Options

Is this the Golden Chicago Link?

2»

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    ComeToTX wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    I was looking at the site last night and noticed something. For all the concerts you can add a ticket and then add more to your order. When I tried this for Jason Aldean at Wrigley it canceled my first ticket. For example: I pick a single and then click the add button and add 3 more tickets. For all the other venues I had 4 tickets but for Aldean I just had 3. It canceled my original single.

I'm trying to get myself a single tomorrow (to be as close as possible) but my 3 amigos want to sit together.

Any help?

Make your friends buy their own. ;)

Ha. My wife said the same. I'm looking out for myself first. My kindness tends to be taken advantage of in things like this!

I hear that. I'm the same way. I was "in charge" of getting Vedder tickets last year for some friends and almost ate the cost of one at the last minute thanks to one of these "friends." :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    max8700max8700 Posts: 205
    max8700 wrote:

Nobody knows for sure. On wednesday I was in the waiting room around 9:45, by 10:10 I had my tickets purchased and was finished. Others got in the waiting room at the same time and got shut out. It appears it truly is random when you are allowed into the order page. Having more than one browser going, or window open does NOT increase your chances at all......

Good Luck!

What if I have one computer on my neighbor's wifi and one computer on my wifi, both waiting? Might get a better chance?

As long as the IP addresses are different, you'll be OK. But I wouldn't have multiple browsers open on the same computer, their system likely will recognize that and re-que you every time you open a new window.

UPDATE: OK, I am not a tech guy, and after I posted the message above, my IT guy at work walked in. I misspoke and wanted to correct (this is from my IT guy, who I trust implicitly): It's probably NOT the IP addresses that will get you in trouble, it's the session key generated by your browser when you enter the waiting room. That session key is stored in an Internet cookie. So, bottom line: Do not use the same browser with multiple windows (you will keep generating a new session key, forcing you to go back to the beginning of the virtual line).

Instead, use different browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc. Or, use different devices (laptop, desktop, iPad, etc.)

Hope this helps. Sorry for the bad info earlier.
  • Options
    Nobody knows for sure. On wednesday I was in the waiting room around 9:45, by 10:10 I had my tickets purchased and was finished. Others got in the waiting room at the same time and got shut out. It appears it truly is random when you are allowed into the order page. Having more than one browser going, or window open does NOT increase your chances at all......

Good Luck![/quote]

What if I have one computer on my neighbor's wifi and one computer on my wifi, both waiting? Might get a better chance?[/quote]

As long as the IP addresses are different, you'll be OK. But I wouldn't have multiple browsers open on the same computer, their system likely will recognize that and re-que you every time you open a new window.[/quote]

UPDATE: OK, I am not a tech guy, and after I posted the message above, my IT guy at work walked in. I misspoke and wanted to correct (this is from my IT guy, who I trust implicitly): It's probably NOT the IP addresses that will get you in trouble, it's the session key generated by your browser when you enter the waiting room. That session key is stored in an Internet cookie. So, bottom line: Do not use the same browser with multiple windows (you will keep generating a new session key, forcing you to go back to the beginning of the virtual line).

Instead, use different browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc. Or, use different devices (laptop, desktop, iPad, etc.)

Hope this helps. Sorry for the bad info earlier.[/quote]

I stared at the "waiting room" screen for 20 minutes on wednesday. The disclaimer under the 29 second countdown on Tickets.com said that opening several windows or different browsers will NOT help in your placement......
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Anyone remember back in the day when you had to physically stand in line at the record store?

People used to sleep out, etc... Then Ticketmaster created the raffle to determine the line to get into the record store. So people would drive up with a bunch of homeless people to stand in line.

I wonder if I could hire... wait... they don't have a computer. Agggghhhhhh
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    JB128716 wrote:
    Anyone remember back in the day when you had to physically stand in line at the record store?

People used to sleep out, etc... Then Ticketmaster created the raffle to determine the line to get into the record store. So people would drive up with a bunch of homeless people to stand in line.

I wonder if I could hire... wait... they don't have a computer. Agggghhhhhh

Ha! I camped out for 17 hours for Van Halen tickets 20+ years ago... Ended up with 2nd row. The TM lady at the counter knew we were there since the day before and was totally cool, pulling tickets as soon as she could in blocks of 8 (think we bought 23, there were a few of us... hey it was high school). :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    People complain about these new systems but this is what I remember.

1. You never knew what the price of the show was until 30 minutes before tickets went on sale. Hopefully you brought enough money with you.

2. You prayed to god the poor schmo pulling tickets knew what he was doing. Can you imagine the pressure of pulling tickets for a huge show and you see the people yelling at you to go faster?

3. If it sold out really fast, we would hang out to see if more tickets sprinkled up. I did this once for U2 and ended up in the 2nd row. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm not complaining.

4. Offering to buy tickets for the people ahead of you in line because they only needed two tickets and the ticket limit was 6.

5. A buddy of mine once slept out for the Monsters of Rock and the floor was GA (back when it was easy to get GA tickets). LOL

I'll take waking up and turning on a computer or a lottery any day of the week.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Also, the waiting room is 100% random as to who and when you get let in. Also when you are in the process is smooth, really smooth. Hence the waiting room. I know someone who works for tickets.com and just wanted to make sure what this is. Also the guy who said something about session is correct, I would recommend different browsers etc. Me, I have 8 computers at my disposal in the AM to hash out the ONE ticket that I need! :mrgreen: I am kinda excited!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Also, the waiting room is 100% random as to who and when you get let in.

I was wondering about this. So it's not grabbing people in the order of when they arrived in the waiting room, it just grabs a person at random when it selects the next person. So it's another lottery :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Also, the waiting room is 100% random as to who and when you get let in.

I was wondering about this. So it's not grabbing people in the order of when they arrived in the waiting room, it just grabs a person at random when it selects the next person. So it's another lottery :lol:

Yep in a way it is, the waiting room is there for big on-sales so the site doesn't crash. We have used the same thing for playoff tix/opening day when they go on sale
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    It is just like a lottery....using the waiting room helps prevent the shady people that use bots like they do during ticketmaster onsales.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    It is just like a lottery....using the waiting room helps prevent the shady people that use bots like they do during ticketmaster onsales.

I hope so! I think the majority of people on here trying for tickets will be able to get them, just might not be seats as close as they wanted. Best of luck everybody!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Illinois Posts: 33
    JB128716 wrote:
    People complain about these new systems but this is what I remember.

1. You never knew what the price of the show was until 30 minutes before tickets went on sale. Hopefully you brought enough money with you.

2. You prayed to god the poor schmo pulling tickets knew what he was doing. Can you imagine the pressure of pulling tickets for a huge show and you see the people yelling at you to go faster?

3. If it sold out really fast, we would hang out to see if more tickets sprinkled up. I did this once for U2 and ended up in the 2nd row. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm not complaining.

4. Offering to buy tickets for the people ahead of you in line because they only needed two tickets and the ticket limit was 6.

5. A buddy of mine once slept out for the Monsters of Rock and the floor was GA (back when it was easy to get GA tickets). LOL

I'll take waking up and turning on a computer or a lottery any day of the week.

This is all much preferred to F5ing & having a nervous breakdown because of technology IMO. I would camp out in a heartbeat if it meant securing better seats!