Marilyn Manson Collapses in Saskatoon

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
edited February 2013 in Other Music
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertai ... story.html

SASKATOON -- A Marilyn Manson show is designed to shock, offend and possibly frighten; unless you're a fan that is. At Wednesday night's concert in Saskatoon listeners loved every depraved moment. But the hard rocker has way more bark than bite.

Manson's like the Alice Cooper of his generation, a showman with a flair for the dramatic. It's all theatre, from his knife-shaped microphone to his bright Pope costume. And just when you think you've got the Manson act cased, he does something like use a confetti cannon. Yes, a pop concert confetti cannon. Somehow he gets away with it.

Manson opened the show with Hey Cruel World from his newest album, Born Villain. The cross-covered stage, reminiscent of the '80s horror film Pet Cemetery, filled with smoke as the lanky rocker (in head-to-toe leather) commanded the crowd. The sold-out audience left its seats before the first note.

Delivering songs in his low, gravelly voice over a sea of black clothing (except for that shirtless guy), Manson and his three-piece band performed a few new songs and old favourites like mOBSCENE and The Dope Show.

Though both covers, the concert highlights were the Depeche Mode song, Personal Jesus, with its amazing bass line and probably his best known song, Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).

Whether charming the crowd by calling them mother (ahem) "lovers" or doing his signature dance move, the hammy stretch, the Saskatoon crowd seemed to approve. It was dark and creepy, but so much fun -- from the costume changes to the moment where he threw a birthday cake into the crowd. Then it all ended rather abruptly with an encore of The Beautiful People, where the 44-year-old rocker barely sang and then collapsed on stage. Maybe it was more theatre, but it did seem strange when four roadies dragged him offstage. The house lights went up after just an hour, a very loud, sometimes sublimely odd, hour.

Video of the final song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8XGBIUDUHk

Hope he is okay and was just out of breath or something

Setlist FM made this note on their setlist: Note: Manson lost consciousness during "The Beautiful People" and had to be carried off stage by EMTs.
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18