Options

Knock it the FUCK off about Camden!

FartsMakeMeGiggleFartsMakeMeGiggle Posts: 39
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Ok, we fucking know the city is a shithole, but for CHRIST'S SAKE, the concerts were fucking awesome. Oh, you got lost trying to leave Camden and ended up in hell on earth? Well, stop trying to be fucking Christopher Columbus and WAIT YOUR FUCKING TURN TO LEAVE! It's not our fault that if you're not from South Jersey or Philly that you don't know that you NEVER EVER EVER EVER go on the other side of the bridge. You stay to the RIGHT of the bridge.

So if all you people are just going to bitch and bitch and bitch about Camden, STAY THE FUCK OUT! Jesus, I've seen countless threads on here and on the Porch about people saying what a shitty experience they had here and they just sit here and rip apart the city - WE KNOW THE CITY IS SHIT. Enjoy the music, rock your fucking ass out and go home - without going to the wrong side of the bridge.

Fuck.

And Camden 2 blew away Camden 1. Both shows were amazing, but that setlist from night 2 was friggen AWESOME.
Okay... seatbelts. Just put the little thing into the big thing and... I tell ya what. If you don't know how to fasten your seatbelt, just raise your hand and I'll have Tommy Boy here come back there and hit you in the head with a tack hammer because you're a RETARD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    Or just don't go at all and hopefully my seats will be better
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    Is Camden a real place?
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Ok, we fucking know the city is a shithole, but for CHRIST'S SAKE, the concerts were fucking awesome. Oh, you got lost trying to leave Camden and ended up in hell on earth? Well, stop trying to be fucking Christopher Columbus and WAIT YOUR FUCKING TURN TO LEAVE! It's not our fault that if you're not from South Jersey or Philly that you don't know that you NEVER EVER EVER EVER go on the other side of the bridge. You stay to the RIGHT of the bridge.

So if all you people are just going to bitch and bitch and bitch about Camden, STAY THE FUCK OUT! Jesus, I've seen countless threads on here and on the Porch about people saying what a shitty experience they had here and they just sit here and rip apart the city - WE KNOW THE CITY IS SHIT. Enjoy the music, rock your fucking ass out and go home - without going to the wrong side of the bridge.

Fuck.

And Camden 2 blew away Camden 1. Both shows were amazing, but that setlist from night 2 was friggen AWESOME.
    Couldn't agree more!!! I only went to night 1 but it was good enough for me! I didn't get lost and got home in record time! As far as the sights of the city, have the people that complained never left their little nest of suburbia??? Hell-holes exist all over the country. If you are that bothered by it, suit up and become a Camden Police Officer so that you can help clean up the streets. BTW, disregard mapquest directions that tell you to exit at 5a, go to exit 4!!!! It took friends of mine that parked after exiting at 5a an hour and a half just to get out of the parking area. I know this tip is a little late, but hopefully provided help to anyone who dares to ever again venture into the pits of hell known as Camden!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,735
    exolstice wrote:
    Is Camden a real place?

Oscar The Grouch lives in Camden.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options

i agree. i've seen about 10-15 shows at the tweeter and i've never had a problem.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 229
    I agree. Camden may not be the most picturesque city in the world, but safety isn't a problem when you are in a sea of 25,000 people and 10,000+ cars that are there just for the show.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    Do farts really make you giggle?
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    And Camden 2 blew away Camden 1.

Unless of course you were talking about the posters,

then its the other way around !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733

Fuck.

Thank you and well said........and this lack of energy shit from Camden 2.....what the fuck are they talking about? I have absolutely no energy today because of Camden 2
  • Options
    Are you from Camden? Just curious because I was surprised by the lack of people coming to defense of their home town! I've never been there, but kudos for sticking up for yourself if you are indeed from there.
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    Are you from Camden? Just curious because I was surprised by the lack of people coming to defense of their home town! I've never been there, but kudos for sticking up for yourself if you are indeed from there.

I doubt there are many people from Camden that attend the shows. I live 2 minutes from another shithole called Reading,PA.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I actually enjoyed the ambiance as I was driving in. Place looked like downtown Baghdad. Hats off...
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    Or just stay in Philly like I did and take the ferry. Totally worth the trip and a great Memorial Day weekend. I agree. . . .stop complaining. . . 2 great nights of music.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Do farts really make you giggle?
    I cant speak for the thread starter, but I sure get a laugh out of them!:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    hsh wrote:
    Or just stay in Philly like I did and take the ferry. Totally worth the trip and a great Memorial Day weekend. I agree. . . .stop complaining. . . 2 great nights of music.

That's what we did. Not that hard!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Mr. ChubbyMr. Chubby Posts: 19
    IT smells like tinkle over there. However the band could play in Beirut and I'd still try to get tickets.
    Well, thats just like, your opinion man.
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    30+ shows and these 2 shows don't even break the the top 20.
    People overall were trailor trash, no respect about keeping the lots clean, broken bottles allover the place. People selling the the balloons with whatever that stuff is called. everyone was high, throwing up, peeing in the bushes in the venue. Its Sad to say the least. Crowd left alot to be desirede as well. I could go on and on.
    How I choose to feel is how I am.

I went to Camden 1 and thought that was the better setlist.
    I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...

11/15/91 NY
    04/17/94 NY
    10/26/96 CT
    09/08/98 NJ
    09/10,11/98 NY
    08/25/00 NY
    10/01/04 PA
    05/27/06 NJ
    06/01/06 NJ
    06/03/06 NJ
    06/19/08 NJ
    06/24,25/08 NY
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Hell-holes exist all over the country. If you are that bothered by it, suit up and become a Camden Police Officer so that you can help clean up the streets. !

Don't you have to LIVE there to be a police officer???

LOLOL good try
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    Xboxjunkie wrote:
    30+ shows and these 2 shows don't even break the the top 20.
    People overall were trailor trash, no respect about keeping the lots clean, broken bottles allover the place. People selling the the balloons with whatever that stuff is called. everyone was high, throwing up, peeing in the bushes in the venue. Its Sad to say the least. Crowd left alot to be desirede as well. I could go on and on.

30+ shows from which tours?

People can be ignorant all over the world. It sounds as if your overall bad experience with Camden influenced your enjoyment of the show. That's understandable, **TOTALLY**. But this is not the band's fault.

I can't remember part of last night's show but I've been through tours 96 - 2000 and I rank both Camden shows among the top, including the first show which disappointed so many with it's greatest hits style set list.

As I was telling people in line, those who've watched Pearl Jam these past tours experienced incremental growth and maybe can't see the enormity of the change or they wouldn't be complaining.

I assure you, this band is absolutely amazing, stunning, outstanding, on fire... you name it, they're it. On a supposedly off night, they blew away every band I've ever seen live. Interestingly, a worker at Tweeter thought the first night was the better show and this person wasn't a fan and didn't know any of their music. Even with my blank-out I felt the second show was greater, but as you can see perceptions are colored by experience.

I haven't seen them in six fucking years and they are so great, it's mind boggling.

I can't wait for tomorrow night. It's my last show and I'll be sad but hot damn, this has been GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    Mr. Chubby wrote:
    IT smells like tinkle over there. However the band could play in Beirut and I'd still try to get tickets.

"tinkle"

hee hee
  • Options

Seriously! I'm from Northern Jersey and I've been to Camden for Pearl Jam shows 3 times with absolutely no problems getting in or out of there. Mapquest is a good thing. Not to mention the band always gets up and does a great show there and the crowds are usually intense which makes the band play even better.

Please all fanclub members who have numbers lower than me, please, stay home! Maybe I'll get the best seats in the house instead of the same people all the time.
    9/29/96 Randalls Island, NYC ****
    9/10/98 Madison Square Garden, NYC
    9/01/00 Camden, NJ
    7/06/03 Camden, NJ
    7/08/03 Madison Square Garden, NYC ****
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ
    6/03/06 East Rutherford, NJ
  • Options
    For someone with the name "FartsMakeMeGiggle", you're awfully touchy...

haha j/k
  • Options
    satansdicksatansdick Posts: 45
    I went to Camden 1 and thought that was the better setlist.

i thought night 1 was better put together than night 2....

also, i must say, camden IS NOT THAT BAD...c'mon people...

if all you saw was the parking lot and then went to the venue...you must have also seen the nice architecture of some of those buildings, the nice waterfront and the aquarium...

perhaps if you are looking for something good to take away from an experience, as opposed to being so negative about the situation...you would notice things of that nature...but whatever.

both shows rocked..thanks PJ!
    "Let's go! Fuck this fuckin' chocolate factory," EV 7/12/03, Hershey Park, PA
  • Options
    dirty_mikedirty_mike Posts: 131
    Another thing is whats the difference between philly and camden besides a couple of miles? dont get me wrong cause camden is a shithole, but the parking lots dont look any diffrent from a philly show. balloons, weed, beer, piss,... sounds like a concert to me.
  • Options
    mamajammermamajammer Posts: 4
    I didnt go to Camden for a vacation I went to see PJ. Rocked out at Camden2 and the cops directed us right to the bridge afterwards, no probs. Great fucking show. just drive fast through the town and dont look around.
    MAKE MUSIC -- NOT WAR
  • Options
    mamajammer wrote:
    I didnt go to Camden for a vacation I went to see PJ. Rocked out at Camden2 and the cops directed us right to the bridge afterwards, no probs. Great fucking show. just drive fast through the town and dont look around.

We went for both. Philly was GORGEOUS on Sunday. We walked to the Academy Of Natural Science but didn't last long as the night before had been so draining. I wanted to make it to the Museum Of Art for the Wyeth exhibit but LOL... no fucking way was that going to happen.

Philadelphia is beautiful though, just beautiful. The fountain in Logan Square was wonderful. The vibe was refreshing. I can't wait to go back but I'm not likely to have another excuse any time soon.

I'm scheming how to pull off Hawaii. I went to Maui in 98. I'd so oh... oh so much love to take the blissful one to the islands. Oh god, I have to make that happen and spend a week. How, I don't have a clue but I'm going to work on it.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,735
    Alessiana wrote:
    I haven't seen them in six fucking years and they are so great, it's mind boggling.

more importantly, where have U been for "six fucking years?" THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!

and why can't U remember?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    more importantly, where have U been for "six fucking years?" THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!

where've i been has been hard times. read my blog room fever under older writings. there's a clue in there. there are severe financial repercussions to taking certain actions. actions that had to be taken.
    PJammin' wrote:
    and why can't U remember?

why i can't remember parts of philly 2 well, my life twisted and it took some time to recover emotionally enough to get past it. the band was great and unknowingly, really really fucking helped.

i'm ok as long as i don't think too hard.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    Still better than Hartford
    "its like his thoughts are too big for his size"