kennywood is open
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,770
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    You're a loser, please don't go to any more shows.

yeah....how dare he be pratical.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    to basecamp for not putting up the show yet!!!!!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    to the stuck up bitches in pittsburgh who managed to help me with my warddrobe malfunction...god forbid i didnt realize my collar was up on the polo shirt i had on because i was a lil tipsy and was there too see pearl jam not point out what people had on or how they were wearing it.....same dumbasses that went to the bathroom during black and left when they played keep on rockin in the free world....tell me you didnt pay for the tix please!

That was me and my friend ;)

"Popped" collars were only cool in the 80's. Can't even believe that shit is back again. Damn i must be getting old.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:
    Running around in a polo shirt with a popped collar, unfortunately, makes you look like a douchebag. That's my stance and my fashion $.02.

That's half of whats wrong in this fucking world. People care more about the clothes you have on your back than giving a shit about other people. Please don't tell me you'd let someone drown if they were wearing white after labour day.
    Want to be enlightened, like I want to be told the end.
  • Options
    BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    That was me and my friend ;)

"Popped" collars were only cool in the 80's. Can't even believe that shit is back again. Damn i must be getting old.

im 17 and see dumbass tools pulling this shit all the time. its stupid and youre not funny,
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    im 17 and see dumbass tools pulling this shit all the time. its stupid and youre not funny,

It was a joke, it wasn't me...like I give a shit what people wear!!!

Unlike yourself Jason is probably old enough to understand it was a joke too.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I'd never leave early at a show. NEVER!!!

my brother left early at the Irvine night 2 in 2003 and he feels like a douche bag cause Jack Irons came out and played drums on RITFW. I'll never let him forget that.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    LOL im dyin here i didnt know this would cause such a stir LOLOLOLOL
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    to the stuck up bitches in pittsburgh who managed to help me with my warddrobe malfunction...god forbid i didnt realize my collar was up on the polo shirt i had on because i was a lil tipsy and was there too see pearl jam not point out what people had on or how they were wearing it.....same dumbasses that went to the bathroom during black and left when they played keep on rockin in the free world....tell me you didnt pay for the tix please!

maybe they can help you spell, too.
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    That's half of whats wrong in this fucking world. People care more about the clothes you have on your back than giving a shit about other people. Please don't tell me you'd let someone drown if they were wearing white after labour day.

Yeah, I'd let them drown... give me a fucking break. It's funny how a simple statement about popped collars being lame all of a sudden turns you into a heartless asshole who kicks dogs and wouldn't piss on someone if they were on fire.

Take your "state of the world" soapbox the hell out of here.
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    i popped a boner at the concert and the girls noticed that too
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    maybe they can help you spell, too.

well youre the BRAIN smartass so maybe you can
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    the thing is i bought a shirt (the green one) and instead of carrying it i just put it on under my other shirt and didnt realize when i put the polo back on the collar was popped......pregaming and doublefisting the beers right when i walked in the door can do that to your judgement haha

your hair looks good though, i've seen your pic before. at least you don't have a mullet like others in pittsburgh :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    your hair looks good though, i've seen your pic before. at least you don't have a mullet like others in pittsburgh :)
    im thinking of growing one tho wont it looK swell tucked into my popped collar LMAO!!!!!!
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

• Options
    spappyspappy Posts: 21
    Last time I popped my collar at a concert I ended up in traction for a week.
    I got id
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:
    Yeah, I'd let them drown... give me a fucking break. It's funny how a simple statement about popped collars being lame all of a sudden turns you into a heartless asshole who kicks dogs and wouldn't piss on someone if they were on fire.

Take your "state of the world" soapbox the hell out of here.

I wouldn't have a problem with the "state of the world" if I didn't have to see people constantly contributing to it's shitiness. You're the one calling people with popped collars "douchebags". So you should consider hopping off your "oh my god! what IS he wearing?" soapbox before you start shitting on my views.
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:

Ain't that the truth! Maybe that's why I can't find a man in this godforsaken town.

I'll probably get flamed for this but I can't wait to go to the Poison/Cinderella show just to check out all the Pittsburghers who still think it's 1985!!! Just for the record I am more going to see Cinderella than Poison.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• Options
    cooldaddycooldaddy Posts: 52
    Ain't that the truth! Maybe that's why I can't find a man in this godforsaken town.

I'll probably get flamed for this but I can't wait to go to the Poison/Cinderella show just to check out all the Pittsburghers who still think it's 1985!!! Just for the record I am more going to see Cinderella than Poison.

Hey...some of us Pittsburghers think it's 1987 and Cinderella rocks, but not as much as Great White. Fuck Poison and back off my mullet...it took forever to grow
    Sidewalk, Cigarettes, and Scenes

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    cooldaddycooldaddy Posts: 52
    ps...You better believe that my collar is flipped up...oh yeah
    Sidewalk, Cigarettes, and Scenes

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    cooldaddy wrote:
    Hey...some of us Pittsburghers think it's 1987 and Cinderella rocks, but not as much as Great White. Fuck Poison and back off my mullet...it took forever to grow

At least you are a couple of years up on some. Do you wear Izod or Ralph Lauren polos??? :)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    hey at least a popped collar is better than the idiots that held signs, hockey jerseys, and steelers towels up during THE ENTIRE CONCERT! thanks to the guys with the hockey jerseys especially for not letting me, and most of sec 1 not seeing them take a bow at the end.

Between some songs fine, when the lights are on for a bit fine, the ENTIRE TIME, not fine.

I think they had their collars popped too...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Not really. At some venues not hearing Ledbetter for the 20th time can save you an hour's worth of road time. Considering that some usually have 2-3 hour+ drives ahead of them, that makes sense. We aren't all freaks that have to hear every last second of a concert. For me, the worst times at a PJ show are the last two songs of the 1st and 2nd encores. For me, that's the curse of seeing multiple shows. Songs like Ledbetter and RITFW get old. Oh well. There still are 28 other songs that night that get me higher than hell. Would many of us go to 10 Pearl Jam shows a tour if they all had the same setlist? No, not as many. Well, the last song of the night for most shows is Ledbetter and therefore not all of us stay to hear it at every show.

I know how you feel. I saved a couple of days at the St. Paul shows. I had the car packed and I backed out of my driveway, but then I thought: I bet that they will play Comeback (I have incredible disdain for this Jovi-esque tripe) . So I headed back into the driveway and sure enough, they played it. Saved me 2 days and that ain't not bad. Another perk was that I worked. So I earned (and saved) some money too. You gotta love Pearl Jam shows. If only I would have known that they were going to play Comeback in Toronto. I could have saved 5 days and $2000. Ah well. I guess that the other songs I heard in T.O. were ok.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    Songburst wrote:
    I know how you feel. I saved a couple of days at the St. Paul shows. I had the car packed and I backed out of my driveway, but then I thought: I bet that they will play Comeback (I have incredible disdain for this Jovi-esque tripe) . So I headed back into the driveway and sure enough, they played it. Saved me 2 days and that ain't not bad. Another perk was that I worked. So I earned (and saved) some money too. You gotta love Pearl Jam shows. If only I would have known that they were going to play Comeback in Toronto. I could have saved 5 days and $2000. Ah well. I guess that the other songs I heard in T.O. were ok.

I don't get it. You missed an ENTIRE show because of one song?
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465

Something tells me that your sense of humor has gone the way the popped collar look being cool has... ;)
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195

No. I missed 2 partial shows for one song. But I saved time. So everyone wins.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

so we stayed in monroeville. on saturday we left and didn't know where to eat breakfast....so we went down the turnpike and ate at a bob evans in some hick town, think it was called stanton. As SOON as I walked in the door, this guy was paying and he had a serious mullet! but his mullet was identical to 2 guys I saw in my (hick) town here in maryland recently. the guys are always the same age it seems, i guess they graduated in 1986?
    :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:
    Something tells me that your sense of humor has gone the way the popped collar look being cool has... ;)

Perhaps you're right. This whole topic has got me a little hot under the "collar". :D