Options

Hard to Imagine...

I had a really bad January and February hasn't started off all that well either. Since the new year started there has been a increase in the amount of stress at work in terms of dealing with difficult colleagues, co-workers and employees and attempting to get some time off for a vacation. I was pretty much ready to explode and tell everyone off, it actually got to the point where I applied for another job just in the attempt to escape.

While I was working from home (attempting to get ahead so I can get a vacation in March) and decided to listen to my Pearl Jam live playlist. Unbelievable that after listening to 7 songs I'm starting to be at ease and beginning to relax. This change in physical and mental state is such a relief. I honestly am taken back by this change and had to share.

Thanks for reading and take care all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    Sometimes it's nice when the good things make life a little easier for us. Hopefully things get better.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    mervin50 wrote:
    I had a really bad January and February hasn't started off all that well either. Since the new year started there has been a increase in the amount of stress at work in terms of dealing with difficult colleagues, co-workers and employees and attempting to get some time off for a vacation. I was pretty much ready to explode and tell everyone off, it actually got to the point where I applied for another job just in the attempt to escape.

While I was working from home (attempting to get ahead so I can get a vacation in March) and decided to listen to my Pearl Jam live playlist. Unbelievable that after listening to 7 songs I'm starting to be at ease and beginning to relax. This change in physical and mental state is such a relief. I honestly am taken back by this change and had to share.

It's like I read a diary entry of my own from a year ago....

Things got whole lot better for me and they will get better for you too...thanks for sharing.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    hope all gets better!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mervin50 wrote:

I hope you do feel better soon. For personal reasons the month of February is very tough for me and music does heal the mind and spirit. Take care
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    Thank you all. I'm still here..... smiles onward
  • Options
    nym5cbnym5cb Posts: 72
    I had something very similar happen to me today. Just an absolutely awful morning and afternoon, the rain was pouring and wasn't making things any better ( I certainly didn't sing Wash that morning, lol). Then I came back to my room and started doing some work and I listened to the 4/3/94 Atlanta Show at Fox Theater and suddenly the sun began to come out, and things were just more relaxed. It was wonderful...all thanks to PJ :D
    "And i listen, for the voice inside my head... Nothin'... I'll do this one myself."
    5/21/10- MSG
    9/2/11- PJ20 1
    9/3/11- PJ20 2
    9/2/12- Made in America, Philly
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Just wanted to share my personal view on the matter. My stance on this is on the opposite. I definitely do not want to link any negative feelings, thoughts to PJ music.

So I will not listen to PJ when I am in stressful situation. One example, I do not put PJ music to car tape, driving to and from work. I do not want the appreciation of PJ music get lost in the stress of Moscow traffic, work thoughts, etc...

For me, PJ is only for my leisure time, time to enjoy life. It feels great to have it on the car tape on a road trip during holiday.

Another issue is, I count myself lucky because my wife is not into PJ music. I wouldnt like my appreciation of PJ music be a part of ups and downs of marriage life.

Be awesome.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1